Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lørd Abel

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'll field that one...
It was a joke but ok

jZichard

10-09-2012

I want kitty kat kat back =[

Kaladinn

10-09-2012

Hi RiotNarya i have a small request can you please do like a 10 minute drawing of Caitlyne and miss Fortune aiming their weapons at each other and post it? Would be really awesome if you did. ^^

Winterstride

10-09-2012

I'm really excited with all of the furious activity coming from the art department lately, pretty much a fan of everything you're trying to do.

I'm concerned about two major things at the moment:

1) You guys aren't pushing the basics enough. The anatomy on some of the new splash art portraits, most notably Lux's new one, is really questionable at best. I know you're pushing for more iconic silhouettes but this is the wrong way to do it. I love the idea behind the pose, it communicates energy and fun and Lux-brand crazy, but you could have done it better with a different pose.

2) You guys are making great strides in how you treat female humanoid champions - keep it up! We've been laying into IronStylus about this a lot lately and he's mentioned that you're aware of it. Zyra and Syndra were pretty disappointing in this regard (although Syndra's alternate skin is frickin' sweet) but the existence of Diana and Riven's upcoming skin gives me a lot of hope. Please push for more female champs like this so it won't sound weird when IronStylus points to Zyra and says she was made for "variety" (when her body type is the most common one in the game).

Still a big fan despite my gripes with some of your fundamentals. Please keep up the pace and push those fundamentals!

InertBlowfish

10-09-2012

Hi.
Please don't change your art style because of people whining about over-sexualisation.
I don't think these people complaining realise that it's a fantasy game.
Why would I go on to a fantasy game to look at some average Jane Doe or Joe Blogs.

No, no. I want to see sexy females, manly men, and weird blue furry creatures that pass as humanoid.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I have 2 Feedbacks...and 1 question

1) Miss Fortune has ridiculously heavy eye-liners in all her models even though only two of the skins splash arts have eyeliners, Waterloo and Candy Cane. It's especially noticeable in her Cowgirl Skin for some reason, as though the artist laid it even thicker than it should be. It just doesn't fit well with her splash arts that her models all have such heavy eye-liners on.

2) Mecha Kha'zix has way too many explosions in his kit, as a result you can't even see his Passive. His Passive is an explosion, his Q is an explosion for some reason, and his W is also an explosion. If you proc his Passive with an auto-attack it looks a bit too much like his Q, and if you proc is with his W, you can't even tell the difference in a heated battle playing against him. In fact...why is his Q even an explosion anyways considering he just scissors his opponent with his two pee-claws.

Also in that same thread...is that what you envisioned explosions are supposed to look like when his Classic skin Void Spikes explode on target? It looks...so gentle for an explosion.

3) I asked about being able to switch between NA and Chineses splash arts a few months ago. You guys said you'd ask the splash art team about it and get back when you have time. But it's been months and there's still not update. Any word from the splash team?

Oh...uh, you probably wanted some more positive feedbacks right? Great job on Miss Fortune's new splash art, 100% improvement! Amazing job with the splash art of the new Soraka as well, also fantastic! I wish eventually all outdate champions gets an update like Soraka and have their splash arts upgraded like MF did! Why does Zyra, a champion with so much creative potential for awesome skins, start off with a generic fire skin? Wait, that last one wasn't positive...

Kilmourz

Senior Environment Artist

10-09-2012
4 of 41 Riot Posts

It's not Butter..flys? kog maw icon ftw

Caladrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

One of my fav champs is Anivia. Is her default splash art going to be updated soon-ish?

edit: first after red

Pitayin

10-09-2012

Welcome to the forums!

Endertome

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'll field that one...
Why the hate on Leona's heels?

I like Leona's heels.

She's already pretty badass. The heels add a nice bit of class to her. She's a classy badass. You remove the heels, she loses that.