revive in dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
I hate the person (even though it may be smart at times), that just runs right in the middle of everyone at the first windmill fight to do as much damage as possible just to die and revive so he can get back to stall if his team doesn't kill them off and die.
He misinitiated, and he should just go gank bot.

SylianEUW

10-11-2012

As Sauron said, removing Revive would likely result in 10 Garrion's per game, and that would not be very interesting. Turtling would be a more viable strategy, I'd guess. On the other hand, ganking bot would be more common, since the bot laner won't have a Revive to pop when he's killed the first time.

It would also make top fights more fair. At the moment, it's rather annoying to lose just because you managed to kill one guy and he Revived before anyone in your team died, making it a 4v4 but with one side with significantly more health.

If they remove Revive, they should probably remove or nerf Garrison. Then, we'd see 10 Exhaust's per game, but the second summoner spell might be more varied. Ignite, Cleanse, maybe Heal, maybe Flash, maybe even Ghost might be picked, who knows?

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Taking Revive out would make the game more passive and more like SR at higher levels of play.
Yes, That's why before mass revives, the game was so passive...Wait a minute.

In fact once people started to mass revives, the game did become way more passive than before. So I guess history contradicts this statement.

IIZekoII

10-12-2012

please remove revive and do something with the other summoner spells so they fit the map better.
this map could be so much more if you would work on it just a littlebit. same for TT but this is another section.

wontfight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIZekoII View Post
Should be removed.Would be so much better without it.
That's it.
Thank you.
first off why post that how about some kind of reason why.... thoughts about it... please think about your post before you post it.

saying such... why not revive it gets rid of the wait AND if you spec into it there is a speed boost.

Sir Bulldog

10-13-2012

I don't think getting rid of revive would help. Like the guy said before me, if they get rid of revive, garrison will be the new "meta" spell. There will always be a "meta" spell for both dominion and summoner's rift. Right now on dominion, revive is extremely popular so will you just have to live with it.

PyGoN

10-14-2012

k

Sauron

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Yes, That's why before mass revives, the game was so passive...Wait a minute.

In fact once people started to mass revives, the game did become way more passive than before. So I guess history contradicts this statement.
Completely false. I have screenshots of all the tournaments I've played in since January 2, and only because I wasn't the screenshot uploader for TOEWW in December. lolmatches also has some recorded games from 10-11 months ago on several player profiles that anyone can view.

Just look at all the single digit scores from games back then. Even assists were frequently single digit. People won by camping points and positioning CC'ers in brushes to force zoning lockouts on 3-2 or more likely, 4-1 due to the reduced coverage needed and the lack of Revive to even break through that strategy, much less stop it from happening.

History most certainly does not contradict my statement. The evidence argues pretty strongly for Revive reducing passivity in the game mode.

General Quackers

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Completely false. I have screenshots of all the tournaments I've played in since January 2, and only because I wasn't the screenshot uploader for TOEWW in December. lolmatches also has some recorded games from 10-11 months ago on several player profiles that anyone can view.

Just look at all the single digit scores from games back then. Even assists were frequently single digit. People won by camping points and positioning CC'ers in brushes to force zoning lockouts on 3-2 or more likely, 4-1 due to the reduced coverage needed and the lack of Revive to even break through that strategy, much less stop it from happening.

History most certainly does not contradict my statement. The evidence argues pretty strongly for Revive reducing passivity in the game mode.
Warmog's was also on Dom back then, as well as a pre-nerf Atam's, as well as pre-buff to the ArP on the Dom aura, that's what let tanky AD camp their point all game long.

I personally don't mind Revive, as soon as you can force someone to use it, they're down a Summoner Spell for 10 minutes and, in all likelihood, will just get killed again within the minute. Garrison trumps Revive as a defensive/offensive tool.

I don't think Revive encourages or discourages more aggressive plays because the person using Revive knows they only get two shots per game, three if they die very early or the game runs a bit late, to use Revive. Nobody is going to leeroy dive just because they have Revive on standby; suggesting that an "oops" button means you should play carelessly for the sake of aggression is silly.

Revive is as bad or worse on Dom as it is on SR.

Catnium

10-14-2012

except on sr 4 people cant all revive and build back a tower

in dominion they more or less can.

think of it this way , you win windmill fight few seconds later there is the full 4 man team again with full hp, your group is probbly a few men down and at half or less hp with maybe 1 guy still at 80+
the enemy team pops garrison and takes back your tower, kills off your reinforcements while you and your team mates are in the respawn queue

or they just gank your bot and take his tower