Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamelessFish

10-15-2012

Thanky ^w^ I'll try and weave more auto attacks into my play ^w^ Any suggestions on the champion question? I was lookin at Nunu....she seems so funny to use, and i can turn people into cute animals!
Yes im easy to please i know
Like i said, i prefer supporting/heavy pushing. I like to be the person who, instead of doing all the damage, messes with the enemy team the most through various funny things. I like doing damage mind you, just I want it, if i have it, to be in some kinda zone control/status effect kinda thing. And i just love pushing. Very much :3

GentleChop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-15-2012

Hey, I recently started ranked and I always either play Blitz bot or Riven top. Usually when I go blitz I'll do a good job of gaining lane presence and making them nervous to let my ad farm, but sometimes (one game in particular where by the end of the laning phase I was 1-0-8) even though I do well we eventually start losing team fights and lose. I know that a lot of different factors go into it, but I think it has something to do with my pulls and who I prioritize. Any tips?

tldr; how do you know who to pull and WHEN to pull someone as late game blitz? do you always go for the carries or do you hook someone the moment they slip up even if it's leona or someone?

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Bump with new elo update, 2144.

til Days of Blue

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambchopAlpha View Post
Hey, I recently started ranked and I always either play Blitz bot or Riven top. Usually when I go blitz I'll do a good job of gaining lane presence and making them nervous to let my ad farm, but sometimes (one game in particular where by the end of the laning phase I was 1-0-8) even though I do well we eventually start losing team fights and lose. I know that a lot of different factors go into it, but I think it has something to do with my pulls and who I prioritize. Any tips?

tldr; how do you know who to pull and WHEN to pull someone as late game blitz? do you always go for the carries or do you hook someone the moment they slip up even if it's leona or someone?
For blitzcrank you need to go aggressive on grabbing, pref to tell the whole team to group and force a siege. Grabs over walls are generally the best, or you can attempt to grab the other team's squishy (carries and support, jungler if he is squishy as well)

Be sure you don't grab a person that has strong crowd control, such as Malphite, Amumu, or Alistar. You should be good to go.

Mungril

10-19-2012

Hey !

Juts curious about where would Vlad and Kennen be ranked in the mix of solo top champions. Just checking because i'm looking to buy Vladimir but if he isn't as good as I think then I may buy Kennen.

blastatack

10-19-2012

Hi there can I have a good guide for moakia jungle and top eventually using the guide for ranked

til Days of Blue

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungril View Post
Hey !

Juts curious about where would Vlad and Kennen be ranked in the mix of solo top champions. Just checking because i'm looking to buy Vladimir but if he isn't as good as I think then I may buy Kennen.
They both are really strong. Vlad is stronger in term of damage and sustain in lane, while Kennen is stronger in term of CC and team fight. Personally I will prefer Kennen as he has a movement speed buff that allows him to roam and assist other lanes much faster.

til Days of Blue

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastatack View Post
Hi there can I have a good guide for moakia jungle and top eventually using the guide for ranked
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=1178...ai-build-guide

This is probably the best one, might be a little outdated but should still be good

don't put Maokai at top lane though, he will run out of mana and bruiser will **** on him.

LarcyBrown

10-19-2012

Hey quick question there is more to the sunfire cape magic damage numbers then just 40 per second right.
I mean if you have if an ad carry which has 68 MR.and the tank has no magic pen. pretty sure ad carry still gonna eat some damage per second...but how exactly does that work?
oh and ad carry with 68 mr since with mr per lvl blues and aegis effect from an ally.

til Days of Blue

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larc58 View Post
Hey quick question there is more to the sunfire cape magic damage numbers then just 40 per second right.
I mean if you have if an ad carry which has 68 MR.and the tank has no magic pen. pretty sure ad carry still gonna eat some damage per second...but how exactly does that work?
oh and ad carry with 68 mr since with mr per lvl blues and aegis effect from an ally.
It is just the normal calculation. 68 MR means 40.5% reduction

the equation is Damagereduction = Resistance / (100 + |Resistance|)

aka, the damage from sunfire will only be 40 x (1 - 40.5%), which is 23.8