"Relax, it's Dominion"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Divergence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Feedings happens in everygamemode lolwutwtfknownotthingaboutdominionpotato? Now please do yourself and all of us a favor and go abck TO Sr with the pack of trolls you belong to.
I don't know how you can honestly think people can't get fed in dominion. I've seen some bruisers/hyper carries get so out of control in Dominion that they can 1v4 no problem.

Divergence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
Excuse me, we have balance issues because SR has an entire lane that's completely broken. Our OP champions are the same toxic ones from SR: all the top laners. And, just for variety, we toss in stuff like Lulu and Janna because when you have actual combat (unlike SR), combat supports are rather effective.

Now, unlike SR, we don't have stuff like farmed as hell bot/mid laners stomping an entire team to worry about because we have assassins jumping on their ass from two minutes in the game. I'd consider that a hell of a lot more balanced than having three characters with gold meeting up at 15/30 minutes in to fight over dragon and baron/base towers while your support is pretty much a walking ward and aura dispenser and the jungler is equally starved unless they got a ton of ganks off.
I'm not sure if I read your first statement right.. are you saying that SR top laners are overpowered? If that's the case I'm going to have to disagree. Top lane tends to be the lane that sees the fewest bans. Granted, Shen and Malphite are extremely good in top lane and very ban worthy but more often than not you see bans going out on supports, junglers, and midlaners. Morgana, Evelynn, TF, Alistar, Blitzcrank and Ezreal are seeing a huge amount of bans right now and none of them are even moderately viable for top.

I think you're also forgetting many how many of the popular supports right now have active roles. Blitzcrank, Sona and Taric all provide active roles to their teams. Blitzcrank hooks can turn games, Sona's ult is HUGE, not to mention her early game burst and Taric's stun/ult/shatter combo makes him excellent at grabbing kills early/mid game.

Edit: sorry about the double post!

DaRatmastah

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divergence View Post
I don't know how you can honestly think people can't get fed in dominion. I've seen some bruisers/hyper carries get so out of control in Dominion that they can 1v4 no problem.

5 kills on SR = 1500 Gold(ish)
5 kills on CS = 500 Gold(ish)

It takes a hell of a lot more kills on dominion to truly snowball out of control. That extra longsword or amplifying tome really isn't going to make THAT much of a difference, but an extra BF sword or Sheen totally will.

Divergence

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRatmastah View Post
5 kills on SR = 1500 Gold(ish)
5 kills on CS = 500 Gold(ish)

It takes a hell of a lot more kills on dominion to truly snowball out of control. That extra longsword or amplifying tome really isn't going to make THAT much of a difference, but an extra BF sword or Sheen totally will.
Kills are also a lot easier to come by on Dominion than on SR. People are dying constantly.

DaRatmastah

10-10-2012

Quote:
Kills are also a lot easier to come by on Dominion than on SR. People are dying constantly.
By that same measure that would mean that you and your team should be getting kills consistently as well. If there's a massive differential then it's not because of getting fed and snowballing with items, it's because you're getting outplayed, which probably wouldn't be happening if you took the game mode a little more seriously.

HaIfhearted

10-10-2012

Yo Divergence, I kind of understand where you are coming from.

You come to Dominion to have fun and chill in an unranked game mode.
That's fine. That's cool. That's what normals are for.

--

However, the basic problem that Dominion has right now is that we don't have a ranked environment to play in for the people who are serious about Dominion.

Basically, Riot has forced all the try-hards and the casuals into the same play-pen.

This results in serious Dominion players being forced to play normals with more casual players like yourself, and that's a pretty bad combination.

The guys you were talking to take Dominion very seriously. These are guys who would be, if given the option, hanging out in ranked instead of normals.
They do their damnedest to win every game, and are fairly knowledgeable about Dominion.

When you basically write-off Dominion as a casual and non-competitive mode, it gets people mad.
Because they care.

I understand wanting to relax and just **** around. That's what normals are supposed to be for, right?
But you must understand that saying so in the Dom forums is going to bring a hornets nest of haters down on you, because many SR players have basically used that attitude to trash-talk Dominion in a very unfriendly way, and these guys are sick and tired of it.

Sorry for the wall of text.

SuperQuackDuck

10-10-2012

^ said as if he isnt part of the group of people who care :3

Divergence

10-10-2012

I won't quote you on that Halfhearted because I don't want to repost the wall of text, but I see what you're saying.

I just don't really understand how the try-hard dominion players can't accept (or comprehend?) the position they're in. If somebody queues into dominion realizing there is no ranking system then they must accept that some people are just not going to take it as seriously as others might.

It stinks of elitism; if people can't handle players playing the game the way they want to then they should find a game that isn't team based. If there was an official ranking system then I would absolutely agree with OP's post but until then I just don't see it.

To me, a lack of a ranking system says "do whatever is the most fun". Some of my most enjoyable league of legends experiences were playing a ridiculous battle Soraka build in dominion. I lost HORRIBLY but I laughed so hard I almost cried for the majority of the game.

Edit: forgot to mention that I love dominion, think it's a sweet game mode and am not trying to **** talk with you guys. Just trying to discuss points of view.

HaIfhearted

10-10-2012

Well, that's just the problem with the system right now.
Right now, I and many other fans of Dominion are just waiting for Riot to release ranked Dominion in season 3.

As to the elitism thing, that's just how people are, oftentimes myself sadly included.

Also, it was only for a while, but we DID have a ranking system.
We used to be able to pull the hidden elo used in matchmaking straight from Riots servers, and this data was compiled into "ladders" for people to see exactly how they compared to everyone else.

So this has given serious Dominion players another reason to try hard.
Even though Riot "fixed" their servers so we can't check our Dominion elo anymore, everyone knows who the high elo guys are, and can use the people they see in solo q games to roughly gauge how high up they are right now.

Infirc

10-10-2012

Quote:
Exactly and the gold penalization for Dying sprees here is actually harsher kill someone 4 times and he'll en up giving 12 gold, kill someone the same amount of times in Sr and he'll still give you 214 gold, Bruisers can go out of control but i assure it's rather for them being toxic overall than for snowball reason 3000gold on a bruiser are worth more than 3000gold on say an AP carry tbh since bruisers benefit from so many stats that getting a fair share of them is far better than just stacking one. also the armor Pen aura makes bruisers have their way here too.