World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raisu

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJay Saint View Post
So let me get this straight. Azubu Frost blatantly cheated and it was proven with hard evidence. They modified their play at level 1 upon seeing TSM's position which obviously had an impact on the game.

So they just get a small fine? However, at MLG both Curse and Dignitas are completely stripped of their prize money and disqualified from the tournament for allegations with NO HARD EVIDENCE of possibly sharing prize money.

So a team that blatantly cheats and gets caught with hard evidence barely gets a slap on the hand, while two teams are severely punished for an event of which there is absolutely 0 hard evidence of?

Even if Curse and Dignitas did agree to share prize money after MLG, that in no way affected the tournament outcome at all. Azubu Frost CHEATED to win. CHEATED. That DOES affect the outcome of the rest of the tournament.

I didn't follow the MLG finals but from what i can see, Curse/Dignitas instead of giving the tournament finals the kind of match it deserved, turned it into joke with an ARAM entirely upon their agreement to share the prize money.

As for this changing of level 1 tactics having the advantage of ill-gotten knowledge, i can't even begin to tell you how many matches iv seen where the team who didnt get first blood ended up winning the match.

That said, First Blood is a good lead, but doesn't determine the overall outcome of the game and can easily be overcome.

Malgana

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirodir View Post
Good job guys.
I'd still love to know WHY you didn't save the team-audio. And I hope one of you will shed some light on this.
Probably because they're totally incompetent, putting GIANT SCREENS displaying player locations directly behind the players should have told you people this, but apparently it did not.

LeftGarrow

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
I think it's pretty obvious that Dyrus was going to lose that lane regardless of what happened.
Who are you - and riot for the matter - to say who would have won the lane?

Honestly, people need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that LoL is an incredibly sensitive game.

First blood > Won lane > Champion getting fed > Champion carrying > Champion aiding severely to their victory

And, please, tell me reds - how does this not change the game?

Honestly, $30k going into some charity's pockets (does anyone really trust any charities?) does not replace the chance at $1 million lost by TSM due to this.

(Not even a TSM fanboy.)

Reldar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NebulaRed View Post
I don't think AzF should be disqualified when only 1 player cheated like some people are saying - but if the cheating DID affect the game then there really should be a rematch...
Do you know what a team is?
Teams are always punished and rewarded as a team, it's what being a team IS.

EFG

10-10-2012

If you were caught peeking at your opponents hands at the magic: the gathering world champs that would not be a warning it would be an automatic disqualification.

The prize pool for the mtg world champs sure as hell isn't $2mill.

That said, the way riot had the minimaps set up was ridiculous.

Gigadunker

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodyboom View Post
im not the onw to brag but really 30000 to the tournament? i mean we all love your game but i think they can handle themselves.
the 30,000 goes to charity, not the tournament

Catmurderer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

"Why would we go to Korea? To learn to cheat?"

Slavik1

10-10-2012

Although Game Loss, DQ, rematch or other harsh punishments seem appropriate, Riot did not catch it during the match, there were no hard evidences as saved audio and more importantly, Riot designed booths very badly.

Fact that it was proven a team member was cheating is a big penalty. Who would want to sponsor cheaters? All warned players should have get their face shown on the stream (today & final game) with a big signature "CHEATER" though.

ElementzPRO

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftGarrow View Post
Who are you - and riot for the matter - to say who would have won the lane?

Honestly, people need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that LoL is an incredibly sensitive game.

First blood > Won lane > Champion getting fed > Champion carrying > Champion aiding severely to their victory

And, please, tell me reds - how does this not change the game?

Honestly, $30k going into YOUR pockets does not replace the chance at $1 million lost by TSM due to this.

(Not even a TSM fanboy.)
Dyrus is bad get over it

Yasuchika

10-10-2012

Nothing but praise for your steadfast action here, hoping we'll never find ourselves in a similar situation again!