Lead "Content" Designer?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyrrion

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Some priorities have changed, as is normal, but right now our rework focus is Karma and Heimerdinger. Might revisit Kayle at another point.

And none of these will make progress till after Season 3 changes go out./
Any date on Season 3 changes? Getting really antsy here bro.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-15-2012
18 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuzeus View Post
Oh, one of the rare instances I actually get to see Morello posting live (I'm from Europe). Maybe you can answer some (or all?) of the questions that keep bugging me since months...

- Will Season 3 see a rework of the income model and an end of the zero cs gold per five nonsense?
No, zero CS is even bigger than this effort from a risk/dificulty standpoint. Supports will still play zero CS (unless you guys find strats that feed supports!)

We are adding a lot of support-oriented items with this in mind, though, and alternate ways to get gold (cool new mastery for supports inc...). I actually don't mind zero CS - I mind that support don't get gold that they can use to buy cool items. That is what we'll fix here.

Zero CS is needed to keep support viable (it's actually always been the optimal way to play, players just didn't have that down pre S2), but they get to do a lot of other interesting things in lane like harass, peel or set up kills. Making the lane fight for CS is inferior to that.

Quote:
- Will the aura items be reworked?
Some, probably. I agree here, though we'll likely keep Aura items for a similar reason - they at least feel god on support and tanks, especially if you don't like actives.

Quote:
- Will CV come back?
We want it to - we're doing some summoner spell changes for S3 as well.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-15-2012
19 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrrion View Post
Any date on Season 3 changes? Getting really antsy here bro.
Nope, gonna have to be patient

tata4now

10-15-2012

Is there any plans to change the jungle? I have some data showing gold and exp income based on how hard the camps to fight and how long it takes, and I believe that if camps took a little longer to respawn (20-30 seconds) and gold, damage, and minion health were adjusted accordingly to keep it similar counter-jungling would be more powerful. (Longer spawn times = longer to wait if you leave 1 minion).

Also if the camps were doing a little more damage it would make the jungle a little less "safe" so we could see more S1 Lee Sin or Shako style jungling where they just farm the other jungler. Any thoughts?

CorporateCommand

10-15-2012

Any word on Oranges?

Bear Furlong

10-15-2012

Will you address some of the older champions who have fallen out of favor due to movement creep? Will you bring them up to par? Thank you in advance

Morello

Lead Designer

10-15-2012
20 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leorite View Post
Riot, are you guys gonna keep going for straight up 6300 ip champs, or gonna lower it down to 4800 or 3150 minimum. And any of the 4800's miiiiiiiiiiiiiiight get a new skin?
Well, price/skin distribution is unrelated, so sure! We do have some champs that are long-overdue skins, but some of them need art overhauls with them (ie Soraka, who will get a new skin when we go make it better!)

Price-wise, our Director of eCommerce has been on here talking more about that - outside my expertise.

Kydd

10-15-2012

Also, Morello you should revive your old tumblr page.
http://askmorello.tumblr.com/

Synthesse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No, zero CS is even bigger than this effort from a risk/dificulty standpoint. Supports will still play zero CS (unless you guys find strats that feed supports!)

We are adding a lot of support-oriented items with this in mind, though, and alternate ways to get gold (cool new mastery for supports inc...). I actually don't mind zero CS - I mind that support don't get gold that they can use to buy cool items. That is what we'll fix here.

Zero CS is needed to keep support viable (it's actually always been the optimal way to play, players just didn't have that down pre S2), but they get to do a lot of other interesting things in lane like harass, peel or set up kills. Making the lane fight for CS is inferior to that.

Some, probably. I agree here, though we'll likely keep Aura items for a similar reason - they at least feel god on support and tanks, especially if you don't like actives.

We want it to - we're doing some summoner spell changes for S3 as well.

Synergy mastery!?! Morello please, I'd be so excited if that's what you're referring to. MY LEONA CAN FINALLY BE AN ACTUAL TANK!

Morello

Lead Designer

10-15-2012
21 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tata4now View Post
Is there any plans to change the jungle? I have some data showing gold and exp income based on how hard the camps to fight and how long it takes, and I believe that if camps took a little longer to respawn (20-30 seconds) and gold, damage, and minion health were adjusted accordingly to keep it similar counter-jungling would be more powerful. (Longer spawn times = more waiting).

Also if the camps were doing a little more damage it would make the jungle a little less "safe" so we could see more S1 Lee Sin or Shako style jungling where they just farm the other jungler. Any thoughts?
Yes, we agree wholeheartedly with this problem. Jungle changes will happen.