Demacia or Noxus?

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordHippoman

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
heh yeah id support noxus definitely................ *smooths out black trenchcoat*

mostly bc I agree with the philosify that mite makes right witch I apply in my own life heh, im not scared of dying anyone gives me trouble heh theyll have to get through my twin katanas first....................... (been training with them for 4 years gonna get a new pair when i turn 16) i can actually slice through a bullet heh did it once at my frends house................

also noxus is cooler, has cooler champs like katrina and talen, people I'd like to be like someday, perfect assassins who dont take orders from nobody heh........... *lights up cigarette, takes a slow drag, coughs violently*

in demacia ur a slave to ur leaders a nameless faceless puppet n nobody cares about u noxus ur like the wolf the pack looks out for one another demacia ur a number.......

in real life the strong shud rule the weak thats why ur either strong or ur wrong america the land of the free ehe give me a brake were all just slaves but soon theres gonna be a revolushen

heh noxus 4 life.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................................

Every time I get to read a Renekton Bot post my heart flutters, and life just seems better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Demacia: Steal a wheel of cheese, lose a hand.
Noxus: Steal a wheel of cheese, lose a hand.

Demacia: Rape someone, go to jail.
Noxus: Rape someone, go to meet Draven.

Demacia: Born in the gutters, stay in the gutters
Noxus: Born in the gutters, can raise out of it by being stronger and quicker of wit then your compatiarts.

I'll go with Noxus.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

belthazor3457

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
You're exaggerating your argument to ridiculous proportions. There's a reason you can and will be tried for child *** crimes even if you commit them in another country. Two jurisdictional laws in the United States are relevant to this:



The United States does everything possible to ensure that you are getting your ass hauled into their courts, no matter what you do or where. Yes, there are cases where the law does nothing in the face of blatant wrongdoings, but good luck with that if the public ever catches wind of it. The second the public hears about it, so begins the outcry and so begins the actual application of justice. Usually overdone, knee-jerk justice as the government is forced to make an example of you. Bringing this back to the fake world, it's pretty obvious that, yes, the public was well aware of what happened with Sivir. The supposedly brainwashed masses of Demacia's corrupt regime did not rise up in mindless arms about the meaningless sentence that that toxic Noxian weed received for her deplorable crimes against Valoran's shining bastion of justice.

Note that I phrased it that way to mock Demacia's critics.

What does that tell you about Demacia's supposed brutally strict legal system? What does this tell you about how much Demacia supposedly brainwashes its citizens with cultish scripture on the matter? Demacia is a normal legal system and is full of normal people. No misdemeanors? Doesn't matter. You're not getting killed for jaywalking.
Kony 2012.


...


Kony 2007.

Kony 2005.

Kony 2000.

Kony 1982.

Suddenly, people cared. They were late by quite a few years, though!

As for the people rising up and demanding something, you don't have that wherever you go. Sometimes, if the people rise up to demand something, they'll just be shot (Stalin).

Furthermore, loyalty indoctorination will often override hate indoctorination. King says someone is to be welcomed, they're welcomed, because the king's word is law.

The point is that you can't deduce "because Demacia didn't attack one of the special people, they are not draconian" because a draconian society always has special exceptions for people who are worth more than they cost.

And no, the USA won't do anything to harm me if I did any of those examples. Not if I attracted no media attention. Kony is a perfect example. No one cared until a viral web video, and that was... how many years late?

Hmmm, I wonder when Kony died.

(already know the answer, being rhetorical)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katárina View Post
Demacia: Rape someone, go to jail.
...uh... no, lol. It's Demacia. You're getting executed for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katárina View Post
Demacia: Born in the gutters, stay in the gutters
Implying there ARE gutters in a state with so many social programs and responsibility to protect and help each other. Besides which, you can still make a name for yourself through exemplary military service, a la Shyvana and Xin Zhao. Just because you're not taking a lemonade stand and turning it into Nestea doesn't mean you can't come from humble beginnings and become as prominent as a Crownguard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
Kony 2012.


...


Kony 2007.

Kony 2005.

Kony 2000.

Kony 1982.

Suddenly, people cared. They were late by quite a few years, though!

As for the people rising up and demanding something, you don't have that wherever you go. Sometimes, if the people rise up to demand something, they'll just be shot (Stalin).

Furthermore, loyalty indoctorination will often override hate indoctorination. King says someone is to be welcomed, they're welcomed, because the king's word is law.

The point is that you can't deduce "because Demacia didn't attack one of the special people, they are not draconian" because a draconian society always has special exceptions for people who are worth more than they cost.
King Jarvan III demanded Sivir be welcomed into Demacia? Find this lore, please, show us where this was done. Also show me where people are killed in Demacia for demanding someone be given a harsher sentence.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

belthazor3457

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
King Jarvan III demanded Sivir be welcomed into Demacia? Find this lore, please, show us where this was done. Also show me where people are killed in Demacia for demanding someone be given a harsher sentence.
I wasn't saying that jarvan said sivir should be welcomed. I was saying that it was incredibly common IRL for incidents like that to take place, and a government will generally structure itself where the leadership has more reliable control. Hence why that was said directly after Kony. You can indoctorinate both hate for your enemy and loyalty to the crown and add in a little more emphasis on loyalty to the crown so you can get away with all sorts of stuff.

You made the point that if Demacia gave Sivir a better sentence than the average demacian citizen would've been given, that they're not draconian. That's simply not true, because special exemptions happen all the time, even in draconian societies - examples being from real life to prove that point.

Does that clarify?

