Why don't people play Nunu?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CosMoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitness View Post
too many stuns on the dance floor

too many stuns
Not just Stuns.

After the upcoming patch, every Knockback and Knockup will interrupt too, next to the dozens of Silences, Stuns, Fears and Taunts.

See the full list here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarifes View Post
I like how people say to get a Banshee on him and then they need two CC to stop him.

Really? If the enemy didn't break your Banshee with a skillshot before the team fight broke out, you should be steam rolling that match anyway and his ult reeeeealy won't make a difference...
So true.
Ashe's Volley, Karthus' Lay Waste etc. can easily cancel a Banshee's Veil's Shield long before you go into the teamfight.

Dracks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-20-2010

the main function of nunu is distraction - what many people fail to understand...

Build nunu as a support champ (blood boiling carries) (snowballing enemy carry)
Tank him up with a Banshees/Ga/Randuins etc and he becomes VERY viable with enough CDR nunu can 100% snowball an enemy carry...

most carries run when focussed (and nunu does this job perfectly)

now the distraction part:

you run in - snowball one guy; then you start your ult making sure youget about 3 people in
this forces a few things to happen:
People will use their summoners or blink skills to escape (usually in the easiest direciton)
People will use their CC on YOU (this is what you want)
People will focus YOU (what you want also)

the above takes 2 seconds... or so - this type of distraction mixed with a team backing you up (while you die or distract) means you will win....

build him tanky... and support your team; and most likely your team will support you unless they fail to engage brain.

but what makes nunu sub par is the fact.... "why pick nunu when you can pick amumu" (assuming amumu isn't banned)

CaptainSoda

09-20-2010

They just need to buff Nunu to Nunu bot level. You know, being able to see people in the brush and snowballing them.

ipleadthefif208

09-20-2010

the ease at which people cancel his ult makes it quite annoying. now dont get me wrong he is good i used to main him. but there are others

Telandra

09-20-2010

Nunu is a good hero, most choose to play other jungles instead though.

He's a unique pick and role.
I see his main roles as : Tank + CC Absorber
and off role of supporting physical carries

Dzung

09-20-2010

i found that nunu is not worth playing until i find the money to get grungy nunu

ChewieChewtoy

09-20-2010

Hemoplague+Nunu ultimate= GG

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

09-20-2010

The reason people don't play Nunu as much, is it takes a high amount of skill to do anything with him effectively in comparison to other characters. He's also a little bit weak.

Sakagami0

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
The reason people don't play Nunu as much, is it takes a high amount of skill to do anything with him effectively in comparison to other characters. He's also a little bit weak.
Then why does he cost 495ip?

Kaelthas

09-20-2010

His ult is always interrupted, thus making him useless besides the support buff he gives carries.