My Diana Build!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kikwii

10-14-2012

Hiya!

So I've decided that I am going to main Diana, and after countless hours of research (videos, guides, threads) and build testing I have made a build I am relatively happy with.

First I will explain how I like to play her. I tend to play champs who require a bit of kiting (My other favs are Singed and Orianna) and I don't really like team fights as much.

I prefer to be a heavy pusher and a mid to late team fighter (I don't like to focus but to sweep).

I think the only problems while playing Diana is that I am a turret hugger at the beginning of the game (which really isn't a problem and I really don't mind doing it).

IN THE BEGINNING

>I either start off with boots + 1 health pot/ mana pot
or
>Doran's Ring

>Then I build up to Mercury's Treads

>Then because I like gold and ability power I build up to Kage's Lucky Pick

MID GAME!

>Haunting Guise

>Nashor's Tooth

>Lich Bane

LATE GAME!

>Sell Doran's Ring for Rabadon's Deathcap

>Sell Kage's Lucky Pick for Frozen Heart

WOW IS THE GAME STILL GOING?

>Sell Haunting Guise for Rylai's Crystal Scepter

I am only a noob (level 16) but I really grown to like this build but I really want some feedback on what items could be replaced and whatnot (I have changed her build 937984759 times so I am open for ideas).

Thank you!

TehJackAttack

10-14-2012

Nashor's Tooth. Get rid of it!

Replace with Wits End if you really like the attack speed. I suggest this build as an alternative--

boots+3 hp, kage's, merc treads, sheen in early game.

Mid game move to build Deathcap, then turn sheen into Lich Bane.

End game turn your kage's into a DFG, and situational from there. GA, Abyssal Sceptre, Banshee's are all solid picks. Diana plays very well with a little bit of tankiness, I've had people suggest an early catalyst into an RoA mid game (although I'm not a big fan of RoA)

MrDelum

10-14-2012

It depends on what you are playing Diana for. I jungle with her and thoroughly like it.

Start of game
Boots of Speed
+3 Health Potions

First Back Buy
Kage's Lucky Pick

Second Back Buy
Hextech Revolver

Mid-Game Build
Sorcerer's Shoes
Kage's Lucky Pick
Sheen
Hextech Revolver
Catalyst the Protector

Late Game
Sorcerer's Shoes
Rod of Ages
Lichbane
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Hextech Gunblade
Morello's Evil Tome/Deathfire Grasp

This has proven to give me a fairly successful jungle build for me. As for laneing, i have not played Diana for a lane champion.

Kikwii

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delum View Post
It depends on what you are playing Diana for. I jungle with her and thoroughly like it.

Start of game
Boots of Speed
+3 Health Potions

First Back Buy
Kage's Lucky Pick

Second Back Buy
Hextech Revolver

Mid-Game Build
Sorcerer's Shoes
Kage's Lucky Pick
Sheen
Hextech Revolver
Catalyst the Protector

Late Game
Sorcerer's Shoes
Rod of Ages
Lichbane
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Hextech Gunblade
Morello's Evil Tome/Deathfire Grasp

This has proven to give me a fairly successful jungle build for me. As for laneing, i have not played Diana for a lane champion.

I actually really like jungling with her and I was thinking about running her as one (its so easy too sighs). I don't play pvp (too scared). So I just jungle/lane with her in bots.

I'll make sure to try this out though and see how I like it! Thank you for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJackAttack View Post
Nashor's Tooth. Get rid of it!

Replace with Wits End if you really like the attack speed. I suggest this build as an alternative--

boots+3 hp, kage's, merc treads, sheen in early game.

Mid game move to build Deathcap, then turn sheen into Lich Bane.

End game turn your kage's into a DFG, and situational from there. GA, Abyssal Sceptre, Banshee's are all solid picks. Diana plays very well with a little bit of tankiness, I've had people suggest an early catalyst into an RoA mid game (although I'm not a big fan of RoA)
Well my logic behind Nashor's tooth is the balance between the ability power it gives and the attack speed boost (which I highly appreciate and utilize with her). I haven't tried Wit's End yet. Gotta get that a go and see how I like it.

