Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iKeychain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Please improve some of the random splash arts in the game like Tango Twisted Fate. The current one is really ugly compared to his old one.

Winterstride

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
Why the hate on Leona's heels?

I like Leona's heels.

She's already pretty badass. The heels add a nice bit of class to her. She's a classy badass. You remove the heels, she loses that.
Leona doesn't need heels to denote class; classiness does that.

Lagginator

10-09-2012

WHY DID YOU CHANGE SORAKA IN THE VISUAL UPDATE?

You COMPLETELY changed Soraka's character in the visual update. Why? She went from mantronly to doe-eyed, naive, peg-legged teen.

NickWRX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Why did Morgana and Tryndamere get their 3rd new splash art, while Nunu, Cho, Tristana and many other beta champs havent gotten their's yet?

Seiferoth

10-09-2012

Hello, I played against you last night Miss Fortune. Welcome to ze Forums!

RiotNarsil

Art Director

10-09-2012
5 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Piece View Post
Do you think there's gonna be some new splash art for Cho'Gath anytime soon?
He needs it right? You will not be let down. I will say more globally that League, as you guys know, is an evolving game. There are many reworks in store and our good ole' Cho is among them.

Weegee7

10-09-2012

Can you tell us more about near-future visual updates? The recent ones we got were great (Soraka being the most noticeable change). Any hint to who's after Twisted Fate?

Skrapt

10-09-2012

Any plans to make Summoner's Rift more interactive, specifically on the environment side of things? Dominion has several animated props and doodads, but I'm speaking more to having players directly interact with things in maps, albeit not gameplay changing, but for fun.

What about allowing players to customize Summoner's Rift by buying skins for specific things. Aka switch all of Pinetree A to charred pine trees. Swap grass ground texture for sand.

I guess what it gets down to is, you guys invest a lot of effort into your characters and skins, but I don't see as much investement in the UI and Environments, especially in terms of customization. Like being able to shift the ability bar to a different area of the screen, or move the mini map.

I eagerly await your response

Skrapt

10-09-2012

Ah and one more I forgot.

The biggest complaint I get from trying to get my friends into this game is they can't tell what's going on in team fights. I think a lot of this comes from the VFX side, and personally I think LoL does it better than 99% of other games out there, but I was curious if you had any ideas of how to make this friendlier to new players.

iPromi

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
Hello all!

It’s been a few months since I joined the Riot art team as Art Director and I thought it was high time I said hello on the forums! The art team has been busy lately. We’ve been growing, strategizing, and doing everything we can to make awesome art.

Much of what we do for the game is inspired by the feedback that we get from you guys. Whether you’re curious about champions, maps, splash art, visual effects, UI or anything else…ask away! Also feel free to provide good constructive feedback. I’d love to hear from you!

I’ll look at this thread from time to time and answer as many questions as I can! Things are fast paced here so please be patient. Members of the art team close to particular topics may also chime in from time to time and we can break really awesome threads into their own topic.

Rock on,

Adam Murguia
Twitter: @RiotNarya
Summoner Name: RiotNarya

Hello there, thank you and all your team for the awesome work and results you guys provide to us, you are great!
Just a question, any plans on releasing anivia skin / art rework on the future? Also i know its prolly not on your field but ill ask, is there going to be a smoothing on her AA?
Thanks a lot for your time, really appreciate it.

Keep up your good work, have a nice day