Also, on the point of my personal curiosity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
Implying there ARE gutters in a state with so many social programs and responsibility to protect and help each other.
Please cite one such social program.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
I wasn't saying that jarvan said sivir should be welcomed. I was saying that it was incredibly common IRL for incidents like that to take place, and a government will generally structure itself where the leadership has more reliable control. Hence why that was said directly after Kony. You can indoctorinate both hate for your enemy and loyalty to the crown and add in a little more emphasis on loyalty to the crown so you can get away with all sorts of stuff.
Well knock it off. You have this uncanny ability to take any discussion and warp it into some debate about Pol Pot or some nonsense. I've yet to have a discussion with you in which you don't go on some wild ass tangent and then criticize how I respond to it. This isn't Kony, this is Runeterra. United States laws regarding international jurisdiction or policies on blood diamonds have nothing to do with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
You made the point that if Demacia gave Sivir a better sentence than the average demacian citizen would've been given, that they're not draconian. That's simply not true, because special exemptions happen all the time, even in draconian societies - examples being from real life to prove that point.

Does that clarify?
I never actually said she got a better sentence than a random person would have received. We have no such evidence one way or the other. What we DO know is that Demacia claims it looks at all angles of a case and administers sentences accordingly. People claim they cut you in half for littering, but no, that just doesn't happen. The only case we have about a foreigner stealing a car and trashing a few city blocks with it is Sivir's, and she's a war criminal, no less. Even IF you think she got preferential treatment, and I seriously doubt Demacia would give a Noxian war criminal that, 90 days is pitiful. Taking this all back to my original point, this is indicative of Demacia's justice system not being a hellish nightmare of decapitations over meaningless ****, and as a result, I would be happy living there. Certainly moreso than anywhere near Noxus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
Also, on the point of my personal curiosity,

Please cite one such social program.
There are no specific examples, I admit this. However, it is within all Demacian culture to not be selfish, to not stomp on those under you for your own gain, and so on. It is entirely within the realm of reasonable possibility for there to be social programs to prop up the less fortunate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordHippoman

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Guys, are we doing this topic again? Fine, I'l bring out the list.


Noxus: Live on a skull shaped mountain in the "Dark City" where people like Shaco hang out. Their horses are mutated monsters and political assassinations are extremely common. People want to be "edgy" and try and find ways that they somehow have to be the good guys because Katarina is their waifu or something.

Demacia: Live in the shining City Of Light. The most terrible thing is *gasp*, RULES. Like a swimming pool. They have people like Garen, the brave knight and Xin Zhao, who was rescued from the killing pits of Noxus (yeah, they're TOTALLY the good guys with their bloody deathmatches) and now serves as a stalwart protector. They even have Yordles. What did Noxus do to Yordles? Read Veigars Story page.

And now, I will recount things that Noxus and Demacia have done that are evil:

Demacia: Forced conscription, having alot of...rules?

Noxus: Murdered Poppy's Father
Murdered Galio's Creator
Murdered Yi's ENTIRE VILLAGE
Used chemical warfare
Home to Shaco, Mordekaiser, and other villains.
Jailed Veigar alone for years, breaking his sanity.
Invaded Ionia
"Decidedly xenophobic"
Boram Darkwill has an extreme lust for power, as does Swain, LeBlanc, etc. (lol this is outdated he dead) Replace it with Keiran or what have you. (EDIT: lol now this is outdated he dead too)
"The Noxian High Command reserves the right to draft any of its citizens, regardless of age, into military service "
Sends assasins to try and kill Sivir extremely often
Burns down Alistar's village and kills his family, then forces him into slavery.

Doesn't neccesarily mean that Demacia are the good guys though. Honestly, the only City State that I haven't seen do anything terrible at one point is Piltover...maybe Ionia...

_-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not saying that Noxian ideology is wholly bad or that Demacian ideology is super good, but through the ways the two nations have conducted themselves, the distinction is more clear.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHippoman View Post
Guys, are we doing this topic again? Fine, I'l bring out the list.


Noxus: Live on a skull shaped mountain in the "Dark City" where people like Shaco hang out. Their horses are mutated monsters and political assassinations are extremely common. People want to be "edgy" and try and find ways that they somehow have to be the good guys because Katarina is their waifu or something.

Demacia: Live in the shining City Of Light. The most terrible thing is *gasp*, RULES. Like a swimming pool. They have people like Garen, the brave knight and Xin Zhao, who was rescued from the killing pits of Noxus (yeah, they're TOTALLY the good guys with their bloody deathmatches) and now serves as a stalwart protector. They even have Yordles. What did Noxus do to Yordles? Read Veigars Story page.

And now, I will recount things that Noxus and Demacia have done that are evil:

Demacia: Forced conscription, having alot of...rules?

Noxus: Murdered Poppy's Father
Murdered Galio's Creator
Murdered Yi's ENTIRE VILLAGE
Used chemical warfare
Home to Shaco, Mordekaiser, and other villains.
Jailed Veigar alone for years, breaking his sanity.
Invaded Ionia
"Decidedly xenophobic"
Boram Darkwill has an extreme lust for power, as does Swain, LeBlanc, etc. (lol this is outdated he dead) Replace it with Keiran or what have you. (EDIT: lol now this is outdated he dead too)
"The Noxian High Command reserves the right to draft any of its citizens, regardless of age, into military service "
Sends assasins to try and kill Sivir extremely often
Burns down Alistar's village and kills his family, then forces him into slavery.

Doesn't neccesarily mean that Demacia are the good guys though. Honestly, the only City State that I haven't seen do anything terrible at one point is Piltover...maybe Ionia...

_-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not saying that Noxian ideology is wholly bad or that Demacian ideology is super good, but through the ways the two nations have conducted themselves, the distinction is more clear.
I love you and all that you are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordHippoman

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
I love you and all that you are.
You are the wind beneath my wings.


1234567 ... 13