Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We considered showing more than one Crest/Ribbon; however, it gets cluttered very quickly in the portrait. We're going to collect data to see how many players actually unlock multiple Crests and determine whether we need to develop a solution for displaying multiple Crests.

For now, it displays the most difficult to get Crest that you have unlocked and it always show Honorable Opponent Crests to your enemies.
A solution to display all of them without additional clutter - change the color of honor icons (teemo/book/sword/two swords) to different color when you are eligible for that kind of ribbon. Or rather, not "change color" but "add color" so that the icons that we have now would be "sketches" and would "come to life" when you are good enough.

Hahano

10-12-2012

Hi Lyte,

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I haven't seen anything regarding giving out Honor compared to receiving it. I haven't really given out a lot of honor to other players because I feel that it should be deserved, not assumed to be given. This sentiment, however, is not really common as I get honor all of the time. Now don't get me wrong, I generally stay positive in game, start every single match with "gl hf" and end it with "gg" and very rarely berate other people.

Perhaps it's a wrong approach from me, but I think "gl hf" and "gg" are just sportsman courtesy, it's a Starcraft carryover. I mostly stay quiet unless a fight breaks out between my teammates and I still get honor from my team and opponents. Again, I feel it's really just the way the game should be played and not someone going above and beyond to be honorable - I'm just not being a scumbag.

Explanation that is rapidly going into a tangent aside, is there a penalty or flag given if I don't give out that much honor vs. how much I receive it? I never ask for honor and frequently get it, but feel that someone has to do something honorable to receive it from me. Are my standards too high, theirs too low or somewhere in the middle?

Gray the Grayte

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We completely agree, which is why this isn't in Honor. We were just discussing the locations it could have happened if we wanted to do it
Indeed. I was just explaining the likely reason for those who didn't understand why.

BTW if you could please respond to my post on page 93 that would be really appreciated.

Elanorien

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sygil View Post
I've found that having an honor badge has gotten me singled out for harassment. Certain players go out of their way to insult me for "being too nice". I've reported them for verbal abuse. I hope the Tribunal will take care of it. Speaking of, I believe it would be something to assist with the honor system and tribunal by adding weight to reports by honorable players; a sort of seal of disapproval. Just a thought.
Yeah, I've received both negative and positive attention for having badges. I've had enemies say "No wonder you have Honorable Opponent", and when defending an accosted player, and ally say "It's cute that you're a white knight and all", but nothing much worse than that. I'd say there's been more positive comments than negative.

As for your second point, Honor effecting reports/Tribunal, I agree. If nothing else, I think it'd be cool if in the Case, it showed the reporters Honor along with their reason and comments.

FullTimeWarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Hey lyte question does leaving a game have an effect on your honor in anyway whatsoever? I had to leave a game recently, yesterday was my birthday and one of my parents pulled a surprise visit on me. Only thing is I didn't exactly explain the reason for leaving to the people in the game. (Randomly got a phone call saying we are outside your door...) Or is it more of a consistent leaving thing, cause I know in the past I was banned once or twice by the leaver buster (Bad net and circumstance), but I've been in the clear for a while now.

KoreanPheonix

10-12-2012

Okay, I hope that the rewards for having lots of honor will be immense IP points or even RP points, because in stacking up :3

Trotsky Icepick

10-12-2012

What if we just don't honor anyone ever? This system has gotten to the point of annoying with me spending my time posting on forums about it instead of actually enjoying the game. I can't honor my friends, who are super helpful and talk me through strategy while gaming, because that's apparently "cheap" honor. So, now I've been marked for overusing an honor system for honoring those who are making the game much more enjoyable for me. I have to take the time after the match to rate the performance of people I don't know and will probably never see or game with again. It seems like your trying to get the gamer to do the work of the tribunal. Only, what's the penalty for never receiving honor? What if you're a good player, who isn't rude and plays well, and nobody ever takes the time to honor you? Do you get penalized as well? There seems to be way to much missing out of this attempt to control a community where people can just create a new name and new account every few minutes. How do you control that with honor? A no risk, no reward honor system at that.

Chamenas

10-12-2012

A suggestion:
Allow players to see which honor crests they have in their profile. Maybe a smaller image of the crest below the honor number they have for that honor. For crests like Honorable Opponent, you can't even see whether or not you still have it (since you can apparently lose it without being banned just by not getting Honorable Opponent points). It would also be a nice little positive thing to see/earn.

Chamenas

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullTimeWarrior View Post
Hey lyte question does leaving a game have an effect on your honor in anyway whatsoever? I had to leave a game recently, yesterday was my birthday and one of my parents pulled a surprise visit on me. Only thing is I didn't exactly explain the reason for leaving to the people in the game. (Randomly got a phone call saying we are outside your door...) Or is it more of a consistent leaving thing, cause I know in the past I was banned once or twice by the leaver buster (Bad net and circumstance), but I've been in the clear for a while now.
True story: The game that I received my Honorable Opponent crest for was a game where my computer crashed and, by the time I got back on, the game had already ended. I knew it couldn't have been a previous game as that was my first game of the day. I literally logged back on, saw I'd been awarded +2 Honorable Opponent and +1 Teamwork, went to my profile to check it out and got the animation for Honorable Opponent. :-)

I know I've been personally terrified that my computer crashing will land me in the Tribunal one day, as it happens more frequently than "rarely" but I have no funds to replace it right now, so it's either risk it (it's still infrequent enough that it doesn't happen often) or not play League at all! >.>

ceylon smasher

10-12-2012

I love how you guys try hard to make people play nice it's very refreshing, especially since bad moods cause 50% of my losses. >_< KEEP IT UP!