Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katasumai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I think the overhang idea is great but wouldn't a person sitting near certain ends be able to still look to the side and up a bit? I think best idea with the overhang is a seconded off side wall up near those ends where they'd be able to look up the middle area to the screen to avoid that issue.

Food4Thought

10-10-2012

Just to add something here, Chaox is streaming, so there will NOT be any form of a rematch.
and as such im sure there will be nothing dont to azubu

Daiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Whos bright idea was it to have all the players in the same room as the crowd, let alone a giant screen that they can cheat off of if tempted.
I guarantee every single team in this tournament has got an unfair advantage at some point because of this very flawed setup.

Putzfrau

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
Just to add something here, Chaox is streaming, so there will NOT be any form of a rematch.
and as such im sure there will be nothing dont to azubu

it would be ridiculously hard to make any type of confirmed report of cheating that's isolated only to AF.

if they were to take every photo as "proof" many teams would be at risk.

hell, dyrus is the only one to even admit he looked, even if he did claim the screen was black or whatever excuse there was.

Daiko

10-10-2012

Whos bright idea was it to have all the players in the same room as the crowd, let alone a giant screen that they can cheat off of if tempted.
I guarantee every single team in this tournament has got an unfair advantage at some point because of this very flawed setup.

Posted twice because of my complete confusion in the setup of this tournament.

ImTheFBI

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We obviously decided against sound proof booths for the World Championship. Booths aren't completely soundproof. They still use the same methods as we're doing with headsets - pumping white noise in. Ive talked to a variety of players, and you really have the same exact same issues with booths you can still hear the muffled sound of crowd noise, which can telegraph plays. Its something were constantly thinking about ways of improving.

The reason we went our open headset solution was because we feel strongly that the players should be part of the atmosphere and crowd experience, instead of sectioned off in a booth. This allows the players to be easy to watch and accessible to the live audience.

As for the line of sight issue, we are working to address players not being able to look over the backs and up at the screens. We will be creating an overhang so this is no longer viable, and it'll be fixed for the conclusion of the playoffs as well as the finals.

In the long run, we'll continue looking at our options and picking what we think is best based on feedback and experience. Nothing's off the table.
I've wondered this for quite some time and I've been somewhat answered with the accusations of cheating. When doing live tournaments I figured there was a 3 minute or so delay - just like spectator mode. Why don't live tournaments use this feature, if cheating is such a concern? I mean sound-proofing works somewhat and all, but with live commentary isn't it much more likely that the players would react differently if the commentary were delayed for them rather than hearing "The jungler is coming in through the lane!" and then they back off?

Laurcus

10-10-2012

So uh, less than 2 and a half hours till the games. Didn't Redbeard swear like 10 billion times that they're not trying to sweep the accusations of cheating under the rug, and that the results of their investigation will be posted before the games start?

Not much time left Riot.

JhnnYCrwsh

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
So uh, less than 2 and a half hours till the games. Didn't Redbeard swear like 10 billion times that they're not trying to sweep the accusations of cheating under the rug, and that the results of their investigation will be posted before the games start?

Not much time left Riot.
Sure like to wait until the last minute eh? I wonder if Riot will even address on stream?

ijneR

10-10-2012

I expected better from them this time around, But i think they are dilly-dallying to buy time till matches commence and hoping ppl forget abt it.

Guess what you guys grab the rug, i'll start sweeping.

Let's hope that next time when something like this happens, that they show better initiative than this time around.

I'll be glad if i am proven wrong

JhnnYCrwsh

10-10-2012

I think it would be professional and classy for Redbeard to address these allegations on stream this evening.