Riot you need to do something...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I would like to make a series of points here... First of all:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerHer View Post
You guys have a responsibility to uphold the integrity of ranked.
This is false. They have no responsibility to do this, they have NO responsibility to you, and they have no responsibility to the game. If you even bothered reading the terms of use, you would know this. If they do nothing about the problem, would it make them look bad? Would it make them lose customers? Yes. Are you entitled to have your ass wiped by Riot employees? No.

Quote:
Make a ****ing vote kick in champ select. By not doing this you are enabling people to ruin the game and waste 4 other peoples time (40 minutes to an hour).
In theory this would work quite well, but what's to stop premades from abusing the system? What stops trolls from ruining it? If you kick them at champ select, can't they just requeue? If you make it so they can't requeue for 30 minutes, then the system is even MORE susceptible to abuse. I would also predict that this would lengthen queue times dramatically.

Quote:
Oh great I get to report some guy I'll never play with again. Like I really care, I don't want to play with him
No one wants to play with him. Report them so other people don't have to either, you don't report out of personal vengeance but as a public service.

Quote:
Dodge, lose elo, and 30 minute ban
You don't lose elo for dodging and you are more than welcome to play custom games during this time.

Quote:
WOW, got just got banned for a day for dodging a troll team. This is ****ing STUPID
Unless you dodged IN-GAME you can't get banned for a day. Most likely you were banned as a result of negative behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterImage2408 View Post
Why not? it could be a seperate exclusive members ranked que which would make more money thus elminating randoms just queing up .
If your paying to be a "Member" you are more likely to play competitively because why pay if your not going to take your ranked match seriously?
++
an unexperienced person wouldn't pay for a subscription because there would be no reason to
So it'd seperate the competitve gamers from the weekend/notsoserious gamer creating a much more serious atmosphere
I don't see a downside to this proposal but if anyone does list em
Alright, I will list them:

-People without money (people like myself who can barely pay for their internet and college let
alone another subscription fee) would be cut out of this deal. I play this game everyday and to leave people like myself at the mercy of trolls and feeders is a bit sad to say the least.

-A fee will not stop all the trolls, or maybe even a majority of them. Look at other games where you have to pay to play, if I EVER hear someone say WoW doesn't have any trolls while they are in my general vicinity, I'm going to punch them in the ****ing face. Not because I hate them, but because of how massively and ignorantly stupid they are.

-The question of how many would actually pay for it. Sure, maybe you and 3 other people in the thread would, but would a majority of the player base? Imagine the queue times for the "elite" of the pay to players. You would have to wait at the very least 5 minutes just to queue with each other. Then once you can queue a dodge goes off because of a bad pick. With that person waiting for 30 minutes, you're **** out of luck. Not to mention that the free to play player base will be affected by the loss of the payers as well.

Onto the main topic. Kicking people is a terrible idea and paying to play is a somewhat feasible but in my opinion not that great of an idea. Take it as you will.

Reknepz

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelOfPain View Post

This is false. They have no responsibility to do this, they have NO responsibility to you, and they have no responsibility to the game. If you even bothered reading the terms of use, you would know this. If they do nothing about the problem, would it make them look bad? Would it make them lose customers? Yes. Are you entitled to have your ass wiped by Riot employees? No.

In theory this would work quite well, but what's to stop premades from abusing the system? What stops trolls from ruining it? If you kick them at champ select, can't they just requeue? If you make it so they can't requeue for 30 minutes, then the system is even MORE susceptible to abuse. I would also predict that this would lengthen queue times dramatically.

No one wants to play with him. Report them so other people don't have to either, you don't report out of personal vengeance but as a public service.

You don't lose elo for dodging and you are more than welcome to play custom games during this time.

Unless you dodged IN-GAME you can't get banned for a day. Most likely you were banned as a result of negative behavior.

