The Frozen Nest (Ask Anivia)

12345612 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

10-10-2012

((Believe it or not, it took me a full day of actively checking for posts to realize that you weren't me.

The conflicting emotions you've caused are hard to describe. I've been a forum lurker since around the time Fizz started his column. By the time I had read your third post, (and subsequently got confused by the antics of "Ask Anivia") I had fallen in love with the character that you illuminated, the style with which you wrote, and the overall professionallity of your posts. I was incredibly envious of your tallent. I also remember watching your Shaco get Talon'd (Yeah, it's a verb), another superb character. Didn't love that one so much, but it was amazing to read.

Then you began to branch out as your reputation as a role player grew. Even as your time on the boards became shorter, your influence and role as a community leader grew. You are, without a doubt, a legend here.

To recieve praise from you, especially such high praise, is like a high-schooler getting thanked by Einstein for scientific advancement. This is my first ever attempt at creative writing, let alone RPing a champion, and I thank you for your encouragement.

To find that I've beaten you out of your return to the board is painful. I never signed up to be the one who kicks out the most well liked role player of the forums!

If you would like to take back the role, I would be the last to try to stop you. Your input is always appreciated, as is your watchfullness over these boards.

I only wish I had taken the opportunity sooner to role play with you, rather than after you.))

NullAurelian

10-10-2012

((sorry, has to be said but.... d'aaaawwwwww okay, done with the OOC))

Ask Anivia

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
((Believe it or not, it took me a full day of actively checking for posts to realize that you weren't me.

The conflicting emotions you've caused are hard to describe. I've been a forum lurker since around the time Fizz started his column. By the time I had read your third post, (and subsequently got confused by the antics of "Ask Anivia") I had fallen in love with the character that you illuminated, the style with which you wrote, and the overall professionallity of your posts. I was incredibly envious of your tallent. I also remember watching your Shaco get Talon'd (Yeah, it's a verb), another superb character. Didn't love that one so much, but it was amazing to read.

Then you began to branch out as your reputation as a role player grew. Even as your time on the boards became shorter, your influence and role as a community leader grew. You are, without a doubt, a legend here.

To recieve praise from you, especially such high praise, is like a high-schooler getting thanked by Einstein for scientific advancement. This is my first ever attempt at creative writing, let alone RPing a champion, and I thank you for your encouragement.

To find that I've beaten you out of your return to the board is painful. I never signed up to be the one who kicks out the most well liked role player of the forums!

If you would like to take back the role, I would be the last to try to stop you. Your input is always appreciated, as is your watchfullness over these boards.

I only wish I had taken the opportunity sooner to role play with you, rather than after you.))
(Oh hello there. Great job and keep it up.

Love you both.)

The Cryophoenix

10-11-2012

Quote:

((From the old Anivia, don't let the similar names confuse you!

Oh don't worry about me dear, my time is sadly up. ^.^ Had I picked up Anivia I would really do no real RP with her, and only sparingly replied to questions on her Ask Board. It's likely for the best that I let Anivia pass on to the next RPer, and I'm quite thankful that it is you because I think you'll do her justice as I once did! Your effort makes you stand out from most others, you really work hard on your posts and staying in character, and my "Read what Ask-Champs say in the Champion's Voice" works amazingly with you. <3

You really flatter me, and I thank you for your kind words! I don't want to honk my own horn of course, but saying that I inspired anyone to take up the mantle or just to start writing in general is the greatest compliment anyone can give me. The world needs more writers and more imagination I'd always say!

I don't think I'll be picking up Anivia again though, I think my time as an Ask Champ is up. ^.^ I'm just happy she ended up in your hands after mine, and I think you'll be great with her! I thank you for your offer, but the role of Mother Hen is yours now.

Oh and please add me as a friend on LoL! This is my main account. <3

Now I don't want to spam the first few pages of your new Ask Thread with only OOC posts, so to anyone else who is reading this! As my final request, please ask this Anivia plenty of questions and keep her thread bumped for at least for her first few days. <3 ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Anivia View Post
(Oh hello there. Great job and keep it up.

Love you both.)
(( I guess we're multiplying! <3 ))

Mister Crow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

((Oh god, TriNivia. I think Brand was wrong. Frozen apocolypse incoming.))

Cryphoenix,

Does it ever frustrate you that the League allows certain champions like Fizz or Riven to simply jump through your Crystallize? It always seemed a bit off to me.

-James

Nwol

10-11-2012

[ http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/107 ]

I'm curious about your knowledge of Frost based enchantments and weaponry that seems to be similar to the type. Possibly any native metals or even foreign that are resistant to frost. As for something not relating to combat, are you able to take other forms? I have heard of other Pheonix's that could do such, but ultimately did not prefer it.

-Tekun Valos

Dear Cryophoenix

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Crow View Post
((Oh god, TriNivia. I think Brand was wrong. Frozen apocolypse incoming.))

Cryphoenix,

Does it ever frustrate you that the League allows certain champions like Fizz or Riven to simply jump through your Crystallize? It always seemed a bit off to me.

-James
Anivia sighs, "I like to think that patience is limitless, but Fizz may be the one champion that can really break me down. As he slides through his own minions, he's nearly impossible to target, and even when a strike seems iminent, he can simply jump away. If you've ever seen the Trickster's acrobatics at work, it wouldn't surprise you that he can jump right over my wall. It's much more disconcerting when he boars directly through it to stab me on the other side with his electrified trident.

