Demacia or Noxus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
So your claim is that the reporter who said it in the JoJ isn't credible.

Ok.

Prove it.

You put forward the argument that demacia should be given the benefit of the doubt. But not the reporter who criticized demacia. He shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt. Funny how that works. Can you prove that he isn't credible?

And no, you're not keeping on-topic. This topic is "Demacia isn't draconian" - my original topic, which you are supposed to be on, was "exceptions happen in draconian societies" - your reply was a topic change, "demacia isn't draconian" - these are not the same topic.

You are then asking me to prove that demacia was demonstrating draconian behavior and want a specific cited example for a part of their legal system, and in the absence of one, everything else is covered by the benefit of the doubt - but you don't want that same benefit extended anywhere else, nor was it my original point or topic. So yes, you are off topic.
You realize I said that, though the reporter's testimony is questionable, that we can assume that he is correct, and from that, I made my point: you have no specific examples of horrible punishments inflicted upon Demacian hooligans for what should be minor issues. This isn't about some "benefit of the doubt" that you claim I said, probably from some thread a year ago that you refuse to just let go. And no, that isn't an invitation to run off and quote it. This thread isn't about that, stop dragging us off on tangents. This thread is not about draconian anything, this is about where we'd like to live. We are discussing Demacia's legal system, yes, but you are just CLINGING to that term "draconian" so that you can continue to use the definition of "special treatment for a few."

It's your crutch.

Sivir got a joke of a sentence, and a reporter claims she got preferential treatment. Did the reporter say what the real sentence should/would have been in normal Demacia? Nope. Have you any evidence at all on this topic? Nope. You keep trying to call me a hypocrite by giving Demacia "the benefit of the doubt" and not Noxus (though this has NOT occurred in this thread, lol tangents), but frankly, you are no better. You keep claiming Demacia's corruption, in the face of no actual evidence whatsoever. You can say that "well then, you have to admit that perhaps Darius cries every night for the innocent lives lost in Ionia, because we have no proof to the contrary, either!", and you know what? That's fair. But that's not what this is about. Stop trying to drag this off on wild tangents and just admit that you're assuming things about Demacia's justice system when you have absolutely no actual evidence to support your zealous beliefs.

ThorRush

10-13-2012

belthazor, Tsaalyo, are you trying to convince someone about something on the internet? You can not persuade someone that you are correct unless you do it on their terms. Even if your logic is undeniable in your mind, in their mind they will just not believe you.

obligatory Lux is a unique but definitive exception for Demacia, Talon, Draven and Darius are orphan murderers.

belthazor3457

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
You realize I said that, though the reporter's testimony is questionable, that we can assume that he is correct, and from that, I made my point: you have no specific examples of horrible punishments inflicted upon Demacian hooligans for what should be minor issues. This isn't about some "benefit of the doubt" that you claim I said, probably from some thread a year ago that you refuse to just let go. And no, that isn't an invitation to run off and quote it. This thread isn't about that, stop dragging us off on tangents. This thread is not about draconian anything, this is about where we'd like to live. We are discussing Demacia's legal system, yes, but you are just CLINGING to that term "draconian" so that you can continue to use the definition of "special treatment for a few."

It's your crutch.

Sivir got a joke of a sentence, and a reporter claims she got preferential treatment. Did the reporter say what the real sentence should/would have been in normal Demacia? Nope. Have you any evidence at all on this topic? Nope. You keep trying to call me a hypocrite by giving Demacia "the benefit of the doubt" and not Noxus (though this has NOT occurred in this thread, lol tangents), but frankly, you are no better. You keep claiming Demacia's corruption, in the face of no actual evidence whatsoever. You can say that "well then, you have to admit that perhaps Darius cries every night for the innocent lives lost in Ionia, because we have no proof to the contrary, either!", and you know what? That's fair. But that's not what this is about. Stop trying to drag this off on wild tangents and just admit that you're assuming things about Demacia's justice system when you have absolutely no actual evidence to support your zealous beliefs.
A) You're assuming that the reporter was correct and that discriminatory law was practiced, which openly tells you that preferential treatment was given, but that's not enough evidence to confirm or reliably hint that preferential treatment is ever given. Fallicious.

B) Except I didn't claim demacian corruption. I claimed that a certain case wasn't valid for anti-draconian evidence, which you had brought up. I didn't make assumptions about the Demacian justice system - you made the assumption that I was representing anti-Demacian evidence because I pointed out that something wasn't valid - and ignored me when I clarified that.

And now you attempt to say that I should be forced to represent the anti-demacian point because I pointed something out to you? Please.

You want to lace your posts with little insults, and assertions that my evidence and points are meaningless, but you also want to have special privlidges that none of those assertions be replied to - because you are special and should be allowed to say stuff like that and expect no reply, because what you say is on-topic, and someone presenting a counterpoint to your words is magically irrelivant.

You want to reference older posts, then say I'm going off topic when I reference an older post to counter that point.

You want to reference older posts, then magically say that the older posts arn't valid when I bring them up.

And then there's this:

Quote:
this time, it's not happening.
You seem to be quite energetic about this whole discussion, and I debated replying when I saw it. The idea that, if you win in this thread, you'll have "finally beaten me" and "finally won" - tell me, what prize will you win, even if that was the case?

