Win bot, lose game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paqi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I had gotten pretty frustrated with rampant afks, disconnects, and outright trolling when my teams hit a rough patch. (Newsflash people, this isn't summoner's rift, everyone can get a late-game build and turn things around).

Anyhow, I figured afks and whatnot wouldn't be as common at higher elos, so I decided to pick up a broken character for some free wins. I heard Yorick was OP bot, so I unlocked him and started playing bot exclusively.

He's just as ridiculously easy to play bot as people say he is. My minions are constantly pushed to their turret, and I frequently get it from the other team. The other team routinely sends 2-3 champs at me, leaving windmill and their mid vulnerable to attack.

Buuuut, it doesn't happen. In soloq, one of two things happen:

- We have Windmill, bot and mid, are holding it, and one or more of my idiot teammates will decide to push bot with me, leaving the rest of my team vulnerable to being slaughtered in the jungle, leaving mid vulnerable to backdooring, and making windmill hard to defend.

- The other team has sent 2 or 3 champs bot. Rather than using the opportunity to take windmill, or their mid, a couple teammates will walk ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE MAP to try to save bot, arrive too late, and die when trying to tower-dive bot.

At first, I thought it was a fluke, but it was consistently happening EVERY GAME. Instead of getting easy elo, my elo's plummeted. I've reached elo-depths so low that I'm getting quandra kills with Alistar now.

tl;dr Winning bot causes a lot of soloq Dominion players to spend too much time bot, leaving the rest of the map weakly defended.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

have you tried explaining this to the players in game? massive pings can also help if you can spare to keep an eye on what is going on and be a sort of bot lane commander. or, if all else fails, you could always (not recommended) just yell at anyone the second that they set foot in bot lane to "gtfo". this has the negative side affect of them not liking you and not helping get your bot back though haha. But you could always ping them with a yellow ping if they are sitting bot with you for too long.

Sazdek

10-10-2012

tis truly a quandary how one gets quandra kills.

Paqi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamm3rhand View Post
have you tried explaining this to the players in game? massive pings can also help if you can spare to keep an eye on what is going on and be a sort of bot lane commander. or, if all else fails, you could always (not recommended) just yell at anyone the second that they set foot in bot lane to "gtfo". this has the negative side affect of them not liking you and not helping get your bot back though haha. But you could always ping them with a yellow ping if they are sitting bot with you for too long.
I started every game with an explanation, but there's always one or two players that outright ignore me.

Retreat pings might be a good additional step though

Infirc

10-10-2012

Duo queue, one in bot and one in top mean that you will get high quality ganks/counterganks while still being able to assert soome control on top, the best way i've found in rising DOminion Elo isnt even with a premade, it's with a Tio queue, 1 bot and 2 top, let the other 2 top be random guys.i dont know why, but it works.

urmamasllama

10-10-2012

just tell them to go top repeatedly
in fact have in ready to ctrl+v

Hamm3rhand

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paqi View Post
I started every game with an explanation, but there's always one or two players that outright ignore me.

Retreat pings might be a good additional step though
in general i find people don't take well to explanations at the beginning of the game. its hard to do it right without sounding condescending, because you are basically telling them they don't know how to play. Offering the advice during the game as the certain situations arise would be more accepted generally, as people do recognize when they are losing, and so offering them a solution at that point would result in them paying more attention to it.

Hypersauce

10-10-2012

It really has nothing to do with winning bot, people are just stupid. I've had plenty of wins thrown because people decide to just have 3 bot for no reason or to roam around the middle of the map running in circles.

People get so obsessed with having the highest score in dominion that it ends up losing the game for them, but hey at least they can say "I'm in first place so all of your criticism is unfounded".