How satisfied are you with your faceroll?

Very satisfied 24 34.78%
Somewhat satisfied 7 10.14%
Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied 2 2.90%
Somewhat dissatisfied 2 2.90%
Very dissatisfied 1 1.45%
I have some modicum of self respect and don't own / play Jayce 33 47.83%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Question for Jayce players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panwar

Senior Member

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazdek View Post
play to win bros
No way man, when I play Monopoly I never buy Park Place or Boardwalk, and when I'm winning I don't collect $200 when I pass Go.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koravel

Senior Member

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
It's like we have this thread every other week.

"Waah waah some champ is op, the players of this champ are horrible people in some way."
More like every other day...

Still, in this case the OP is correct. Jayce is overpowered as hell.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
He never said anything about fun. If you read the thread carefully, it is suggesting that there is something wrong with playing Jayce in Dominion blind pick, similar to how most high elo players seem to think that there's something wrong with playing Kassadin.

That being said, I am not sure that I want to include Jayce in that list. Maybe, maybe not. He's incredibly strong, but he's not as blatantly broken as Kassadin. I don't play either of them myself, though.
1. In the end it does boil down to "My Fun is more important than your fun, and the ways you choose to have fun." and he's doing the same, he's accusing Jayce players of valuing their fun over the fun of others playing in the game.

2. In combination with the above, read this thread together with the "Jax Moral Issue" thread. It's the same.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panwar

Senior Member

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel34 View Post
More like every other day...

Still, in this case the OP is correct. Jayce is overpowered as hell.
Oh, I know he's op. Everyone knows it. But that isn't the players fault, I don't think it's a matter of honor going into a blind pick solo queue game to not pick certain champs. That is the deal you agree with going into a BP match. You get to play who you want, and everyone else gets to play what they want.

Deal with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

Senior Member

10-11-2012

In Blind pick the arms race goes on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

Senior Member

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
1. In the end it does boil down to "My Fun is more important than your fun, and the ways you choose to have fun." and he's doing the same, he's accusing Jayce players of valuing their fun over the fun of others playing in the game.
"The fun of the many outweigh the fun of the few."

If champion x increases the fun for one person with 5 y, but decreases the fun for everyone in the enemy team with 5 y per person, because that champion is too powerful, then it seems logical to conclude that champion x shouldn't be played, since it decreases the overall fun. Unless you want to claim that person z has a higher claim to fun than anyone else.

I suppose that means that some people will have slightly less fun, but overall it will lead to more fun. Jayce will probably soon be nerfed, so I foresee him being less of a problem than Kassadin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panwar

Senior Member

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
"The fun of the many outweigh the fun of the few."

If champion x increases the fun for one person with 5 y, but decreases the fun for everyone in the enemy team with 5 y per person, because that champion is too powerful, then it seems logical to conclude that champion x shouldn't be played, since it decreases the overall fun. Unless you want to claim that person z has a higher claim to fun than anyone else.

I suppose that means that some people will have slightly less fun, but overall it will lead to more fun. Jayce will probably soon be nerfed, so I foresee him being less of a problem than Kassadin.
pff


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
"The fun of the many outweigh the fun of the few."

If champion x increases the fun for one person with 5 y, but decreases the fun for everyone in the enemy team with 5 y per person, because that champion is too powerful, then it seems logical to conclude that champion x shouldn't be played, since it decreases the overall fun. Unless you want to claim that person z has a higher claim to fun than anyone else.

I suppose that means that some people will have slightly less fun, but overall it will lead to more fun. Jayce will probably soon be nerfed, so I foresee him being less of a problem than Kassadin.
I claim that this leads to people doing nothing. You want to say something? Can't, there are people on whose fun it intrudes. You want to play well? Can't, there are people on whose fun it intrudes. No reading books, since there'll be someone finding any book or author objectionable, and who is dismayed by /anyone/ reading that book.

This is not slippery slope, or even taking something to its logical conclusion, it's something that is ongoing and happening everywhere.

This is a game. This is a matter of game balance.
A player should take responsibility for his own fun, when it comes to decisions concerning these balance issues, and should only bring up these issues with themselves or with Riot, not with players who are playing the game provided them.

This is not a case of someone valuing their fun over others in the same manner as trolling, or being verbally abusive, when they find these things fun. I find the constant posts along these lines who seem to make this connection to be morally questionable themselves, as they try to police the fun and choices other players get to make by saying "I am hurt by your decision."
They aren't the same. It's a game. The champion pool consists of a large part of the "Rules" of the game.

Got issues with that? Take them up with Riot, play the champions yourselves, or stop playing the game.
Bringing up the issue to inhibit the fun other players have is morally questionable. To outright condemn them for choosing to play a certain character in a video game? It's not questionable, it's morally despicable.

An argument could be made for people who choose to play a champion because they'd be less fun for their team/opposing team, but when you pick a champion because you like winning and/or having fun yourself, it's legit.

Everything else is pure bull****. Stop trying to pull it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

innervation

Senior Member

10-11-2012

"the fun of the many outweighs the fun of the few"

Agreed - but it's not the players' responsibility to to take it upon themselves not to play Jayce if he's a net minus in fun: it's Riot's responsibility to nerf him (see pre remake evelyn).

I don't really have a problem with people playing Jayce occasionally, but if I look at someones profile and see 5-10 straight Jayce games...I mean...come on. Be reasonable. Right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ikruti

Senior Member

10-12-2012

@DiscworldDeath (to avoid massive quote):

While to a degree this is true, Riot has already stated several times that they do take such things in to consideration. The word they like to use is anti-fun. Basically they try to decide if a particular mechanic causes more people to not have fun than people to have fun.

It really does have to be evaluated on a case by case basis. If having a Jayce on the team means the entire enemy team is going to really hate playing the game, that's really not a good state to be in. In particular, very strong and difficult to counter champions cause this issue because while the very good players can handle it, the majority of people can not. This leads to the champion being played in abundance because well, they will make it really easy to win.

I'm not saying you're wrong in that it becomes difficult to determine what's the best way to proceed. I'm not even saying don't play Jayce. I'm just saying that Riot does in fact try to make sure that pubstompers don't ruin the fun of everyone else. And I think we can agree, Jayce is pretty pubstompy.