Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Al Shabab

10-10-2012

Lyte I get a lot of honor but I am also very moody... if I see that my teammates are playing without making obviously disasterous mistakes consistently that prove they have low IQ I am generally nice and get honor even if we lose but if we have 1 or more players who are like that I often rage and cannot help it :S

Often also I get insulted on nationalist basis (I play on EUNE) so I cannot help but to reply as my country was almost ruined in a war that happend while I was a kid. I can imagine I get reports from enemies while also getting honored by teammates.

what does that mean in the end? I think I have tons of honor and tons of reports! My behavior is highly reactive to situation and ppl I am dealing with... I have a toxic reaction to toxic ppl :/

dzell

10-10-2012

Hey Lyte, I think the honor system is GREAT, thank you for your hard work.

I'm a programmer and was wondering about the UI in terms honoring other players at the end of a match. Currently, two clicks are required to honor a player on your team. If you had a truly great team (which seems to be happening more often now btw) you have to click up to 8 times in order to honor them all. On top of that, up to 5 or so clicks are required to report a player.

What do you think about having a tab (or dialog) that would show all players in the match, and buttons to honor/report next to each one? This could also extend to reporting players as well. I think this would reduce the number of total clicks overall and make it user for players to use, which would result in players using it more often.

Icons similar to the honor ones could be created for the reporting ones.

Example screen:

Your team:
Teammate1 [Helpful] [Friendly] [Teamwork] -- [Verbal Abuse][Negative Attitude][Feeding][Other] [Comments]
Teammate2 [Helpful] [Friendly] [Teamwork] -- [Verbal Abuse][Negative Attitude][Feeding][Other] [Comments]
Teammate3 [Helpful] [Friendly] [Teamwork] -- [Verbal Abuse][Negative Attitude][Feeding][Other] [Comments]
Teammate4 [Helpful] [Friendly] [Teamwork] -- [Verbal Abuse][Negative Attitude][Feeding][Other] [Comments]

Enemy team:
Opponent1 [Honorable Opponent] -- [Verbal Abuse][Negative Attitude][Feeding][Other] [Comments]
Opponent2 [Honorable Opponent] -- [Verbal Abuse][Negative Attitude][Feeding][Other] [Comments]
Opponent3 [Honorable Opponent] -- [Verbal Abuse][Negative Attitude][Feeding][Other] [Comments]
Opponent4 [Honorable Opponent] -- [Verbal Abuse][Negative Attitude][Feeding][Other] [Comments]
Opponent5 [Honorable Opponent] -- [Verbal Abuse][Negative Attitude][Feeding][Other] [Comments]

Loafers4Gophers

10-10-2012

To be honest I haven't seen a single troll yet since then (haven't played more than a dozen games though). Still see leavers though ... forever leavers, but that's more a question of adopting the DotA 2 (or was it HoN?) policy of making a game safe to leave after a leaver doesn't come back in 5 min (while keeping hard punishment on leavers as to not increase the number of leaves)

ChoMog

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafers4Gophers View Post
To be honest I haven't seen a single troll yet since then (haven't played more than a dozen games though). Still see leavers though ... forever leavers, but that's more a question of adopting the DotA 2 (or was it HoN?) policy of making a game safe to leave after a leaver doesn't come back in 5 min (while keeping hard punishment on leavers as to not increase the number of leaves)
What about those with honest connection problems? I know I noticed that when I played pvp a couple days ago. I was yelled out for being gone for 10 min cause my college's internet crapped out at the beginning (thought i caught up quickly and helped win a game that seemed to be a loss early game). Its really hard to determine things like this without understanding the context.

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

When the initiative was launched i suspected that the positive reinforcement would lead to great results. I have noticed a huge difference already and want to applaud you for your efforts. The numbers are surprising nonetheless! Well played. Keep it up!

XxBloodSeekerxX

10-10-2012

Hello everyone, I been with LoL for a long time now over year and a half and i must say the honor system is working but i feel some players aren't taking it into to much consideration. I played multiple games where I have seen summoners actually make negative comments about the honor system cause they seen no benefit to it; i fear they are not seeing what riot is truly trying to perform and help LoL be a better environment for players .

I wanted to ask, maybe to help motivate people further to be better players; riot can choose to reward them, for example perhaps make the honor system link to one of the other or boost tabs or even rune page... a certain amount of certain honors grants a summoner a certain boost or a rune page...

*example, 50 opponent honor can grant boost IP increase 4 matches
50 teamwork can offer a rune page
25 helpful & 25 friendly can be traded for certain amount of IP.

I think rewarding summoners with something they would really like will make the game a better environment, in a sense its like we all work together, summoners be good little kiddies and riot can privilege summoners who make the game a better environment. Everyone wins in my opinion.

XxBloodSeekerxX

10-10-2012

~ChoMog~
I have still seen trollers out there, not as much but a % of the day bout 5/10 maps I still see a troller, not to mention team mates that bully other team mates,
such as, "oh this noob is feeding," "you need to uninstall LoL," still some of the things still being made in the game... we are all trying to figure out solutions i actually applied myself to stop bulling at schools and local places such as YMCA,

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We didn't just contact them, we hired multiple PhDs related to psychology full-time at Riot. Three that work closely on Team Player Behavior are: davin, who has a PhD in Human Factors Psychology; stinkytofu, who has a PhD in Brain & Cognitive Sciences and I'm a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience.

I know there's been interest in the past doing an AMA of some sort to talk about careers and how we all ended up at Riot--we just need to find some time.
Ha! and here i am marveling at the smart stuff you come up with just to now read that you have a team with huge academic credentials.
I used to work at and firm where all staff had an about page, background, academics and then a sections with funny questions that everyone answered. I hope we can see something like that on the League Page in the future.
Thank you for this little insight Dr. Lyte!

ncrwhale

10-10-2012

edit

Vertchewal

10-10-2012

Congratulations on the success! I myself have attained a lot of Honor and use it prudently. I think the matchmaking system should take Honor into account maybe?