Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Reaper

10-13-2012

I have a question Lyte

If I very very veryyyy slowely get 100 Honor in Teamwork for example, is it still possible I don't get the banner?

How does this work?
Doesn't it screw people over who hit 100 Honor and get no Banner?

iG Gratify

10-13-2012

when do you recieve the champion select badge?

Chamenas

10-13-2012

Question:
If you receive honor, do you have more honor to give out? I tend to be bit more reserved with my honor because I don't want to give it to those who don't truly deserve it. But, at the same time, I don't know if the honor I have to "spend" caps or if it increases as I get more honor myself (in theory making my opinion of others honor a bit more valuable). I realize that it might seem like I'm asking because I want to figure out ways to use it more, but that's not the case. I just hope that when I do give honor it is of an appropriate impact.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-13-2012
50 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflMyPancakes View Post
99.9% of the games I play are premade. If 99% of my honor doesn't come from those games, then something is wrong.

edit: Or my friends are jerks.
Even if 99.9% of your games are premade, you're playing with 4 friends and 5 strangers. Given the sources of possible Honor being a 4:5 ratio, your Honor shouldn't be 99.9% from your friends.

Orisai

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Even if 99.9% of your games are premade, you're playing with 4 friends and 5 strangers. Given the sources of possible Honor being a 4:5 ratio, your Honor shouldn't be 99.9% from your friends.
The problem with that is, that strangers on OPPOSITE team especially are super stingy. I rarely get honorable opponent and I don't really slip up either.

I'm at like 3x-x-4x-1x

Honorable opponent seems harder to get than helpful. Because helpful you cannot always be, but honorable I always am and yea it rarely comes around.

Balreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orisai View Post
The problem with that is, that strangers on OPPOSITE team especially are super stingy. I rarely get honorable opponent and I don't really slip up either.

I'm at like 3x-x-4x-1x

Honorable opponent seems harder to get than helpful. Because helpful you cannot always be, but honorable I always am and yea it rarely comes around.
Nah, it does not work that way. Helpful is teaching someone about LOL, which rarely happens. Maybe 1 in 20 games does someone teach me something new (if that).

CupcakeTrap

10-13-2012

Quote:

I'm at like 3x-x-4x-1x

On the other hand -- if the ultimate goal of Honor is to make people nicer to each other, isn't it sort of okay that with premade players it's just looking at how often the other team likes you?

I'm not saying premade players are jerks; far from it, they're probably nicer to each other than most randoms are to each other.

Rather:

(1) I don't think the community gains much by incentivizing premades to be nicer to each other (the main source of toxicity is presumably anonymous one-time randoms)
(2) Honor seems to be based on double-blind anonymity to prevent trading. If you know each other RL, this anonymity is lost.
(3) Honor currently incentivizes premade players to every now and then play non-premade games and be nice to the others.

As for Honorable Opponent, I find that opponents have a more enjoyable game and are more likely to honor me if:
  • I all-chat "wp" or a joke or something when I think they've pulled off a neat stunt (also keeps my temper down: rather than thinking OMG WTF THEY GOT ME, I pause to appreciate that from their perspective it was a strong play)
  • When I notice enemy players trying to chat up my team, I respond with a little niceness, or a short joke (Veigar), or something like that. Lightens up the mood.
  • In post-game, I ask for feedback on what I did wrong / compliment an enemy who played very well and made it tough for us.
  • When the enemy starts all-chat raging about e.g. "omg report our noob lee sin" "lee feeder uninstall", I tell them to stop being jerks to their teammate.
  • If I win lane, but I think it was a tough lane to win, I make a point to mention that post-game: "gg wp; ryze, you really kept me on my toes" or whatever. I think sometimes they're facing rage from their team. I know I appreciate it when the enemy team acknowledges that it was a well-fought lane and that they won because they played well, not because I'm an idiot.

Balreck

10-13-2012

Any statistics on which roles get honored more? Do people give their supports the love they deserve?

Orisai

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balreck View Post
Nah, it does not work that way. Helpful is teaching someone about LOL, which rarely happens. Maybe 1 in 20 games does someone teach me something new (if that).
Thats exactly what I'm saying. Helpful should be way harder to attain. Yet it seems like honorable opponent is the hardest. Because you're being honorable EVERY game. While helpful? Thats difficult, you're only helpful very rarely.

Chamenas

10-13-2012

Quote:

I'm at like 3x-x-4x-1x

This is WHY friends' honor counts for less.

Your friends enjoy playing with you, they think you're a cool dude. They're going to give you honor when they play with you because it's sort of expected. A random stranger has zero incentive to give you honor. They don't know you. They may never play with you again. So it's more meaningful when they take the time to say "this guy is a good dude".