Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taliesin

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injusto View Post
I know that feel bro. Also, you forgot to add the support in the list of scapegoats.

My gawd I have to reevaluate my LoL life and stop jungling or supporting (my other main role). Maybe it's time to get that Darius and learn to solo top properly with him... XD
Yup. I hate playing support for the expectations the team places on you. I'm started to grate in the jungle now, too :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iainB85

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Yup. I hate playing support for the expectations the team places on you. I'm started to grate in the jungle now, too :/
All of the work, none of the glory.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NGG Codeluke

Senior Member

10-10-2012

I like playing junglers that give utlity to the team more than flat damage. My favs are Skarner, Shen, and Alistar


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SillyFearz

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
All of the work, none of the glory.
I always thank my junglers when they gank top for me. Without them id either be stuck in a stalemate or forced to tower dive for a kill unless the person is really cocky and easy then i just get the kill. Most people dont give jungler their credit i agree though I was one for a long time. Would play amumu get people fed do great initiates and the carries "I carry whole game im da best none of you can stop meh" I kinda stop playing jungler though because most my lanes would fail and id have to be everywhere at once but get blamed for them getting caught out x.x


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iainB85

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeluke View Post
I like playing junglers that give utlity to the team more than flat damage. My favs are Skarner, Shen, and Alistar
Is it possible you like these junglers because they are also flat out better picks than junglers who aren't utility? :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iainB85

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyFearz View Post
I always thank my junglers when they gank top for me. Without them id either be stuck in a stalemate or forced to tower dive for a kill unless the person is really cocky and easy then i just get the kill. Most people dont give jungler their credit i agree though I was one for a long time. Would play amumu get people fed do great initiates and the carries "I carry whole game im da best none of you can stop meh" I kinda stop playing jungler though because most my lanes would fail and id have to be everywhere at once but get blamed for them getting caught out x.x
Of course, Jungle is the easiest scapegoat in the game. It's hard to blame another lane for you doing poorly in your lane, but obviously the jungle could've been there more and it would've made you win your lane!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vilacom

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Personally I LOVE high damage early game power champions, I main top and play nasus. This makes me a crappy player, HOWEVER I am my jungler's best friend because when they come top with crazy high burst early game(my personal favs are lee sin and shyvana) i throw wither on my opponent and basically ensure either flash goes off or we get a serious amount of damage if not a kill on my opponent, which opens me up to some free farm time. Jungler goes back into top jungle, grabs some farm and then 15 seconds later I can do it again. Spent a lot of time playing blitz and Naut top as well (We've established im awful right?) And with those champs, espcially nasus, I'm happy to give the jungler the kills since my farm is FAR more important, then I become the tank later in the game while the jungler straight up kills people(or in shyvanas case, is a crazy tank and AND kills people)

Dont get me wrong, the tanky support junglers are still probably superior(amumu being a prime case) but the high damage assassins can also be amazing if you have a team comp to support them being on the team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iainB85

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilacom View Post
Personally I LOVE high damage early game power champions, I main top and play nasus. This makes me a crappy player, HOWEVER I am my jungler's best friend because when they come top with crazy high burst early game(my personal favs are lee sin and shyvana) i throw wither on my opponent and basically ensure either flash goes off or we get a serious amount of damage if not a kill on my opponent, which opens me up to some free farm time. Jungler goes back into top jungle, grabs some farm and then 15 seconds later I can do it again. Spent a lot of time playing blitz and Naut top as well (We've established im awful right?) And with those champs, espcially nasus, I'm happy to give the jungler the kills since my farm is FAR more important, then I become the tank later in the game while the jungler straight up kills people(or in shyvanas case, is a crazy tank and AND kills people)

Dont get me wrong, the tanky support junglers are still probably superior(amumu being a prime case) but the high damage assassins can also be amazing if you have a team comp to support them being on the team.
I can see that, but how often do you see people picking passive laners like Nasus these days? Pretty rare. Also, that scenario really only works top effectively... middle lane is way shorter, and bottom has a support dedicated to warding.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draxarr

Senior Member

10-10-2012

10/10 op. Bring back jungle from season 1 riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vilacom

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
I can see that, but how often do you see people picking passive laners like Nasus these days? Pretty rare. Also, that scenario really only works top effectively... middle lane is way shorter, and bottom has a support dedicated to warding.

Like I said, I accept that this is pretty much just me and thats because I absolutely love playing Nasus, he is my favorite champ by FAR, and you're right it doesnt work so well with mid and bot but those are totally different beasts where those laners having kills over their opposition is an enormous advantage to them and the dedicated warder is always an issue no matter what the jungler is playing, so either the early oracles or a couple pink wards have to come into effect.

Really tho every lane should be warding which is why wither is so potent, if they are pushed they basically need to see the jungler coming from baron to be able to get away totally free with a level 2-3 wither stuck on them.