Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eleshakai

10-14-2012

@lyte

Would it be possible for us to get an option to hide our crests?

While I like the possibility of having it, I've had numerous occurences of people trolling me because I have it and would love to have the option to not display it if I choose to.

I don't really enjoy being singled out for being 'nice' as it generates the impression that I'm only being nice to get recognition.

Thank you.

Tobasco da Gama

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You lost your Honor due to a Tribunal ban. Do you want to discuss your Reform Card? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5747370/
Happens every time. I wonder why anybody even tries.

itsWind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

@Lyte, ever since i got the honorable band, no one seems to be giving me the honorable opponent honor.
can i lose the band.

Also, are there any other bans for other honor bands out yet?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-14-2012
53 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleshakai View Post
@lyte

Would it be possible for us to get an option to hide our crests?

While I like the possibility of having it, I've had numerous occurences of people trolling me because I have it and would love to have the option to not display it if I choose to.

I don't really enjoy being singled out for being 'nice' as it generates the impression that I'm only being nice to get recognition.

Thank you.
We'll keep an eye on this but there's no plans to hide Crests for now. If players are trolling you on purpose, then report them and mute them and keep playing. We need our Honorable players to also identify toxic players to help us too.

KingDrew

10-14-2012

I got a big message saying that I have been recognized for being an honorable opponent, but have yet to receive the crest. What's up?

YurdleTheTurtle

10-14-2012

Yo Professor Doctor Lyte!

Sorry if this has been answered before (Do not have time to go through all the Riot posts from this as well as other threads), but how do you feel about the rate at which Honor is being given out, both with friends and strangers?

I noticed that strangers rarely give out honor. I also noticed that when they do, it is in a pattern similar to reporting people. That is, people are more likely to honor when they win the game and tend to give it to teammates. Reporting is similar in that people are more likely to report when they lose and again it tends to be against their teammates.

I haven't changed my behaviour much after honor was implemented because I've always been "nice" (no insulting, generally positive, helpful when I need to be, etc.), so I'm somewhat certain it's not my behaviour that causes the lack of honor. I suppose I could go the extra cheesy route and say "gj" at everything, but that seems unnecessary.

Eleshakai

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We'll keep an eye on this but there's no plans to hide Crests for now. If players are trolling you on purpose, then report them and mute them and keep playing. We need our Honorable players to also identify toxic players to help us too.
Thank you for the reply, and of course I report them, but that doesn't solve the problem of them ruining those games for me, and others who experience 'LoL teacher's pet syndrome'.

Lyte

10-14-2012
54 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleshakai View Post
Thank you for the reply, and of course I report them, but that doesn't solve the problem of them ruining those games for me, and others who experience 'LoL teacher's pet syndrome'.
We expected some amount of extra trolling (and this may change), but so far we aren't seeing too much trolling targeted at Crest holders. You might be just unlucky

Lyte

10-14-2012
55 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YurdleTheTurtle View Post
Yo Professor Doctor Lyte!

Sorry if this has been answered before (Do not have time to go through all the Riot posts from this as well as other threads), but how do you feel about the rate at which Honor is being given out, both with friends and strangers?

I noticed that strangers rarely give out honor. I also noticed that when they do, it is in a pattern similar to reporting people. That is, people are more likely to honor when they win the game and tend to give it to teammates. Reporting is similar in that people are more likely to report when they lose and again it tends to be against their teammates.

I haven't changed my behaviour much before honor was implemented because I've always been "nice" (no insulting, generally positive, helpful when I need to be, etc.), so I'm somewhat certain it's not my behaviour that causes the lack of honor. I suppose I could go the extra cheesy route and say "gj" at everything, but that seems unnecessary.
Right now, about 70% of all Honor exchanges is given by strangers to strangers. It's hard to conclude whether this is a healthy rate, but it's something we keep close eyes on.

ynthrepic

10-14-2012

Do you have any plans for matchmaking to group players with similar honor ratings together? I can't think of a better reward for being honorable than to be matched with others of honor.

Of course ELO would take priority over honor though.