People say azubu came up with the aggressive push strat but it was actually CLG

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brobat

10-12-2012

Master Yi invented aggressive pushing.

CARESKISWOWJKS

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisOfReason View Post
There is no substantial evidence demonstrating that the strategy originated from any one particular region (therefore conclusions cannot be made at the moment); for all you know both regions could have come up with the strategy independently or it could have originated from somewhere else entirely.

One thing is clear however, the hyper aggression playstyle appears to be common among the top Asian teams, providing additional support (but not proving) that the strategy was developed in the Asian regions.
I'm just saying this is the first time it was seen in a major tournament, CLG used it very effectively in till they made a few bad calls with TP, and to me it seems that Koreans used saw this and then developed it into what it is now, aggressive lane pushed and jungle ganks.

Zenbear

10-12-2012

Who really cares who came up with it? It one them the game either way

NemesisOfReason

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobat View Post
Master Yi invented aggressive pushing.
Don't forget vanilla Sivir : )

Kingirth

10-12-2012

When Azubu Blaze stomped TSM people were saying wow wtf is this new strat pushing towers so aggressively, saying this is the new meta (which doesn't even make sense), when what the OP is saying is true it is a variation on a CLG strat.

NemesisOfReason

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingirth View Post
When Azubu Blaze stomped TSM people were saying wow wtf is this new strat pushing towers so aggressively, saying this is the new meta (which doesn't even make sense), when what the OP is saying is true it is a variation on a CLG strat.
I will summarize your main argument: aggressive playstyle = variation on CLG strat, therefore we can conclude that CLG.EU was the first to introduce the playstyle.

This argument is a logical leap: variation in CLG.EU playstyle does not equate to CLG.EU being the first to come up with it. You did not explain how variation necessitates originality.

Dinky Summoner

10-12-2012

Umm people have been sending two top for aggressive tower take long before this season started.There are also a lot more strategies the normal players come up with that the pros get credit for, like the bait to nunu ult in bush.

NemesisOfReason

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jungle King View Post
Umm people have been sending two top for aggressive tower take long before this season started.There are also a lot more strategies the normal players come up with that the pros get credit for, like the bait to nunu ult in bush.
This supports my main argument

Kingirth

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisOfReason View Post
I will summarize your main argument: aggressive playstyle = variation on CLG strat, therefore we can conclude that CLG.EU was the first to introduce the playstyle.

This argument is a logical leap: variation in CLG.EU playstyle does not equate to CLG.EU being the first to come up with it. You did not explain how variation necessitates originality.
First, were talking about CLG na not eu, so i assume you no nothing of League esports. What the OP is saying is that CLG na were the first team to use the aggressive play style and that the Korean teams used a variation on that strat and people thought that that was the first time it had been used, when really CLG na imployed a similar strat. If i was unclear in that then sorry, if not then **** you.

Xyltin

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingirth View Post
First, were talking about CLG na not eu, so i assume you no nothing of League esports. What the OP is saying is that CLG na were the first team to use the aggressive play style and that the Korean teams used a variation on that strat and people thought that that was the first time it had been used, when really CLG na imployed a similar strat. If i was unclear in that then sorry, if not then **** you.
But that is only what the OP says and not what is true.

Korena teams picked champs for a long time that fit that offensive pushing strat early.
It was not as good as it is now, but they used it before CLG.NA.