-People without money (people like myself who can barely pay for their internet and college let
alone another subscription fee) would be cut out of this deal. I play this game everyday and to leave people like myself at the mercy of trolls and feeders is a bit sad to say the least.

-A fee will not stop all the trolls, or maybe even a majority of them. Look at other games where you have to pay to play, if I EVER hear someone say WoW doesn't have any trolls while they are in my general vicinity, I'm going to punch them in the ****ing face. Not because I hate them, but because of how massively and ignorantly stupid they are.

-The question of how many would actually pay for it. Sure, maybe you and 3 other people in the thread would, but would a majority of the player base? Imagine the queue times for the "elite" of the pay to players. You would have to wait at the very least 5 minutes just to queue with each other. Then once you can queue a dodge goes off because of a bad pick. With that person waiting for 30 minutes, you're **** out of luck. Not to mention that the free to play player base will be affected by the loss of the payers as well.

Onto the main topic. Kicking people is a terrible idea and paying to play is a somewhat feasible but in my opinion not that great of an idea. Take it as you will.

Vote kicking can't be abused in ranked ques. You would need a majority vote. As far as I know 2/5 is not a majority.... And why would you abuse vote kick... LETS JUST VOTE KICK THIS GUY WHO ISNT TROLLING! Lol, get real stop sucking up

And the fact that it is their job to make this game enjoyable.. it is their duty to uphold the integrity of ranked ques if they don't want to become a farce of a game

Fellentier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollm View Post
Spencer I wouldn't bother playing ranked until the servers reset. All the trolls come out before servers reset, because they know they will never even dream of making gold or plat, so why not ruin other people's games. You're better off doing regular draft games.
This man speaks the truth. Once the reset happens it will be back to serious buisness, but until then, at this point, it's just going to be a mad house.

SentinelOfPain

10-12-2012

Quote:
Vote kicking can't be abused in ranked ques. You would need a majority vote. As far as I know 2/5 is not a majority.... And why would you abuse vote kick... LETS JUST VOTE KICK THIS GUY WHO ISNT TROLLING! Lol, get real stop sucking up

And the fact that it is their job to make this game enjoyable.. it is their duty to uphold the integrity of ranked ques if they don't want to become a farce of a game
Why troll anything at all? Because they can. How much IS a majority though? Is three enough? If so it's more than doable. If it's four then will it even be effective?

And I'm not "sucking up," I'm pointing out a series of facts and things to take into consideration.

Really, you are so full of ****. It's not their JOB to make your day special. You use their service, FOR FREE, and maybe pay for their skins. You give them money, they give you RP. That is IT. They do NOT need to talk to you, listen to you, or do ANYTHING for you. They reserve the right to ban you for NO REASON, they reserve the rights to the game and everything in it. If you were to suggest an idea for anything on the forums, it becomes their property. You don't understand the full extent of the **** they do not have to give about you or ANY of their customers.

FoWFury

10-12-2012

Your completely right, i hate when you get a high elo for once and maybe you finally get ranked and someone HAS to come around and ruin it, if theres a troll in your game there should be a vote kick, but how would another player take his spot? would a person in que just take his spot in the middle of banning ( or whatever step your on)?

McFerren

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelOfPain View Post

This. Also, your elo isn't based off of how good you are. It is how great of a summoner you are and how hard you can carry. How you can bring a positive attitude and turn everyones attitude positive! Okay you have a troll top lane, get super ****ing fed in your lane and go shut their top down. And the fact that you are complaning about a FTP is arrogant and stupid. They don't owe you a goddamn thing. So stop *****ing and play the game.

canmx120

10-12-2012

I think this could work in ranked. It wouldn't be abused for trolling sake, since trolls are the minority,however I can see people ganging up and kicking someone because they don't like the enemy team comp. Or say, they kick, re-que, and ban all the champ pick the other team had. Pretty unfair.
I really really REALLY want there to be a way to implement this fairly, but I think the reason it hasn't already is because there isn't.

I'd like to see riot's take on this.