Just found out there are "Riot Content Producers"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilXkilla

09-21-2010

Edit: a green post said they are hired what I thought Graphics Designers do: quote "Characters, Skins, UI overhauls, graphics overhauls, new maps, artwork, sounds and other stuff still in the works" gah I was wrong about what "content"" is my bad

Just saw a Riot "Content Producer" post on forums; that's cool, apart from the fact that there hasn't been any new content since beta (apart from champions), but that's still cool, he has a nice job (of doing nothing? hehe)

Oh yeah forgot we're getting a new map, okay so I guess we should assume some sort of new content once in a year?

>.>

OKay fine I'm horrible at complaining, but just like thousands of other LoL players I've reached a point where I've tried all champions that interested me and going into a game is .... well repetitive. There are SO many suggestions by players all the time on new content ... there was a post with hundreds of pages of replies ... and I feel like we're wasting our time suggesting stuff.

Gurglingemu

09-21-2010

You've got to understand that for the first six months, Riot was struggling just to make their new game work. Now that it does work, they can look into new content.

Hence the new map, season one, graphics engine, etc etc.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

09-21-2010

Characters, Skins, UI overhauls, graphics overhauls, new maps, artwork, sounds and other stuff still in the works. Yeah you're actually pretty good at complaining, its just not valid.

evilXkilla

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurglingemu View Post
You've got to understand that for the first six months, Riot was struggling just to make their new game work. Now that it does work, they can look into new content.

Hence the new map, season one, graphics engine, etc etc.
So why hire a Content developer instead of more software engineers? Maybe these guys are new? I dunno

LotionExplosion

09-21-2010

I heard OP is good at running businesses.

evilXkilla

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
Characters, Skins, UI overhauls, graphics overhauls, new maps, artwork, sounds and other stuff still in the works. Yeah you're actually pretty good at complaining, its just not valid.
Hey thats what Graphic Designers are for!

But nice try anyway

Btw you used "maps" in plural Do you know something I don't?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilXkilla View Post
Hey thats what Graphic Designers are for!

But nice try anyway

Btw you used "maps" in plural Do you know something I don't?
They aren't just stopping at 3 maps and are hiring more artists to accelerate the process. Do you have any idea what producers do? Do you even know what JeffJew (the producer I'm assuming you saw) does?

evilXkilla

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
They aren't just stopping at 3 maps and are hiring more artists to accelerate the process. Do you have any idea what producers do? Do you even know what JeffJew (the producer I'm assuming you saw) does?
You talk as if I'm supposed to know all that stuff >.<

I'd love to know what's in store for the future Mind sharing?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilXkilla View Post
You talk as if I'm supposed to know all that stuff >.<

I'd love to know what's in store for the future Mind sharing?
So you claim he does nothing, yet you don't know what it is that he should be doing?
First lets start with a quick explanation of the producer role
Quote:
An internal producer is heavily involved in the development of, usually, a single game. Responsibilities for this position vary from company to company, but in general, the person in this position has the following duties:
In short, the internal producer is ultimately responsible for timely delivery and final quality of the game.
For small games, the producer may interact directly with the programming and creative staff. For larger games, the producer will seek the assistance of the lead programmer, art lead, game designer and testing lead. While it is customary for the producer to meet with the entire development staff from time to time, for larger games, they will only meet with the leads on a regular basis to keep updated on the development status.
For most games, the producer does not have a large role but does have some influence on the development of the game design. While not a game designer, the producer has to weave the wishes of the publisher or upper management into the design. They usually seek the assistance of the game designer in this effort. So the final game design is a result the effort of the designer and some influence of the producer.
In general, the producer is not the "boss" of the people on the game development team, but the "boss" of the game. So while a programmer may answer to a programming director, where matters of the game are involved, they answer to the producer. Producers may issue reprimands or issue accolades, but usually the fate of the developer's employment is not in the hands of the producer. So while they may suggest termination or promotions of certain employees, the producer normally cannot fire or promote team members single-handedly.
This is probably a little broader than his role, but it fits best.

Now a brief bio on Jeff Jew
Quote:
Jeff Jew began his game industry career as a Designer at Riot Games, helping to create and balance characters, maps and other in-game items. He then transitioned to an Associate Producer role on the team and now manages all content production for the art, design, and audio teams on Riot Games’ debut title, League of Legends. In addition, Jeff also manages the character concepting and development teams which create the new Champions and skins for League of Legends.
Now lets look the the future:
Thanks to PC Gamer, and Riot's press release we know for sure that a new champion and a new map is on the way.

Fantastic, now lets look at the map of Valoran
Theres lots of space here just begging to be filled. Zileas (the Design Director) is looking for a mid level designer with PvE experience. The new map has been under development for a while, so this is not likely related to Magma chamber but a new map or even campaign mode potentially. (Campaign mode is something that Riot has been excited about in the past but wants to focus on PVP and stability first).

Riot isn't closing up shop, they're just getting started. They release new content every 2 weeks, and have some massive changes in store. Producers help create, and streamline the content creation process.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

09-21-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
riot isn't closing up shop, they're just getting started.
SO MUCH TRUTH! Seriously.