Riots Business Strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cether

10-18-2012

Is something like this:

What they're doing is setting up an expected value for the item skins. This will cost an amount that will add up very quickly provided you renew it every time it runs out. However, $5 for a permanent version appears more reasonable if you take into account the fact that the rentable aggregate price.

In short, there will be permanent ones, they will be roughly 5 times the cost what you'd probably pay over all, and they will sell more this way. Smooth business is smooth.

All of you people getting angry and saying "I would buy them if they weren't temporary!" luckily for you there will be permanent ones. Unfortunately for you they will cost more because Riot is artificially creating a demand for them while controlling the price.

Good day.

EDIT: It's come to my attention that the initial price is substantially less then I originally thought, this has been taken into account.

FrankyCentaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Yeah. So.

Yesterday, people were like "I'll ONLY pay 200RP and 1000IP for those wards."

Today, people are saying "PLZ MAKE THEM PERMANENT, I'LL PAY 975RP and 6300IP!!!"

It's truly greedy and genius.

Xx420NoSc0p3xX

10-18-2012

Well, cynics seem to be correct on this for once.

Daemous

11-08-2012

Honestly I wouldn't mind paying a slight bit more for a permanent "whatever it is". I'm not saying that I'll buy anything at any price as long as it's permanent because there is a set limit I will accept before I will consider something overpriced. And not only that I would also consider something overpriced if the item's quality does not meet the price it's set as(e.g. a common wooden pencil for $10).

And the reasoning on this is because a one time purchase doe not add up like repeated purchases. It's like buying rechargeable batteries vs disposable ones. You will pay a slight bit more more for the rechargeable batteries compared to the disposable ones upon purchase of the batteries but with the rechargeable ones, you won't have to keep buying them when they run out of battery power, thus saving money in the long run.

Basically the same thing applies here.

tempnameA461

11-08-2012

3 Posts
1,153 views ಠ_ಠ