Why Sona players are mad about the nerfs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-16-2012
1 of 20 Riot Posts

Agreed - I think we can agree on this. We'll keep a tight eye on supports coming up here (Janna not being used was really surprising!) and the item changes will also have a massive effect. When Season 3 comes to a close, we'll be doing some heavy balance work with that initiative - especially because a lot will change, power-wise.

We do have some specific things in there that help supports directly - including alternate gold gain methods that work within the classic support playstyle.

Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

i dont see any nerfs, this is all speculation. even if there are nerfs you dont even know what exactly is being nerfedand to what degree.

Postal Miku

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Agreed - I think we can agree on this. We'll keep a tight eye on supports coming up here (Janna not being used was really surprising!) and the item changes will also have a massive effect. When Season 3 comes to a close, we'll be doing some heavy balance work with that initiative - especially because a lot will change, power-wise.

We do have some specific things in there that help supports directly - including alternate gold gain methods that work within the classic support playstyle.
Thanks for the honesty, it was a really big problem in the past, we were basically screaming at brick walls

Just a question, are the Sona nerfs planned for this upcoming patch or later?
just preparing

Sharag

10-16-2012

The problem with Sona is in her design. Her ult is simply so powerful that the rest of her kit has to suffer for it.

The best solution would be to rework her ult. Then the rest of her kit could be made to actually be significant.

As a Sona player, would you agree to such a change?

Leib Olmai

10-16-2012

Don't forget guys, even if Morello just said that he'll keep a tight eye on support, Sona WILL STILL GET NERFED. And she deserve those nerf.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Quote:
item changes
You have my attention.

Afflictid

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
i dont see any nerfs, this is all speculation. even if there are nerfs you dont even know what exactly is being nerfedand to what degree.

They'll nerf the damage of her Q or powerchord again. Then she'll be just another healbot bottom.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-16-2012
2 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile Miku View Post
Thanks for the honesty, it was a really big problem in the past, we were basically screaming at brick walls

Just a question, are the Sona nerfs planned for this upcoming patch or later?
just preparing
It'd be upcoming most likely, before the Season 3 things.

I'm still not sure if we are doing it, I just know at our last meeting that was the recommendation. If we do it, and if we do overnerf, promise we'll be faster this time!

Vertchewal

10-16-2012

Mad because everyone bought the Arcade Sona skin and now she's getting nerf'd and won't be as viable. The only thing she needs is a nerf on the Q power cord....**** hurts.

Eletale

10-16-2012

Quote:

First, your Janna comment is completely the opposite of what you said in the other thread.
Quote:
We will make a new support soon, and will be making more.

I don't think there's a valid conversation to have here - I've talked it to death (with reasoning), and I know it feels really bad, even if it is correct

If it does, in fact, push support out of the game, we'll fix it and be quick about it - I can say that much. It's not our goal. But at this time, there's no reason to believe Soraka and Janna are weak (though if we stop seeing traditional support or heavy favor of kill support, we'll go back towards where we are/were).
Second, how can you be sure that those changes won't dissapear just because other roles are abusing them? I'm not really willing to bet on these new item's longevity.