About Nerfs

First Riot Post
12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImARobotBoopBeep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-20-2010

To me it feels wrong to nerf any champ at all not only cause it's mostly allways leading them to be either worthless or not beeing able to do what they are suppose to.
At some nerfs you think RIOT is kind of frustrated not knowing what's wrong with their champ so i would just suggest to not nerf champs but buff the others not on that champs level.
I know thats harder to do than just nerfing that one Champ but it would stop this continously growing UP champ pool and hopefully it would make every champ viable and powerful. I hope we someday reach the stadium where all champs are equal (in their class) so there won't be a: if you want to tank go for ... and if you want to go DPS go ... he's the best.
I know that that's hard to do but by nerfing we rather head in the wrong direction. Maybe some champs just need time or others need to be buffed but nerfing them usually never leads somewhere good.
Let's take Jax for example I've seen him in every game when I started playing and i thought "oh man that dude is sick" and yes he was but looking back i think he has just been slightly OP while I could have coutered him now with several champs and in several ways and I would be glad to do so.
Or another example is Pantheon he just looks badass his skills look great from the outside but he's just not what he is meant to be sure he can be played in whatever way I never saw but he's never gonna be the fighter he was.
Or Ezreal he's still a ranged carry but he's been nerfed and nerfed and nerfed and he's still considered OP cause of his flash abilitie and the On-Hit CDR.
Why not revive his normal status just take that passive away and everyone is gonna be happy.
Well thanks for reading all this ^^ goodnight (it's late here thought)

edit: ok im gonna work it over for the kids who never read a book as soon as i got time


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RelaxingBrownies

Senior Member

09-20-2010

my.eyes.burn.wall.of.text.crts.>.9000


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talesdro

Senior Member

09-20-2010

I could not read what you said,but yeah,garen spin needs a nerf.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Butt3r

Senior Member

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leppits View Post
To me it feels wrong to nerf any champ at all not only cause it's mostly allways leading them to be either worthless or not beeing able to do what they are suppose to.
At some nerfs you think RIOT is kind of frustrated not knowing what's wrong with their champ so i would just suggest to not nerf champs but buff the others not on that champs level.
I know thats harder to do than just nerfing that one Champ but it would stop this continously growing UP champ pool and hopefully it would make every champ viable and powerfull. I hope we someday reach the stadium where all champs are equal (in their class) so there won't be a: if you want to tank go for ... and if you want to go DPS go ... he's the best.
I know that that's hard to do but by nerfing we rather head in the wrong direction. Maybe some champs just need time or others need to be buffed but nerfing them usually never leads somewhere good.
Let's take Jax for example I've seen him in every game when I started playing and i thought "oh man that dude is sick" and yes he was but looking back i think he has just been slightly OP while I could have coutered him now with several champs and in several ways and I would be glad to do so.
Or another example is Pantheon he just looks badass his skills look great from the outside but he's just not what he is meant to be sure he can be played in whatever way I never saw but he's never gonna be the fighter he was.
Or Ezreal he's still a ranged carry but he's been nerfed and nerfed and nerfed and he's still considered OP cause of his flash abilitie and the On-Hit CDR.
Why not revive his normal status just take that passive away and everyone is gonna be happy.
Well thanks for reading all this ^^ goodnight (it's late here thought)
I disagree for the following reasons:

1. You admit that it is easier to just nerf one champion, that should be enough reason to nerf a champion. Yet, you say that if you just increased the power of every champion that would nerf the one that is OP making every champion "powerfull" (I assume you mean powerful.) This would only make champions better at killing minions, it wouldn't make anyone more powerful because everyone would be buffed eventually.

2. I touched on this in the first point but this would be a huge waste of Riots time. First you would have to buff every other champ in the game because one champion is OP, then you would have to individually balance every champion that you buffed. It would be like going through Beta testing all over again.

3. All the champions you mentioned had ridiculously OP abilities that made them impossible to kill. Jax could dodge like crazy, had mad hp, and could basically solo any champion in the game. EZ could burst down people so quickly that there was nothing anyone could do to stop him and then ult the entire team (without them hearing the sound of his ult) and could heal the other players on his team. Pantheon could use stun and heartseeker (*which was completely glitched and could cut even a beefy characters HP down by a half or a third) strike with his ulti to kill any carry or dps in turret range.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lockethegreat

Senior Member

09-20-2010

A game of nothing but overpowered heroes seems really frustrating, id like the game to be perfectly balanced of course, but I think its more efficient to nerf the op heroes to a normal level, THEN buff the UP heroes to a playable level. That way, the game can be played while the buffs are happening, instead of the game just being a faceroll.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-20-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Like how Ezreal was ruined by nerfs, and most characters in the game are pretty well-balanced?

