Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

m0b00st

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic112 View Post
Have you considered making a filter where a person can choose to play with people with a certain amount of honor points in one section they have a preference for? For example a (Friendly 25) Normal. I am aware that there are conflicts with this route and i am aware of the honor initiative's main intentions i just figured id throw an idea i had out there.
It would generate some gnarly ques, but I like the idea for those that are willing to wait it out.

The Star of Hope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

RE: Publishing Papers

It's a fascinating experiment Lyte, and interesting to see descriptive statistics for some of the early data. I look forward to seeing how it develops and I hope you'll publish some of your findings. I think we can all agree that we'd like to see less aggressive and selfish behaviour in online communities and more open, honest, and altruistic communication.

mic112

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0b00st View Post
It would generate some gnarly ques, but I like the idea for those that are willing to wait it out.
Yea as far as balance in ques there would be alot to work out because no one who isnt a jerk wouldnt wanna play unfiltered normal actually come to think of it people might just play unfiltered for a quicker que hence what you were saying *facepalm*

Faifur

10-09-2012

It is a VERY easy fix. be unable to rate the same person twice. Have an icon pop up on the left part of the summoner box (in queue) with a gold banner or a blue banner showing you have played with them before, thus encouraging you to play friendly. Only be able to rate someone once, and if you play with them again and they are being rude, be able to take that away. BAM! rewards and punishments.

Shirigu

10-09-2012

I hope your not going to penalize husband and wife teams that play together and give honor to one another. I play with my wife all the time does that mean I should not give her honor if I know she has been the symbol of an exemplary player?

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAComedian View Post
System is kinda fun
This.

It feels really good to see you got honored after a game, especially if it was a loss.

Bestralda

10-09-2012

So because I almost always play in premade with friends I am being punished over someone who plays with random people each time?

innervation

10-09-2012

Guys...no one is being punished. I'm tired of people using that word like they're victims or something. This is an optional thing. You're welcome to continue honoring you're friends if they improve the game atmosphere/experience. It has diminishing returns. There aren't even tangible rewards for the system yet. No one is being punished but honor traders and system scammers.

Aqua Dragon 33

10-09-2012

Hey Lyte, what's the distribution curve for honor right now? Is there like, an average with small outliers? Or do most people have no honor and then there's just a huge dropoff from there?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
35 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigonet View Post
I'd be interested in seeing some info by character type -

I play support pretty much 100% of the time, as such it seems to net me quite a few friendly/helpful honours. Im not a supersrsbsns person, and pick support as I enjoy the teamplay aspect of the game, so this seems ok to me. I find myself giving out a lot of teamwork ones when I have a great laning buddy, or someone does a great job of carrying the game.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that this is likely to apply across the board, so you'll see carry classes getting a lot of teamworks (murdering things) and supports/ junglers with a lot of friendlies/helpfuls (healing/ganking/warding/stating objective timers).

Any chance you could release some info on this?
We're trying to present more and more stats about our features since we think there's an audience for them; however, it's going to take us some time to ramp up in this area.

Eventually, I'd like to show some stats for all Team Player Behavior features and have the community join us in observing how the experiments have unfolded.