Honorable opponent ribbons are becoming too common

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Insentience

10-17-2012

And judging by the behaviour I've seen from these 'honorable opponents' they clearly don't deserve the ribbon.

CandyPuffs

10-17-2012

Honorable opponent is given out at random depending on how bitter the enemy team is feeling that match.

lmaonade200

10-17-2012

there was only motivation to be fake nice as long as the reward wasn't obtained yet, once they have there's no incentive anymore

Aelthar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

honor is given out like candy.

Insentience

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelthar View Post
honor is given out like candy.
Isn't there something that stops people from giving away too much honor?

Suien Reizo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Just got trolled by my own team composed of a 4 man premade. 3 of them had honorable opponent ribbon and spent the game harassing both myself and the opposing team about how it was only a normal mixed with a fair bit of racial slurs.

From my point of view this honor system is a failure.

Vadè

10-17-2012

On behalf of people who have the honorable opponent ribbon I apologize for you having to experience games where the people in them obviously did not deserve them. I wish you could've been someone I played against and alas I do agree that alot of people who have the crest do not show themselves to be honorable.

Pikachuux3

10-17-2012

I see many honorable opponents dodging in ranked lobby queues.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-17-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Just report them.

They'll lose their Ribbons if they get into the Tribunal and get banned. Furthermore, if they actually are dishonorable, Ribbons can 'expire' even without getting to the Tribunal. You have to be consistently honorable and positive to actually keep Ribbons.

Tigercule

10-17-2012

I've only seen Honorable Opponent so far; not a single other kind. I think HO needs to be re-evaluated.