I do like her to be tanky (frozen heart). My sixth item is always a toss up between Rylai's or Banshee's, sometime's Abyssal.

Thank you for your imput! (sounds like a fun build I'll try it! thank you!)

Sundavagarm

10-14-2012

I usually have a different build every game so I will only write down the final item instead of each individual item over the course of the entire game.

Items: (In no particular order)

Tier 2 Boots: Mercury Treads, Sorcerer's Boots, Ninja Tabi
Death Fire Grasp
Randuin's Omen
Frozen Heart
Rabadon's Deathcap
Zhonya's Hourglass
Nashor's Tooth
Wit's End
Abyssal's Scepter
Void Staff
Lich Bane
Rylais Crystal Scepter
Rod of Ages
Banshees Veil
Athene's Unholy Grail

Lethadind

10-15-2012

Builds don't really matter in bots. I'd suggest branching out to PvP...you are, after all, level 16.

In PvP you'd get trashed with this build. None of it has any synergy.

I've played 100+ games with her with ~65-70% win rate (usually jungle) and this is how I build her:

End Game Full Build:
Merc Treads - You are up in the middle of the fight, you will be attacked, and likely cc'd, you need both the MR and the Tenacity that these boots provide
RoA - For Jungling it simply provides too much power and sustain
Rylai's - Added sustain for mid-late game teamfights, slow for chasing, AP
Deathcap - Obvious
Abyssal Scepter - Again, more MR, nice passive anti-aura, and AP
Zhonya's - Armor, AP, plus the active is nice if you end up getting focused a lot.

Situationally I'll build a Lich Bane but I find it doesn't really maximize her damage very much. She does a lot of AoE damage and so her potential in that area, I feel, should be maximized. It's the same with Kage's Pick to DFG, nice for single-target annihilation, but you have an AP Mid for that, let them do it, you're there to soak up damage, dish out damage, and chase down runners, not to focus damage to a single target.

Nashor's Tooth seems like it would be attractive but it actually doesn't do that much at all. It's situationally viable, again, for the pushing power it gives her against towers, but that's really all it does. There are better AP items, and CDR is nice but she needs survivability more than she needs damage. Her kit allows her to dish out a ton of damage without items anyway, so maximizing the amount of time she's in the fight actually does more than maximizing the amount of DPS she does.

I don't see why people bash the hell out of Rod of Ages either. It used to be used all the time and it seems now people seem to hate it. No stat is wasted on her at all. She needs health, she needs the early mana (and even late game she can be prone to running out of mana due to how effective she is at poking), and it gives a ton of AP - more than anything else in the build except Zhonya's and obviously Deathcap.

However, for laning I would honestly swap the RoA for an Athene's, especially in mid - more AP, solves mana issues, and MR for laning.

JustPlainT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

octavian1127

10-15-2012

I build as a straight up tanky mage. If it ever gets to endgame (shouldnt if you're doing well with her) then i have: Merc Treads, RotA, Abyssal Scepter, Deathcap, Zhonyas, Rylais.

Kikwii

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundavagarm View Post
I usually have a different build every game so I will only write down the final item instead of each individual item over the course of the entire game.

Items: (In no particular order)

Tier 2 Boots: Mercury Treads, Sorcerer's Boots, Ninja Tabi
Death Fire Grasp
Randuin's Omen
Frozen Heart
Rabadon's Deathcap
Zhonya's Hourglass
Nashor's Tooth
Wit's End
Abyssal's Scepter
Void Staff
Lich Bane
Rylais Crystal Scepter
Rod of Ages
Banshees Veil
Athene's Unholy Grail

Yeahhh, I tend to bounce around builds depending on the team I am going up against. Thank you for these items though! I really need to try Wit's End. *strokes chin*

Kikwii

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by octavian1127 View Post
I build as a straight up tanky mage. If it ever gets to endgame (shouldnt if you're doing well with her) then i have: Merc Treads, RotA, Abyssal Scepter, Deathcap, Zhonyas, Rylais.

I do play her a bit on tanky side.

I like to kite, then go in for a quick "hey let me do a whole bunch of damage without dying then run away as soon as I can" ahah.

I try to stack on as much damage with her q before I do anything.