League Judgments: Constructive Criticism

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

v3rgil

09-19-2010

isnt it obvious that Riot is bored of writing judgments?

i doupt we will see judgements of old champions

Morrowlife

09-19-2010

I'm not so sure of that. I mean, they did a few old champion spotlights, and are working on more now. What makes you think they won't do the same with Judgements?

InsertCoinToPlay

09-19-2010

Hmm, personally, I don't mind that the Judgements follow the same structure because it makes sense lore-wise. After all, every champions needs to go through the same process to be accepted into the League. Therefore, it makes sense that there would be a familiar structure to every Judgement because the League are treating every potential Champion the same.

If there was too much variation, the League could be accused of bias in some form. That's just my viewpoint anyway, take it as you will.

AstorSapolsky

09-20-2010

I just wrote one that broke the formula a bit for Singed. I think it is different enough without providing the bias that InsertCoin brought up.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

09-20-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rgil View Post

I disagree.

Skribbles

Associate Writer

09-20-2010
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rgil View Post

Heh, it isn't obvious to me, it sort of seems like the opposite. But then again, I don't know what you've seen. ;-)

Also, thanks all for the feedback!

Fennec

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-20-2010

Judgments are just bad. They are always confusing to read and tell us very little other then a quick half a page story(about nothing..).
Nothing Fun to read about nor is there any Deep lore. Im pretty sure every one just skips over them or have no idea what they are.

Traestus

09-20-2010

I think the formula is important, if each champion had a judgement that was unique in both style and substance, it would become quite difficult to make sure everything is together. As much as we all love certain champions, it's...difficult to come up with a moving soliloquy about the exploits of say Kog'Maw. He's a creature that wants to eat everything...ever. The pattern of each judgement means that the starting point is created each time and has a general outline to follow. Which means all of the judgments will stay roughly around the same length and contain content similar in theme.

Imagine how bad it would be on the forums if certain characters had super long judgments and others say Rammus were just

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO EXPOSE YOUR MIND RAMMUS?!?!

Ok.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FennecFoxx View Post
Judgments are just bad. They are always confusing to read and tell us very little other then a quick half a page story(about nothing. Nothing Fun to read about nor is there any Deep lore. Im pretty sure every one just skips over them or have no idea what they are.

I feel quite the opposite. I think that the League Judgement are in a good place - each one offers a similar format that evaluates each individual initial appearance and mannerism as well as offering fans a glimpse of a more in-depth look as to what makes each one tick. Each one seems to be more detailed than the previous, I particularly enjoyed the recently published entry for Sona. I felt that it was very well written; I am fan of this series and appreciate all of your team's creative works as they continue to be shared with the rest of the community.

Each person opinion is definitely valued. I for one think that they have a nice system for the most part.

AlexHardt

09-20-2010

I absolutely agree. When I skim the Judgments, all I see are the same phrases that were there last time because they catch my eye.