Is playing as Jax in Dom a moral issue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veni13

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowGgPrettyEzTho View Post
I mean when you put it terms of willingly ruining the game for 5 other people, it's pretty easy to see it as such. It frustrates me that so many people are willing to do this for the sake of free wins.
The only champion I see playing as being a moral issue is Kassadin. Especially in blind pick, where the person playing him is taking advantage of people being unable to ban him due to draft pick being dead.
That's the only moral issue champ as far as I'm concerned.

BeefJerkyHunter

10-11-2012

Jax is cheese. That is all.

Koravel

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
If you go by Sauron's guide, there are several more. Although, people at my elo is relatively unfamiliar with DD/Sauron, so they avoid those champions thinking they are "unviable" in Dominion. Such as for my friends (SR mains), Lulu is an unviable pick while Tryn is one of the most powerful champions in Dominion. Tier lists at lower elos is different compared to high elo since a lot of us lack the ability/knowledge to counter champions.

I played a lot of Jax, and I agree with you. Jax is hard to deal with, but when you play him enough, you understand how he works enough to counter him.

The closest I got to Lulu was getting QSS. Jayce and Kassadin...working on it...

But instead of complaining about it, I go on the DominateDominion chat and ask people for counters/advice. Excluding the cheesecake tier/some tier 1 champions, counters to some champions are very obvious to these people. DD chat, great resources, take advantage of it. Or do what I do, wait until Nekrogen streams and tell him I love him <3
I was actually just going off of my own experience. I think Sauron has a few more, but I'm unsure as to how long its been since he's updated the tiers besides adding in new champions.

Lulu just has too much CC for one character and is entirely too easy to play for how good she is, Kass has too much mobility in addition to too much damage potential yet still being able to build tanky, and Jayce simply does too much. No champion can trade with Jayce as far as damage potential goes.

And yes, DominateDominion chat is a great room for advice. There are ways to semi-counter everyone, even Jayce.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Honestly, Jax have fallen far out of my spotlight of champs to fear. Even Urgot has dropped a good bit imo. Darius is pretty laughable in most cases I've seen him, I've consistently been dominating him as a number of champs.

The champs that I look out for nowadays are Jayce, Kassadin, Lulu, and Blitzcrank personally.

Veni13

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel34 View Post
And yes, DominateDominion chat is a great room for advice. There are ways to semi-counter everyone, even Jayce.
How do you counter Kassadin?

A single hat

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veni13 View Post
How do you counter Kassadin?
Singed, Warwick, Poppy, and Teemo according to leagueofstats with Singed being the heaviest counter (bringing his winrate down to ~42%).

This of course, is across all data. In high elo the preferred counter is first ban.

SuperQuackDuck

10-12-2012

I didnt know singed is a good counter to kass......... Is this for SR or dom?

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

10-12-2012

Jax isn't that bad. Kassadin and Jayce are the only champions that bother me.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
I didnt know singed is a good counter to kass......... Is this for SR or dom?
Dominion. My guess is that Kassadin excels as a roamer, but he probably can't do much against tanky Singed botlanes.

Veni13

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A single hat View Post
Singed, Warwick, Poppy, and Teemo according to leagueofstats with Singed being the heaviest counter (bringing his winrate down to ~42%).

This of course, is across all data. In high elo the preferred counter is first ban.
They all have high movement speed and are pretty tanky champs (mostly) and I can see them being the most effective against Kassadin, but I can't see them owning him, because, as we know, Kass ults in, does his evil work, and ults out. And he would usually be tanky enough not be too affected by a ww ult or poppy wall-bash unless their entire team is there to burst him down. And, arguably, that's a scenario Kassadin shouldn't put himself into in the first place. There is, after all, a reason he's in a tier of his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawNuff View Post
Dominion. My guess is that Kassadin excels as a roamer, but he probably can't do much against tanky Singed botlanes.
So, he's basically a champ that can survive his burst, but does not kill him. Actually that's the whole thing about him...he excels at the roamer role so he's much less effective vs tanky champions who take a prolonged fight to get to low hp.