My first Mac Game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Early BF sword

09-20-2010

Well, we lost
We had a leaver around 25 mn, just when the surrender was possible, guess what... we did.
That's about the only bad thing that happened to my Mac game.

I really encountered -NO- challenge at all during the whole game.

Nothing to say on that side.
(tho I tested only 1 champ, 1 game so I obviously need more tests)

Problem tho with the interface, the Air with champ selection, store, etc,
it's not over the dock. So my dock is hiding my friendlist icon, and all the bottom.

I tried all the zoom / stay on top options etc, nothing helped.

The rest worked fine, I tried some masteries / rune / friend checkup, even purchased a Ip champ, everything worked.

Amazing job, I'll keep you posted if I got anything to say

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

09-20-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

sad you lost.

What machine are you running on?

Early BF sword

09-20-2010

Running on a Mac Book Unibody13", early 2009.

Everything on low (muh) and it works perfectly.
Really all the little issues were on the interface before the game, once the game started there was no problem at all.

Early BF sword

09-20-2010

Hey there !

I just noticed few things after my intense morning beta testing session :

- The launher stays active once the game is launched, don't know if that's intentional.

- This bug is also on PC, but you can't see a friend's champs list. You can see his runes,
his masteries, his games history, but when you click on Champions, it redirects to your own list.

- Another one that's also on PC, the Sort by IP/RP doesn't work on the store.

Venzael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

09-21-2010

Also, my computer seems to be unable to enter it's screensaver or sleep if the launcher isn't closed. Sometimes I forget about it, since it minimises itself xP

Cykelslang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missbot View Post
it's not over the dock. So my dock is hiding my friendlist icon, and all the bottom.
Don't know if you've fixed this yet, but I think(I don't have the test version myself) it can be fixed by making your dock show/hide automatically (System Preferences -> Dock)

As I said, I don't have the test version myself, but I'm quite sure that would help.

Early BF sword

09-21-2010

Yeah obviously hiding the dock would help, tho the app should come over it.
If it works for all the other games, it should work with this one without having to change the user's setup.

It's ony for the pre-game interface tho.

milkytoast

09-21-2010

you can shrink the pvp.net client by clicking on the side of it and dragging it smaller.

NOOBLOID

09-21-2010

*******http://lh3.ggpht.com/_MvrD2Low99U/TJlFoBuZikI/AAAAAAAAAL4/TyJGgr5lNN0/s576/Screen%20shot%202010-09-22%20at%202.35.57%20AM.png********

first time starting up the game i have this. it doesn't show on the dock nor force close options but it's running and patching.

KRiSP

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOOBLOID View Post
*******http://lh3.ggpht.com/_MvrD2Low99U/TJlFoBuZikI/AAAAAAAAAL4/TyJGgr5lNN0/s576/Screen%20shot%202010-09-22%20at%202.35.57%20AM.png********

first time starting up the game i have this. it doesn't show on the dock nor force close options but it's running and patching.
I'm pretty sure that's because it wasn't made for Mac, there's some fancy shenanigans involving bringing pc things over. hurr; don't ask me about that

All i know is that Need for Speed does that for me as well; as in doesn't show up in force quit or dock menus, but it's definitely around town. Look at your activity moniter (in Applications/Utilities) and it'll be in there, so you know that it's a real application

:P If only i got to be a part of the testing... maybe next time, Riot will choose me

if there's still time Riot, could I help out a bit? I know a lot about Macs, had them throughout my whole life (forcefully :P) and I'd love to help, and I promise I'd give it my all. Thanks again!