Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slappyhorse

10-11-2012

Calling people out on forums

Close thread pl0x

Ragingmushroom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

lol the people doing the elo boosting get such an easy punishment. 2 week suspension but get to keep all the money they made. While the people who spent money aren't even going to get the rewards, which is well deserved but the punishment for the people boosting the elo is too low.

Quitch

10-11-2012

Wow. When I posted in the S2 rewards thread and you said you'd attempt to prevent that type of action, I smiled and was happy that you at least acknowledged it. I did not actually expect action.

Good job!

The Cpt America

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ice Prince View Post
lol the people doing the elo boosting get such an easy punishment. 2 week suspension but get to keep all the money they made. While the people who spent money aren't even going to get the rewards, which is well deserved but the punishment for the people boosting the elo is too low.
Agreed

Blaster

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cpt America View Post
No - I mean they SHOULD be ineligible. (They being the people who did the boosting)
(Sorry if that wasn't clear)
You said are instead of aren't. Its not that it's unclear, it's that you used the wrong word.

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

It's a step in the right direction but I dont think this action is enough and I dont think it was fast enough. These players BROKE the matchmaking system and they have been doing it for weeks. What Elo booster is going to look at the ban and be sad? Elo Boosting had a high premium, so this is just the cost of doing business (not to mention their smurf accounts can enable them to avoid a large portion of the penalty). Based on what I read in the OP, the boosters dont even lose their season end rewards?

Logging onto accounts that were clearly below their skill level made them essentially the sole determination of how a game goes. I'm not going to be outlandish and say that this kicked bystanders below where they belong, given how unlikely it is to continuously run into this situation. However, I am going to question what the point of ranked is if you dont protect players from significantly imbalanced teams?

Why not take a hard public stance early, and follow up on your stance once you had the evidence? It seems you spent the time building the case, while people continued to abuse the system and reap the benefits.

Godless Servant

10-11-2012

3 of the streamers I watch, interesting.

Cytus

10-11-2012

So is it "safer" to join ranked games now?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

10-11-2012
5 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cpt America View Post
No - I mean they SHOULD be ineligible. (They being the people who did the boosting)
(Sorry if that wasn't clear)
They are skilled players who earned their ratings through their own merits. We felt that the two week ban, the loss of an income stream (as these players were often profiting from these activities), and a bunch of unhappy customers who have suddenly lost what they paid for was an appropriate punishment.

Edit: As referenced in a post by Tryndamere (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...30441#30530441), this decision has since been reversed, and we've removed Season 2 rewards from the sellers as well.

The Cpt America

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainieDay View Post
You said are instead of aren't. Its not that it's unclear, it's that you used the wrong word.
Yea i see that now i went back and edited with what i meant