Malzahar's Ultimate Vs Ezreal's Ultimate.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D3leet

09-21-2010

When I cast Malzahar's Ultimate, it is supposed to cause "suppression" now. That means that spells and such cannot be cast, not to mention its a grab anyways. So I have used his ultimate to stop channeling spells, such as Fiddlesticks drain, other Malzahar Ultimates and the like.

Ezreals Ultimate reads as such;

Trueshot Barrage
Ezreal channels for 1 second to fire a powerful barrage of energy missiles which do massive damage to each unit they pass through (deals 8% less damage to each unit it passes through).

So Imagine my surprise when I hear Ezreal start the cast of his ultimate, *he makes that screaming sound right at the beginning, I immediately cast Malzahars Nether Grasp on him. It grabs him, but the animation, and sound, and casting of Ezreals ultimate is not stopped in any way. Is this the intended effect? Or was this spell supposed to stop Ezreal's Ultimate, and did not?

Loptyr

09-21-2010

I didn't actually realise the tooltip said 'channel'--I always was under the impression it was just a long casting time.

What I mean to say, is that it -is- just a long casting time, it isn't a channel, so if anything this is either

a) a tooltip error

b) someone forgot that 'channel' != 'casting time' when coding the dang thing...

Honestly I really hope it's (a), b/c ez yelling, casting, and then being stunned for 2 seconds by sion after that 1 second delay is mildly humorous...

Ditto Gosmento

09-21-2010

I had a similar problem, but it was with master yi!
I used Malzahar ultimate on him, the timer started running, that purple line connected us both and then he used his skill Alpha Strike and canceled my ult!

0bese No Lifer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

It just can't really cancel it, either way Malz suck in team fights, his ult is interuptable.

Ditto Gosmento

09-21-2010

My case was an 1x1 against Yi.

D3leet

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0bese No Lifer View Post
It just can't really cancel it, either way Malz suck in team fights, his ult is interuptable.

Im sorry but if you think malz sucks in team fights then you obviously aren't very good with the hero. If you stay back and cast calls on initiations and use your e on squishy's so that it bounces from one hero to the next, exhaust their main dps, and hold their strongest cc/heal with your ultimate, I've found him to be extremely viable in teamfights. Just gotta know how to use him..... (If your initiating team fights you will lose, if you initiate ganks, you will win and yes there is a difference)

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

09-21-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I have confirmed this bug. Look for a fix when we have time.

Crusnik07

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by statikk View Post
No need to rush. I noticed this a few weeks ago but don't worry. Ezreal is so nerfed it doesn't really matter if he hits me for only 600 and proceeds to die in my ult + deathfire combo.

Kharn Skyshatter

09-22-2010

Is this the same bug that lets Gangplank now use Remove Scurvy through supression?

D3leet

09-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by statikk View Post

Yay, I found a bug! Go me! :P