Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Havoc Lobster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Hey. Hi. Nice to meet you.

I was wondering why the splash art for some champions has changed so frequently recently (Morgana, Tryndamere).

Yaddar

10-11-2012

I don't know if this is the right tread to ask this - even tho is somewhat art-related- , but I still haven't found a thread where I could get a response.

.. what's up with the increased model size in the latest champions? there are just HUGE nowadays.. take Zyra and Soraka as example.. they are taller than champions who are supposed to be huge (Maokai, Nunu, Morde, etc).. and very out of proportion alongside champions like Leblanc, or Pentakil Sona (who since release still appears to be smaller than regular Sona)

are you guys aware of this? is this intentional? do you have plan to properly scale all the champions to th newer standard? (Maokai and Zyra is the example that keeps showing on my head. a friend plays Zyra and I no longer feel like a badass tree when I'm standing next to her as Maokai.... but there are plenty of examples that could be made. --New Soraka being taller than every ranged carry she is paired with--)

PKPikmin

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
Yes, talked about it this morning in fact. REALLY. It's a huge task as there are so many, but the solution is actually to have separate art.
I must say this is amusing, as this is how it was before Ezreal came out.

Dulcee

10-11-2012

Quote:
Well, I'm personally connected to this one. I helped make that call. If there was any chance that one skin was going to look like another or that the in-game model could be confused with another champ, we wanted to lean on the side of differentiation and make them as unique as possible. Gameplay is really critical to us and we felt this decision helped make the overall experience better. It was hotly debated...)
I still haven't seen an explanation as to why Diana was changed when Syndra hadn't even been released yet. Why didn't you change Syndra instead? Based on hundreds of threads and a dozen or so polls, the community clearly wants Dark Valkyrie Diana returned to her original skin. Even Riot's customer support who issued the refunds for this change agreed that this was a change that should NOT have happened.

Do you really not care how the community feels about this?

ArmySquirrel

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'll field that one...
New skin: No Heels Leona. Do it. And take our money.

DTKobra

10-12-2012

I am a male college student majoring in gender studies and my best friend is an art major. We are both exceptionally grateful that you are listening to the community about the problems in League of Legends art. I love this game. But it honestly pains me to see female characters pointlessly and overtly sexualized to cater to a male audience.

I have no problem with including champions like Evelynn and Miss Fortune who are sexualized. Their flirtatious and seductive attire fit with their personalities and aspects of their character. But making a commitment to also create strong female characters that are not undermined by skimpy outfits would be greatly appreciated. And doing away with the anatomically impossible poses that are used to objectify female bodies would also be met with a huge thank you.

I promise that creating female characters with substance who are not reduced to their gender will only serve to attract a larger and more diverse audience to this game, rather than alienating the male one.

Waz Joe

10-12-2012

You just logged out as I was spectating your game full of Rioters Hopefully can catch you online again soon.

Liquirill

10-13-2012

Hi, I hope you can help me out on this one.
So a few weeks back when the new Riven skin was announced together with information about the Championship (this) there was this thumbnail of a special Riven artwork which is different from the actual splashart that was just released.
So the thing is... I can't tell you how much I fell in love with that portrait of Championship Riven and am dying to find out if there's more to that particular artwork that my eyes may feast upon.

So I was wondering if you could tell me if the full artwork of that thumbnail will ever be released?

NickWRX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

bomp

Josv

10-13-2012

Quote:
Yup. This is a fantastic thread. IronStylus really is representing our thoughts well here.
<3
My friend!