Hyperbole says hello.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
There's no general goal - I know the popular answer is "buff when we can!", but I disagree with that generally because it causes power creep and makes the game worse over a long period of time.

Basically, I like to find a "mean" of balance and move other champions towards that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sugar

Senior Member

09-20-2010

tl;dr
OP can't play champs unless they're OP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImARobotBoopBeep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt3r View Post
I disagree for the following reasons:

1. You admit that it is easier to just nerf one champion, that should be enough reason to nerf a champion. Yet, you say that if you just increased the power of every champion that would nerf the one that is OP making every champion "powerfull" (I assume you mean powerful.) This would only make champions better at killing minions, it wouldn't make anyone more powerful because everyone would be buffed eventually.

2. I touched on this in the first point but this would be a huge waste of Riots time. First you would have to buff every other champ in the game because one champion is OP, then you would have to individually balance every champion that you buffed. It would be like going through Beta testing all over again.

3. All the champions you mentioned had ridiculously OP abilities that made them impossible to kill. Jax could dodge like crazy, had mad hp, and could basically solo any champion in the game. EZ could burst down people so quickly that there was nothing anyone could do to stop him and then ult the entire team (without them hearing the sound of his ult) and could heal the other players on his team. Pantheon could use stun and heartseeker (*which was completely glitched and could cut even a beefy characters HP down by a half or a third) strike with his ulti to kill any carry or dps in turret range.
1.Yes i know its kinda hard to do but that's why i said it would be easier to just nerf one. Yes they will get better at killing minions......if they are farming champs i said buff them so they can be puwerful in their own way and so there won't be one perfekt dude for one thing like the best tank or the best carry blah blah.. you understand now ?

2. well you got a point there just don't like the way more and more champs run into the UP pool and never seem to get back.

3. i didn't say don't fix their bugs ect. but there was more nerfing on these champs than just that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bobarabara

Senior Member

09-20-2010

It's all a matter of perspective you say there are OP champs and then a pool of up champs maybe the large pool of up champs Is really all of the balanced champs, and the rest are just op.
But the real issues that there is so much gradation in the power of a champ that you are just glossing over with your thread- there are UP champs but there are also a lot of slightly UP champs that are there only because they don't fit into the current meta
A lot of these champs are call UP because there is one champion who can do their job better and nerving one champ would make a few more champs viable


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImARobotBoopBeep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Like how Ezreal was ruined by nerfs, and most characters in the game are pretty well-balanced?

Hyperbole says hello.

Also:
well i already said this but i'm gonna say it again.
I don't want champs to be buffed to do more DMG i want them to be buffed to do their job as good as all champs of that kind.
So well as this seems to be hard to read out of my post I'm gonna say this in a simple sentence: I want UP champs to get more love a usual OP champ lasts a week till the next patch he's getting highspeed hammernerfed and everyone is happy he's then sitting with his UP friends waiting for about 1-3 months till someone get's on the forum and says "hey do you remember ... he used to be a cool champ" then a loooot later when everyone is upvoting a thread saying "this dude is sooooo lonely" they are finally getting looked at.
I think OP champs should not be priorized above UP champs Jax was considered OP hella long and they didn't die from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarabara View Post
It's all a matter of perspective you say there are OP champs and then a pool of up champs maybe the large pool of up champs Is really all of the balanced champs, and the rest are just op.
But the real issues that there is so much gradation in the power of a champ that you are just glossing over with your thread- there are UP champs but there are also a lot of slightly UP champs that are there only because they don't fit into the current meta
A lot of these champs are call UP because there is one champion who can do their job better and nerving one champ would make a few more champs viable
Yes but when that one champ is getting nerfed isn't there allways one new champ that is then considered OP ?
That's pretty much what I mean if they keep nerfing one champ there is allways gonna be one that is gonna be the best of his kind and imao they could try to fix it this way even if it is difficult but to get every tank champ for example equally good is hard either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockethegreat View Post
A game of nothing but overpowered heroes seems really frustrating, id like the game to be perfectly balanced of course, but I think its more efficient to nerf the op heroes to a normal level, THEN buff the UP heroes to a playable level. That way, the game can be played while the buffs are happening, instead of the game just being a faceroll.
This is what I want to reach by that.
A game of OP champs would be Balanced thought but that's not the case i didn't say overdo all the champs.
What i want to say is for example shen he's just been pretty much the best tank not really OP but just considered to be the best now he got slightly nerfed and now Amumu seems to be the new tanky wonder you get what i want to tell you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
tl;dr
OP can't play champs unless they're OP.
I lol'd


12