By now, it's hardly a surprise. League sanctions allow many to pass through the ice: Ahri, Akali, Amumu, Diana, Fiora, Fizz, Gragas, Graves, Hecarim, Irelia, Lee Sin, Malphite, Master Yi, Nautilus, Nidalee, Poppy, Renekton, Rengar, Riven, Sejuani, Tryndamere, Wukong, and Xin Zhao can all pass through it inexplicably, while many others simply sail over it. It is merely another consideration to take into account on the battlefield."

Dear Cryophoenix

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
[ http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/107 ]

I'm curious about your knowledge of Frost based enchantments and weaponry that seems to be similar to the type. Possibly any native metals or even foreign that are resistant to frost. As for something not relating to combat, are you able to take other forms? I have heard of other Pheonix's that could do such, but ultimately did not prefer it.

-Tekun Valos
Hello Tekun,

I am as close to a physical incarnation of frost magic as exists in this world, and my knowledge if it is more extensive than you could possibly imagine. Of metals, I know very little. Most metals that I have encountered become extremely brittle when exposed to extreme cold temperatures. While some do retain their strength, and have even served as armor for me, I am quite unable to engage in the mining of metals and ores. Perhaps you would be better served directing this question to Malphite.

Enchantment is a complicated story. You must be as familiar as I with the Frozen Mallet of the league artifacts, and Ashe's enchanted crystal arrow is a sight to behold, yet these are not items that I could replicate. You'll notice that my body is adorned with runes and glyphs. In my homeworld, such markings were regarded as a birthmark of sorts, and little was made of them. Ryze tells me, however, that these runes are very similar to those used for the control of ice magics. While I have never myself engaged in the enchantment of items, but there were times on my homeworld that civilizations powerful with magic would send the phoenixes acolytes to serve as liaison to their people and aid us in our own daily lives. These acolytes often gained great power in the element under which they served, and created artifacts that rival those of the league. The passing of such power has never been a goal of mine, but it stands to reason that there is much to be learned. Again, the scholars of your world would be much greater sources of this knowledge than I.

As for the changing of forms, all know that I can assume the form you see, and that of the egg that will form when this body dies. This is certainly not a power that is under my control, but a change in form nonetheless. As a Cryophoenix, I am perhaps less maleable to change than a phoenix of fire, or electricity. I suppose I could coax more ice onto my form, but that would seem very unwieldy to me. If I could take a humanoid form, it would certainly aid in my dealings with your people... but no, even the thought of it is uncomfortable to me. Transformational magics certainly work on me, though. Rest assured, being turned into a squirrel, cat, or cupcake by Lulu is most unpleasant.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Nwol

10-11-2012

Quote:
Hello Tekun,

I am as close to a physical incarnation of frost magic as exists in this world, and my knowledge if it is more extensive than you could possibly imagine. Of metals, I know very little. Most metals that I have encountered become extremely brittle when exposed to extreme cold temperatures. While some do retain their strength, and have even served as armor for me, I am quite unable to engage in the mining of metals and ores. Perhaps you would be better served directing this question to Malphite.

Enchantment is a complicated story. You must be as familiar as I with the Frozen Mallet of the league artifacts, and Ashe's enchanted crystal arrow is a sight to behold, yet these are not items that I could replicate. You'll notice that my body is adorned with runes and glyphs. In my homeworld, such markings were regarded as a birthmark of sorts, and little was made of them. Ryze tells me, however, that these runes are very similar to those used for the control of ice magics. While I have never myself engaged in the enchantment of items, but there were times on my homeworld that civilizations powerful with magic would send the phoenixes acolytes to serve as liaison to their people and aid us in our own daily lives. These acolytes often gained great power in the element under which they served, and created artifacts that rival those of the league. The passing of such power has never been a goal of mine, but it stands to reason that there is much to be learned. Again, the scholars of your world would be much greater sources of this knowledge than I.

As for the changing of forms, all know that I can assume the form you see, and that of the egg that will form when this body dies. This is certainly not a power that is under my control, but a change in form nonetheless. As a Cryophoenix, I am perhaps less maleable to change than a phoenix of fire, or electricity. I suppose I could coax more ice onto my form, but that would seem very unwieldy to me. If I could take a humanoid form, it would certainly aid in my dealings with your people... but no, even the thought of it is uncomfortable to me. Transformational magics certainly work on me, though. Rest assured, being turned into a squirrel, cat, or cupcake by Lulu is most unpleasant.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix
"You're speaking of Runeic Magic. Remarkable that your kind are simply born with such powerful markings. Rune Magic is a very powerful thing indeed...I learned the hard way centuries ago. In any case...I'd be quite interested in any information exchange you could provide in terms of studying these markings, with your permission of course. And it's a pity you can't...I've experienced poly-morph as well. Less lethal and more embarrassing. I'm sure you could find one less insane to deal with if you ever wished for a more practical form."

-Tekun Valos

Dear Cryophoenix

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
"You're speaking of Runeic Magic. Remarkable that your kind are simply born with such powerful markings. Rune Magic is a very powerful thing indeed...I learned the hard way centuries ago. In any case...I'd be quite interested in any information exchange you could provide in terms of studying these markings, with your permission of course. And it's a pity you can't...I've experienced poly-morph as well. Less lethal and more embarrassing. I'm sure you could find one less insane to deal with if you ever wished for a more practical form."

-Tekun Valos
Unfortunately, I know little more about the runes on my body, though I have been told they adorn my egg when I fall in battle as well. You may study them at your leisure... you would certainly not be the first to so, nor the last. I know that Ryze took great pains to copy the runes precisely, and I'm sure they would be available at the University as well.

Bear in mind, young one, that I have had this body for thousands of lives. The humanoid form is far from the most inconvenient I have had to adapt to; I have no real desire to change. I do thank you for your concern.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

12345612 ... 16