Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This is an interesting question. There's been some studies showing that if a player believes that 'strategy' is necessary to overcome a challenge, he will keep trying after he fails because he believes 'strategy' is something that can be improved upon.

However, if a player believes that 'physical attributes' like speed or actions-per-minute are necessary to overcome a challenge, the player is more likely to quit after the first few failed attempts because 'physical' speed is something that is difficult to improve.

This study doesn't directly map on to your example, but the similarities are interesting to consider. Ultimately, I'd love to be able to design features that reduce the triggers that cause players to go toxic after a negative outcome.
I think he posts a good question, Dr Lyte, and mebbe you can follow up with this:

Even for support mains, support can often feel like a wasted role b/c there is only so much you can do... Do you think the live team and champion design team could benefit from a psychological study and analysis of what makes a champ "rewarding" to play when they basically deal zero damage?

You cite that ppl often feel they can re-try if "strategy" was the problem, but not if "numbers" are. Often when I play support and give up in a game, it's because I know that I cannot produce the numbers to win... Even when I pull my cc's well, peel well, but just can't actually do anything damage wise, well eventually they're no longer stunned, slowed, w/e and are still at full health :\

I play support a lot, but really feel like too often strategy isn't the problem... Being unable to make a difference even when playing well is :\

wKyATigER

10-10-2012

ok im not sure if you guys do have some sort of reward for being good player but there should be a some kind of reward or all the work so far to honor system will be pointless people will realize there is no point to honor system and they will go back to old time where people bm.

Wickian

10-10-2012

Riot should make so any one player can only be given honor by another one player 2 times at most. That should solve abuses.

CrazyPineapple5

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This already happens. I'm not sure why people aren't checking their e-mails--they'd find an e-mail from the Tribunal and their Reform Card.
My apologies, I wasn't aware of that.

Well thanks for the great system! Hope to see more soon

Aureate Word

10-10-2012

For people who trade honor, I think their Honor should be not only reset to 0, but perhaps they should not be allowed to receive honor from the people they traded with.

Sydafexx

10-10-2012

Why do you reset player's honor after being banned? It's basically like ignoring several hundred games of hard work in light of a few where they were (probably) just rude?

Ned Kelly Au

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydafexx View Post
Why do you reset player's honor after being banned? It's basically like ignoring several hundred games of hard work in light of a few where they were (probably) just rude?
Cause they deserve it. This behaviour is not welcomed in the community.

Sydafexx

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thexHD View Post
Cause they deserve it. This behaviour is not welcomed in the community.
Three games out of 2,000 for instance? that's a .0015% ratio, I guarantee nobody's behavior is perfect 100% of the time.

Aureate Word

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeblade View Post
I've always wondered, and this post was a little more clear or atleast aluded to it, but how can the system take into account friends who generally do make a posotive difference but honor eachother.

In a game recently my team was quite down in both gameplay and in spirit. I was in a great mood at the time due to external events and was making many in game comments from the perspective of taric which were comical. Both my team and the enemy team agreed afterward that i had made the game more enjoyable even when we were getting stomped. My friend was among the ragers on my team and told me he wished he could honor my efforts at raising spirits without it going against the system. A nearly same event happened with us in the reverse and i did not honor him for the same reason.

Is it a meaningless paranoia? Or should we not honor people we play with often for fear of it looking like trading?

How much honor do we need from a single person? I almost want to say that 1 honor per person is enough... what is the point of more honor beyond that?

AsmodeanWoT

10-10-2012

wtf...my honor got reset...when I didn't even do anything to "cheat" or "abuse" the honor system
hell, I never even honored anyone else. The **** is going on?