And, "this time"? You want to imply that all those other threads, the reason you didn't "win" is because I somehow cheated?

Moreover, you want to insult me and make assertions about me? And say that it's off topic if they are replied to? I wonder if other people in the threads I linked agreed with what you said about those posts. If you want to "call me out" then you may as well post some links - and you should expect such links to be posted if you call someone out without them.

You accuse me in such a manner, and get upset when I post links to source material. If your argument had basis, shouldn't you be the one with the links? Shouldn't I be the one afraid of source material?

But ya know what, perhaps ThorRush is right, I'll be taking my leave. I'm out of reasons to stay, as I've already refuted your insults. I have posted two thread links, if anyone wanted to see if you were telling the truth, the information is all right there, and people could make up their own minds from viewing it. That's all I wanted at this point, a source link so people could decide for themselves if what you were saying about me had merit. Since I posted it myself, I have no reason to remain here.

You may "Get the final word in" if you wish, but I will not see it if you do decide to reply to this.

Dasvidaniya. *waves*

rocketdrive

10-13-2012

Noxus.

It's for science...and CAKE!!!

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
A) You're assuming that the reporter was correct and that discriminatory law was practiced, which openly tells you that preferential treatment was given, but that's not enough evidence to confirm or reliably hint that preferential treatment is ever given. Fallicious.

B) Except I didn't claim demacian corruption. I claimed that a certain case wasn't valid for anti-draconian evidence, which you had brought up. I didn't make assumptions about the Demacian justice system - you made the assumption that I was representing anti-Demacian evidence because I pointed out that something wasn't valid - and ignored me when I clarified that.

And now you attempt to say that I should be forced to represent the anti-demacian point because I pointed something out to you? Please.

You want to lace your posts with little insults, and assertions that my evidence and points are meaningless, but you also want to have special privlidges that none of those assertions be replied to - because you are special and should be allowed to say stuff like that and expect no reply, because what you say is on-topic, and someone presenting a counterpoint to your words is magically irrelivant.

You want to reference older posts, then say I'm going off topic when I reference an older post to counter that point.

You want to reference older posts, then magically say that the older posts arn't valid when I bring them up.

And then there's this:

You seem to be quite energetic about this whole discussion, and I debated replying when I saw it. The idea that, if you win in this thread, you'll have "finally beaten me" and "finally won" - tell me, what prize will you win, even if that was the case?

And, "this time"? You want to imply that all those other threads, the reason you didn't "win" is because I somehow cheated?

Moreover, you want to insult me and make assertions about me? And say that it's off topic if they are replied to? I wonder if other people in the threads I linked agreed with what you said about those posts. If you want to "call me out" then you may as well post some links - and you should expect such links to be posted if you call someone out without them.

You accuse me in such a manner, and get upset when I post links to source material. If your argument had basis, shouldn't you be the one with the links? Shouldn't I be the one afraid of source material?

But ya know what, perhaps ThorRush is right, I'll be taking my leave. I'm out of reasons to stay, as I've already refuted your insults. I have posted two thread links, if anyone wanted to see if you were telling the truth, the information is all right there, and people could make up their own minds from viewing it. That's all I wanted at this point, a source link so people could decide for themselves if what you were saying about me had merit. Since I posted it myself, I have no reason to remain here.

You may "Get the final word in" if you wish, but I will not see it if you do decide to reply to this.

Dasvidaniya. *waves*
Rapidly changing your stance on everything you've ever argued, even what you've argued in this very thread, and then leaving the thread. It's amazing what happens when you're no longer allowed to use what happened in Vietnam as evidence for what Demacia would do in whatever situation. <3

Cas7er

10-14-2012

Of the two super powers I'm drawn to Demacia because I believe in the type of righteous philosophy they adhere to. However, people who choose Demacia are surrendering personal freedom, for personal safety. I never agree with that.

The truly free exist in Noxus, and a strong enough leader could turn Noxus into whatever utopia they desired. Is it brutal, yes. But I choose brutal and short-lived freedom over the coddling of the government, telling me how things are going to be.

B1gCountry91

10-14-2012

I'd have to say Demacia... Only because its oh so satisfying screaming it over vent when I chase people with Garen or J4

WeMajor87

10-15-2012

Noxus - All my favorite champs are there

Imperious

10-16-2012

Noxus

Alaric Skywalker

10-18-2012

Democia!

Let's just say,..., Noxus is a bit on the evil side for me. As such, my main line up would definitely be the characters from Democia, though I will have others as well, especially those who are allies and friends of Democia. For instance, some champions from Piltover will be in my lineup (when I get the IP for them), such as Jayce. I don't know if what Bilgewater's relationship is with Democia, but Fizz is definitely one of my best players. I'm not sure about the tie between Democia and the Void, but I will use the three voidlings (Kog'Maw, Cho'gath, and Kha'zix).

Should I list out the champions I'd use and why, or is there another thread that's for that so I don't drone on with my support? If there's a thread for which champions we'll use, please link it to me for some threads that are hard to find for some,..., even if others find it easily.