World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vencu

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftGarrow View Post
Who are you - and riot for the matter - to say who would have won the lane?

Honestly, people need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that LoL is an incredibly sensitive game.

First blood > Won lane > Champion getting fed > Champion carrying > Champion aiding severely to their victory

And, please, tell me reds - how does this not change the game?

Honestly, $30k going into YOUR pockets does not replace the chance at $1 million lost by TSM due to this.

(Not even a TSM fanboy.)
the 30k isn't going into riot's pockets it is going into a charity, re read first post before you say they get the money

Cadavir

10-10-2012

I seriously think some of these matches should be done over.

Frost is a great team, but Riot clearly doesn't realize how strong an early start can be.

They counter-jungled Shyvana, so Shyvana was forced to stay in the jungle longer. Because of this, Shyvana couldn't gank any lane like,say, top. without the jungler being able to interfere as often for fear of falling behind, Dyrus lost his top. Jayce gained massive gold and snowballed.

A money penalty is stupid. Have the teams fight again, without ANY sort of cheating advantage. How do you know Frost didn't cheat any more? this was the only one you were able to confirm through pinging and such, but what if they used map names to cheat?

Like if Frost had said that one champion is at blue, or wraiths, etc.

This isn't sufficient justice for me. Frost is a great team, but so is TSM. and in a fight so close, this is unacceptable. Have them do over the match

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

seems fair

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Ok, Riot wins.

Gigadunker

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirigu View Post
Based on what you have written here in this thread I firmly believe that AZF should be disqualified from the tournament!

A measly 30k fine is not going to be any real big loss!

BTW, in any other sports venue cheating is a violation of game rules and is punishable by disqualification.
Rules violations are also often subject to fines, just as it was here.

do work56

10-10-2012

we want rematches not fines who are you guys roger goodell?

heavnlyhell

10-10-2012

it is pretty funny how both teams looked at the screen, but one has to pay fine because one obtained information while the other didn't. So is looking at the screen against the rules or obtaining information?

Besides, Riot should've came up with better design than players able to look at the livestream screen when they turn their head slightly.... Besides, weren't they streaming it using the spectator mode? which should have 3 min delay?

Expertise

10-10-2012

Glad this was handled professionally.

However,

Azubu Frost cheated...and in tournament matches even extremely little advantages can lead to wins...I don't see how a $30000 fine is even a consideration...they should just be DQ'd. Cheating is cheating there's no excuse around that.

Even though Azubu Frost did have a fantastic game 2, game 1 could have been solely determined by the screen watch by Azubu Frost which is what I don't like at all.

Should be DQ'd. A fine doesn't do anything...they still have a chance to win a million bucks and just laugh away at your fine. Let's be real here.

ButterySteelo

10-10-2012

Here is a thought - remove stage screens or place them at a vantage point un-viewable to the competitors

*GASP*

Food4Thought

10-10-2012

IF AZF wins this tourny, their asses better have a ****ing asterisk next to their names in any form of content that has their name on it. that asterisk better note that they cheated to ****ing win. because that is bull****.