Soraka mid?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phatmonkey91

10-10-2012

Hey ive seen people do this a few times have seen it work more than it has failed, and was wondering if learning how to soraka mid was very difficult, i mean im sure it takes time to pick up but would you guys say she is easy to learn how to mid or hard?

Kaalika

10-10-2012

I just wish Soraka going mid would say so and not waste my time when I'm prepared to bring Sona as support then think "oh, Soraka locked in we need a tank I'd better pick something else."

Tires

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatmonkey91 View Post
Hey ive seen people do this a few times have seen it work more than it has failed, and was wondering if learning how to soraka mid was very difficult, i mean im sure it takes time to pick up but would you guys say she is easy to learn how to mid or hard?
I've only seen it once (outside of tournament play) and although we won I don't think the Soraka was the reason. She looked like she needed to back often and late game she did very little damage (and had to be close to do it). I would not suggest learning her if you're asking how to learn her, she's one of those niche champions that only people that are good learn and only for very specific team comps (such as protect the KogMaw).

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-10-2012

From my understanding of Midraka, her main use is to try to shut down the opposing mid. As most mids are APs, having an instant silence (not travel time), heal, and MR aura, as well as the ability to push waves, she can be pretty annoying. That said she isn't a mage, she's still a support through and through. This means that come late game if you don't have a mage somewhere else, your team is going to be missing some heavy magic damage, burst, and CC potential.

RiotKTGoldwolf

Assistant Producer

10-10-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
From my understanding of Midraka, her main use is to try to shut down the opposing mid. As most mids are APs, having an instant silence (not travel time), heal, and MR aura, as well as the ability to push waves, she can be pretty annoying.
Pretty much this I think. Most mids hate dealing with that much silencing ability, and her heals will keep her from going anywhere during laning.

I think the idea of the build is to go for late game wide-area magic damage from her Starcalls and Wishes that heal for GIANT amounts of HP. I Won't say that it's all together a terrible idea - it's really the opportunity cost that you could still have many of these effects and a much more heavy bursting mid if Soraka supports. (That, and she's so good at supporting to begin with.)

That said - if you can put together a team that can take advantage of the defense shred on her starcall, it could be a pretty fun composition.