Dr. Lyte: I present my cover letter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChanceDriven

10-13-2012

Dr. Lyte,

Since your initial thread "After Hours with Matchmaking and Lyte," I've been following your changes you've been making to League of Legends and the community. To make this really simple: I want in!

I am about to complete a degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering with a Math minor from Texas A&M University. I've taken two psychology and two sociology classes on the side and have loved them (but continued in engineering). I know I may not look completely qualified for a position on team PB&J but let me make a case for it.

Industrial engineering at my university requires two statistical courses (something I know you use a lot of). On top of that, I've taken senior level probability, statistical quality control, and introduction to stochastic modeling with probability. I was really inspired by my professor I had for my second statistics course and have really wanted to be able to use this in my career.

Also, while only two courses in psychology might make me un-uniquely qualified to pick at my navel, I feel like I've gotten a decent introduction. When you talk about a lot of the fallacies that people fall into I'm not completely shocked to learn of them. I know people fall for a lot of the same mental traps, and I know I'm not exempt.

This is my main account so you can look up all my failures and rages (I hope not too many, I've never been warned). I hope you're seeing I'm trying to be honest about my qualifications or lack of them. I'd love a chance to work with you though.

If you'd like to see my resume, transcript, or references let me know.

Sincerely,
ChanceDriven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChanceDriven

10-15-2012

I'm going to bump this once to try to get Lyte to see it, if that doesn't work I'll try something else >.>