Lead "Content" Designer?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fuzzzz

10-15-2012

Champions like Warwick and Sion completely disappeared from competitive play after receiving nerfs. Do you have and plans / ideas on how to prevent such dramatic drops in popularity?

tata4now

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yes, we agree wholeheartedly with this problem. Jungle changes will happen.
Thank you. Can't wait for these. I really miss S1 jungle

XuWarrior

10-15-2012

Since Morello said Riot is workin on new items that maby finally : renekton will better etc. (with new items)

I have mega question about Hybrid Items. Do you have any plans ? or we can't forget about new hybrid items in S3 ?

It would fulfill my dream that maby akali , kyle will be more viable with these items :3

*And what bout H.Gun (he gonna get lil more boost) or you consider him as "ok item"

Skoron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzzz View Post
Champions like Warwick and Sion completely disappeared from competitive play after receiving nerfs. Do you have and plans / ideas on how to prevent such dramatic drops in popularity?
To add on to this question: One of my favorite champions is WW, but he's a kinda sub-par jungler right now. Can we expect to see him receive any buffs or possibly a tweak to his E any time soon?

Or can we expect more items that will increase his number of viable builds? In particular, attack speed/on-hit based builds seem subpar compared to AD/crit builds (when's the last time you saw a Madred's used in competitive play?). Will we be seeing more items to help support on-hit builds?

Morello

Lead Designer

10-15-2012
22 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoron View Post
To add on to this question: One of my favorite champions is WW, but he's a kinda sub-par jungler right now. Can we expect to see him receive any buffs or possibly a tweak to his E any time soon?
Jungle changes will have a big impact on single-target junglers especially.

ezbakeoven

10-15-2012

Halloween Skins this year?
Are they happening?

Skoron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Jungle changes will have a big impact on single-target junglers especially.
Awesome, I can't wait for these to roll out then.

ElderLucian

10-15-2012

It has been awhile since i have seen anything concerning the Heimer rework that i remember so I am curious as to what/why he needs one. Not really looking for specifics just a general idea of it all until it is closer for the rework to actually come out.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-15-2012
23 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezbakeoven View Post
Halloween Skins this year?
Are they happening?
HARROWING skins are happening, yes!

Jeffls

10-15-2012

Morello, have met you a few times at PAX events and such, you're a stand up guy really.. but one thing always bugs me about one of your answers for a common question... I was hoping I could get some clarification.

People always come at you and say that pumping out too many champs hinders the work of the game, and your common retort is that you have separate teams so there is no relation between content and other work getting done.

But I just can't seem to escape this obvious observation... everytime you put out new champs you put MORE on the plate of the "live team" and MORE on the plate of the individuals who have to tackle the "reworks". So, in essence, it seems that pumping out more content DOES affect the other teams.

Even in this very thread you've made responses like, "Oh, we'd like to get to this, but priorities." That's what happens right? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you though, when you say new content doesn't hurt other tasks, but it just seems that they do.

Anyways, keep up the awesome work! League of my favorite game by far, and has been for awhile.