@Riot The future direction of LoL... What is it?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

10-15-2012
20 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Swamp View Post
@rjcombo @Morello,

Is there any chance we could possible see achievements being implements in Season 3?
It's unlikely we'll have achievements for the start of Season 3, but maybe during the season. I can't make any promises. What I can say is, if we add an achievements system, we'll be very focused on making sure players aren't encouraged to do silly things to earn rewards.

Quote:
Also, do you think Riot as a whole would/could ever create a animated movie or campaign mode out of League of Legends?
The creative team is working hard right now on improving the world and lore of League of Legends. Not sure we're quite ready for an animated film, but you can expect to see cool stuff soon(tm).

As for a campaign mode, that falls into the category of new maps and modes, which is not our focus at the moment.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

10-15-2012
21 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoAFarrellRoll View Post
A suggestion for the UI if it has not already been mentioned.

I believe it would be a good idea to implement some mechanic where if you hover over the icon for an ability the mana bar greys out how the percentage of the bar it would use or the amount would blink/fade in and out for that amount. This could also be implemented when you select an ability if it is a target/skillshot in which you have to make a second click (if not smartcasting).

Just a thought. It may be a bit of a hand holdy idea, i'm not sure.
Interesting idea. I'll pass this on to the UI team. Thanks!

rjcombo

Lead Designer

10-15-2012
22 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Blood View Post
A suggestion I have is this:

We could change the order of the masteries and runes. As a organized person, I like these things to help me find the runes/masteries I want.
=)
Were you aware you can manually name your rune and mastery pages in your summoner profile? Just click on the "Mastery Page #" or "Rune Page #" text and type a new name. I find it helps a ton with organization.

LustxFinale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

I've really enjoyed seeing some of the UI improvements, especially when seeing your actual hp and mana regen inside their respective bars.

The one thing I would really like to see added would be a cooldown reduction display. Between masteries, runes (especially cdr/level ones), buffs, elixirs, items etc. it can be rather difficult to remember where you stand in relation to the cap.

I just think it would be useful to be able to check your cooldown reduction at a glance.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

10-15-2012
23 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsOfPlague View Post
Any plans to add voice chat into the game? I know there are down sides (trolls blowing up voice chat, ragers raging hard etc) but adding a mute button in the tab screen would fix most if not all of those. The pros would be nice (easier team communication, more immersive game play, not having to take your hands off the mouse to communicate with) and in my opinion out weigh the cons to it.
We've done some research on this and are not convinced native VOIP is highly valuable for improving the community experience, especially when the players communicating are strangers. For players who are familiar with each other, there is already a host of great 3rd party solutions for voice.

That's not to say we'll never add VOIP to the game. It's just not a high priority.

DT777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
We've done some research on this and are not convinced native VOIP is highly valuable for improving the community experience, especially when the players communicating are strangers. For players who are familiar with each other, there are already a host of great 3rd party solutions for voice.

That's not to say we'll never add VOIP to the game. It's just not a high priority.
That's actually probably a smart decision. Playing DotA 2 has made me realize, sometimes I just don't want to hear the other players on my team. Well, DotA 2 and Halo/CoD. God xbawks kids are annoying.

Negi

10-15-2012

Is there any plans for a rework of masteries for season 3 like we saw with season 2? I know it's a lot of work and not something you'd probably want to change to often, but I did like how it changed things. On that note, maybe instead of creating new maps, maybe it would be possible to create masteries or runes specific for different game modes like ARAM (if a que implementation of this is made), dominion, and TT, like how new items were implemented specifically for Dominion.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

10-15-2012
24 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LustxFinale View Post
I've really enjoyed seeing some of the UI improvements, especially when seeing your actual hp and mana regen inside their respective bars.

The one thing I would really like to see added would be a cooldown reduction display. Between masteries, runes (especially cdr/level ones), buffs, elixirs, items etc. it can be rather difficult to remember where you stand in relation to the cap.

I just think it would be useful to be able to check your cooldown reduction at a glance.
Cooldown reduction percentage is currently displayed on the character pane, which can be accessed by pressing the 'C' key. We currently don't, however, indicate what the cap is, so I'll pass that suggestion along to the UI team. Thanks!

Pryotra

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I have done that one time, but I don't think it was that. I'll have to ask to see what it was :P It was only once though!
Fairly certain that was either Eve or twitch, and at least then you were honest.

P.S. Heimer says you can take your "love" back already. He didn't want it in the first place.

Litose

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
It's just not a high priority.
everthing posted here is not a "high priotiry" thing....

can you tell us whats ur priority? (or at least give us a hint?)