World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SublimeIbanez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

So.. in the future, it's nice to know I can cheat and win the million dollars while only losing about 30k.. RESTART THE DAMN GAMES!

GrimoireM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I kinda have to agree. Forcing a remake, then disqualifying the team, would be an acceptable alternative. The financial cut feels like a time saving constraint. There was a clear violation of policy, but I feel like the policy itself is the problem. In the future, please take an approach that offers a one time fair for both sides by and remake, followed by a disqualification if the team cheats again. This should be the standard in the case of a simple, yet obvious abuse, such as screen cheating to scout the opposing team. Use it simply because you may run into scenarios like this one, where you cannot ensure either team can cheat.

KJNG

10-10-2012

it's okay, enron, you can lie on your tax returns and make an extra 100 million, but don't think we won't fine your sorry ass with 200 grand.

lel what a joke. i think most of us know that tsm would have lost, but this decision is *****s.

Luciouse

10-10-2012

@RIOT

If a team can cheat, and get fined but still move on, they are only benefiting. What is the point of not cheating? It helps your team win which = access to bigger prize pools. Who cares if you deduct a little from the sides, they only benefited. Makes no sense at all.

Redrowen

10-10-2012

It basically amounts to a $30,000 power boost to start the game.

$30,000 would be a lot to pay out of pocket for sure but when it's just subtracted from your current winnings it hardly strikes home to the players. It's just money they never seen while continuing on for a WHOLE lot more money.

I understand though the main reason they won't do a rematch is the time it would take to put it all together and the delays it would cause for Match 3 & season finals.

Beneke Smith

10-10-2012

1,000,000 - 30,000 = profit

ThyHate

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunxlinger View Post
Hey TSM fanboy's. Dyrus also looked back.
Hey personwhocantreadthepost, they restarted the game.

MiaoLong

10-10-2012

30,000 dollars is not a small fine.

smh these guys are not millionaires. That could buy you a car, a decent house, or 4 years of college.

PowerSmoker

10-10-2012

this is the main reason why i left FPS games due to non stop cheating . 3 years / 2 months , i been playing this game and i enjoy the fact that u can't just start cheating . unless you are a fool trying to look over @ your enemies screen .

RiotGames , you have done justice to bring this matter in detail to all of us wondering what was going with the famous videos that hit the forums about Tournament cheating .

thank you again

GrizlakMonger

10-10-2012

I think the biggest thing here is how unfair it was to the players to even have that temptation there. Peaking at the screen can happen almost instinctively without constant vigilance. Its not fair that they have to first of all remind themselves not to turn their heads, but there is also the added stress of hoping your teammates don't ruin things for you by peaking, and also the paranoia of the other team getting an advantage by doing so without getting caught (which will also increase the instinct of peaking for yourself).

Imagine taking a test to determine your most important grade in a university, and the teacher puts all the solutions on the board and says you aren't allowed to look at them, and will fail the course if you do. You must look at your test at all times. This test suddenly becomes a lot more stressful even if you have no intention of cheating at all. You are nervous innocent head movements may get you in trouble. You are nervous your peers may deviously see the solutions without getting caught, thus lowering your grade on the curve. Then you must also just focus CONSTANTLY to not let your instinctive self peek up for a split second at a really frustrating moment during the test. I think this is a similar situation and can only detract from the quality of play exhibited. Just a momentary lapse of self-control (btw, humans do NOT have perfect uninterrupted self control, and self control is depleted with stress and mental fatigue from prolonged mental exertion) can cost you everything, even if you deeply did not have any malicious intents and wouldn't condone yourself peeking up.

But you guys have already realized this to be the case, so I guess this doesn't really add anything to the conversation.