Twisted Treeline Remake on PBE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonnFirinne

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
We will be revising Maokai's bio and he will retain a connection to twisted treeline but he will not be undead.

Maokai would regard the shadow isles as a perversion of all that was natural. He would never count himself as one of the champions of the shadow isles. He would desperately want to destroy any undead he met, or any human who chose to draw power from that unnatural place.
While this does fit Maokai's personality, there isn't much available for Shadow Isles lore to make this apparent. Only vague talk of the rumored undead. Maybe some big lore-story could be whipped up to make the Shadow isles a little more than "that foggy place where people die a lot?" Maybe even something like the Ionia vs Noxus thing. Or maybe something is already in the works? Blink twice if you're not allowed to reveal any details, and three times if Elise is holding you hostage.

micheja

10-18-2012

oh, riot, its soo beutiful, so are the 6 new skins coming. but i dhate you for making the pbe soo popular, my position in que is over 9000

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I love the new layouts.

The meta will be:

Quote:
Did you kill an enemy? If yes try to push tower.

No time for tower? If no then lock enemy altar.

Still got time after altar? Hit each enemy big minion in jungle and crutch lanes/ eat your jungle.

Every enemy dead? Choose between Spider boss or Towers.

Crowding the jungle around the altars is genius. It incentivizes less clashy oriented players into getting their butt to the other side of the map. It leads for easier farming OR easier counter jungling. Both pluses in my book.

The new map looks verrrry pristine and crisp. Like a place that has been dead for a very long time. I love how hard the spider boss hits. This makes it so you really need to make sure you wipe enemy team first or they can counter you very easy.

The new items are great from what I have seen so far. The double pen item is awesome. I love that it only has 10% cooldown so you can get it with yoomoo's if you want. I love the hunters armor that regens you on kills. Very cool. The Ichor pots are verrrrrry nice for when you want to sneak attack towers.

I think all in all it is a HUGE improvement and I plan on playing it with smart teammates once you guys are sure it can go live.

As it stands right now with only 1 game I LOVE its concept and feeling so far. Ima play a few more. should sneak 1 beta TT live game spotlight onto the normal server

I have no comments for improvement as of yet. It was very fun.

Although I can see diehard old TT fans crying over this for weeks so you will have to make old TT a custom game choice. After it dies out in 2 months then remove it.

I think more people will play TT competitively this way because it is much simpler map structure wise yet has so much more strategy.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo483 View Post
This new map looks BEAUTIFUL, although, i feel like the playstyle i grew to love and adore so much has been shoved off the cliff and replaced with a slower paced dominion style.
Kudos to the creators of the artwork, but the gamestyle is not coveted at all. Please fix.
Only if you chose to focus on the altars. In fact though if you focus on towers above altars then the enemy loses safety zone if you boom a tower. An enemy with less safety zone + you have more safety zone = more successful ganks and less escapes.

Nithael

10-18-2012

Riot played to much Darksiders 2.
Thats all I have to say.

Aquilux

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpankyJ View Post
I dont like changing the items and camps... 3s ranked was actually good... if this turns into a more dominion style thing I'm going to cry
I totally agree:
There are no wards allowed on TT, no jungle buffs, different items, random altars?? This isn't dominion for ****'s sake. They ruined TT instead of just fixing a few prominent, but fixable (without major redesign) issues.
All they needed to do was reduce laser range and make them even, make minions unaggro when reaching the bottom step of laser so they couldn't be pulled in, and make jungle camps fixed instead of random. That is all everyone ever asked for and now TT gets its butt slapped into another dimension... Better play original TT before it's gone forever... if I wanted to play dominion, I would instead.

Yes, wall hopping champs were strong, as is GP5 is more so on Summoner's Rift as is ghost summoner spell on Dominion. They are different places with different strategies and different champions should have different strengths on each.

And what's with the no wards??? Yes, that new Soullight item will be mandatory now which will reduce item variety as well as champion variety (because only someone who can take advantage of the Soullight's stats should be getting it anyway).
No wards makes the game into a bush camping competition to see who is bored enough to facecheck without knowing where anyone is because NO WARDS?! For example, in ranked, when you have to be extra careful, no one will want to go anywhere without team out of fear of 3v1 out of nowhere. Especially late game when one wrong move = death = game over. Wards are part of the strategy of the game. Counter-warding, ward luring, vital enemy position information... all lost. Sure it is even because both teams cannot buy wards, but I really feel like this turns TT into a lucky, blind gank/bush camping game.

TT was my favorite mode. Now I just don't know. I wish that Riot just fixed the issues everyone complained about forever without permanently rehauling the mode.

jarub

10-18-2012

Do the alters possess global vision like the middle buff on Dominion? Or can you sneak that kind of stuff?

rjcombo

Lead Designer

10-18-2012
50 of 50 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westy2006 View Post
Do the alters possess global vision like the middle buff on Dominion? Or can you sneak that kind of stuff?
Altars grant vision only to the team that owns them.

Aldirus

10-18-2012

I am not exactly excited about this remake. what if you are a late game team? Well too bad for you cause turtling is gone. Guess I won't be playing any 3s in the near-future, cause if I do, I will never win, and I am sure there are several other teams who feel the exact same as me. I for one, think that the map is fine the way it is. Oh and that Nexus wall thing is dumb too, Cause I know that knocking people into the fountain has saved me a loss more than once.

Aquilux

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
More the latter. The goal is to encourage less turtling/farming and more skirmishing. In terms of game flow, I think you'll find the new TT rests comfortably in a place between Summoner's Rift and The Crystal Scar.
But if I wanted a SR experience, I would play that... and if I wanted a Dominion experience, I'd play that mode... TT was its own style, and I am very, very afraid that it's all gone.
I am sure it will be fun still... but wouldn't it have been so much easier to have just fixed the things people begged from Riot over the years (multiple laser problems, inconsistent jungle, weak Ebonmaw, etc.) without a complete overhaul??