Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reflexions

10-09-2012

So if i make a premade team, and we win and honor each other for good teamwork, that would count as trading?

Saigonet

10-09-2012

I'd be interested in seeing some info by character type -

I play support pretty much 100% of the time, as such it seems to net me quite a few friendly/helpful honours. Im not a supersrsbsns person, and pick support as I enjoy the teamplay aspect of the game, so this seems ok to me. I find myself giving out a lot of teamwork ones when I have a great laning buddy, or someone does a great job of carrying the game.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that this is likely to apply across the board, so you'll see carry classes getting a lot of teamworks (murdering things) and supports/ junglers with a lot of friendlies/helpfuls (healing/ganking/warding/stating objective timers).

Any chance you could release some info on this?

m0b00st

10-09-2012

I'd be willing to bet the drop in your reports is because you banned the people that tried to make the community better through reporting. I dont report anyone for anything anymore, I dont care how vile or bad the offense.

innervation

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mcburn View Post
Seriously.

Where are these crests at?

Even looking people up I don't see them anywhere ?.?
I've seen one on the loading screen, it was in the top left of his character portrait. Idk if they show up anywhere else in the league UI, or on the website, but they said they are open to such ideas.

innervation

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleReflex View Post
So if i make a premade team, and we win and honor each other for good teamwork, that would count as trading?
Lyte said honor people when they deserve it and there won't be any issues. Although if they deserve it every game, and you honor them every game, they aren't getting very much 'honor elo' for your reports, so to speak

Senten

10-09-2012

Explain to me Riot, how in the world is it fair that I get punished for queing up with my friends and them honoring me bc I dislike the community that I get paired up with in randoms, and as such I only que up with friends I know. I understand the abuse that comes from it, but I don't understand how punishing actions that are out of my control is fair, especially when I tell them not to bc of the nonsense of being punished and yet they do it anyway.

As a solution I'd recommend looking at: limit the number of times a player can honor the same player.

To wrap up this little rant, I've played this game since it came out of beta, and love it, but would really hate to fall out of it bc of some silly honor abuse punishment that's out of my control, in fact I think it's counter productive as it discourages the community from playing with others that they play with normally rather than bringing them together, in fear of that punishment, so please, lets see some changes.

VMan7

10-09-2012

I had about 60 honor from random people in solo queue.

Then I got banned and it reset to 0.

SBSuperman

10-09-2012

Lyte,

I know that you're not going to respond to this but I'm hoping you read it

Those are some amazing results for only a week into using the system! I was skeptical of the Honor Initiative when I heard it and thought it wouldn't help at all... but 41% fewer reports for offensive language in normal queue!?! I don't remember the other numbers, but they made my jaw drop.

The lower reduced reports in ranked makes sense because people tend to take ranked more seriously. This looks like the normal games are getting a major improvement as well.

Keep up the good work!

SB

mic112

10-09-2012

Have you considered making a filter where a person can choose to play with people with a certain amount of honor points in one section they have a preference for? For example a (Friendly 25) Normal. I am aware that there are conflicts with this route and i am aware of the honor initiative's main intentions i just figured id throw an idea i had out there.

Daen

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMan7 View Post
I had about 60 honor from random people in solo queue.

Then I got banned and it reset to 0.

I dunno how you managed to get 60 honor but were still enough of a dick to get banned. Impressive.