Honor & Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Because the Dominion community was (relative to SR) decent to begin with, so people don't see a reason they need to hand out honor for people *not* being dicks?

Half the people in SR wouldn't give two ****s about a man drowning in the river if it wouldn't get them any honor anyways.
That's pretty innacurate, half is a small number for that statement.

and related to Honor, Dominion community was already decent without the need of it, of course we still rage at some things but the Dominion level of tolerance is just higher also the fact that the game is so fast paced makes player not able to have time to rage in-game.

there's also a whole theory on agressivity and passive play in games applyng that theory we would see that Sr being passive makes players look for alternate ways to vent out or release that rage in which the preferred method is a negative attittude towards one or more teammates, while Dominion's active play means that youc an usually vent out all that agresiveness by just playing and fighting, teamfights, teamfghts everywhere so there's no need to discharge that rage on teammates.

that's the theory on why the non-pvp servers on most mmos have more malicious intentioned and devious people than pvp servers, i think it could apply to league too.

Westlin

10-09-2012

I get honor when I carry my team otherwise I get none.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

I've noticed a lot more of the : " And if you vote for ME for class president......." types. Overall, the honour system is great, but it's created a lot of politicians try harding with nice in all chat.

DiscworldDeath

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
I've noticed a lot more of the : " And if you vote for ME for class president......." types. Overall, the honour system is great, but it's created a lot of politicians try harding with nice in all chat.
Also created people suspecting others of such behaviour, when some people were always like this.

And like others said, so long people act nice, doesn't really matter why, or if they're sincere. Beats being mean.

Phourc

10-11-2012

^ Yeah, I love how my usual "Good luck and have fun!" now gets me a "Well, SOMEONE wants honor." Probably the worst result of the new system ):

Hamm3rhand

10-11-2012

i think the honorable opponent is most common, at least thats what i've gotten most. there just isn't as much time to talk in dominion, so the friendly one doesn't work as well, and teamwork is harder.

MMKH

10-11-2012

I honor everyone who doesn't run all OPs.

BeefJerkyHunter

10-11-2012

I usually forget to hand out honor.

Nyx87

10-11-2012

I read through this thread and thought "yeah, i am a bit conservative with Honor". So now i have a general criteria that i use to dispense it. Generally follows:

1) Not playing a known OP champ.(In blind pick. If you got an OP champ in draft, kudos to you)
2) Being polite
3) Actively trying to help teammates through actions
4) Filling out the team composition, instead of picking a redundant role

TCWA Tigerbite

10-11-2012

Damn. I'm never getting honor from Nyx T_T