Viktor's Augments should give effects to all of his abilities

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaddar

10-10-2012

Viktor NEEDS a second-tier of augments.

CragBlade

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaddar View Post
Viktor NEEDS a second-tier of augments.
What problems does this actually address? It just creates even more problems just to solve 1 out of like 3-4. Sure the item is now worth a slot, but his Death Augment will most likely still be the strongest still and make the other 2 Augments even more outshined. He was designed to be able to equally choose between 3 mage playstyles. Making him spend even more gold just to get another stat stick bonus that will probably still outshine the blue and yellow augments isn't going to solve the long term problems.

Drozzi

10-10-2012

I absolutely love this idea.
Would make him so much more versatile.

Siky

10-11-2012

I like the idea, but I would also like it if they targeted the augment's price to particular roles as well. I like some of SoBeNirvana's ideas, but I would probably shift around his gameplay further by instead of choosing a class, I would kind of following along the ideas already implemented.

Augment: Power
Theme: A yellow mark appears on targets for 2 seconds when abilities hit them, which can be auto-attacked to amplify his own strength. 1000g.
- Power Transfer leaves a mark on target when hit, if auto-attacked will increase Viktor's movement speed by % of the target's movement speed for 3 seconds.
- Gravity Field marks anyone that gets stunned, if auto-attacked will grant Viktor % of the target's armor and magic resistance for 6 seconds.
- Death Ray leaves a mark on all targets hit, auto-attacking heals Viktor for a % of the damage dealt.

Augment: Gravity

Theme: Leaves a blue mark on the target that affects the gravity of Viktor, his allies and his enemies when auto-attacked. 400g (allows for 1 ward, as to play support).
- Power Transfer leaves a mark on the target that steals % of the target's attack speed for 3 seconds when auto-attacked.
- Gravity Field marks all targets inside and when they are auto-attacked by Viktor are stunned instantly and the mark is removed.
- Death Ray leaves a mark on the target that steals % of their movement speed for 2 seconds when auto-attacked.

Augment: Death
Theme: Leaves red mark on target that increases damage done by Viktor. 1000g.
- Power Transfer leaves a mark that deals bonus magic damage
- Gravity Field increases the damage taken by Viktor's attacks to those caught in it.
- Death Ray leaves a mark on target that burns them for an additional % for 4 seconds, attacking it deals the damage instantly.

Viktor's Ultimate, "Chaos Storm" activates all marks it hits for Viktor if it affects him in any way, otherwise it simply activates the effect of the mark.

Lots of marks, everywhere, but I like the whole mark gameplay and Viktor simply auto-attacks so much. Also Chaos Storm kind of fizzles out after the initial hit so getting a little more bonus damage spikes after it's already out and kind of far from you would be nice.

Brobat

10-11-2012

I prefer the idea that he should be able to buy all 3 Upgrades (each combining into the one item) so that he is able to get the upgrade for each ability if he is willing to spend the money on it. This way he doesnt fall off super late game due to 5 item slots and has much more options for early game (which augments in what order and what items to go with them etc)

Urfman

10-11-2012

bump!

Fongletto

10-11-2012

Riot will never do this because of "burden of knowledge". They have stressed forever that anything that requires you to think or work things out in any kind of way is considered to much of a burden of knowledge.

jakeoti

10-11-2012

I'm just gonna leave this here...

CragBlade

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fongletto View Post
Riot will never do this because of "burden of knowledge". They have stressed forever that anything that requires you to think or work things out in any kind of way is considered to much of a burden of knowledge.
It isnt too much of a burden of knowledge compared to 103 other champions existing and things like Syndra, Lee Sin, Zyra, Orianna etc.,