Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BobbyTabless

10-09-2012

I feel that honor is not being given out in the way Riot is intending. From the FAQ "Anytime a player has really gone above and beyond to make your experience better, we encourage you to award Honor."

However, it seems like people have settled a standard of "If you don't do anything dishonorable you get honor". The majority of games I play I get honor. Do I deserve teamwork honor if all I did was call mia? I often get honorable opponent when I said nothing in all chat.

You will sometimes see people say "honor" in the chat after game, just to remind people to give honor as there were no flame wars in the game and we all deserve honor. It feels like honor trading has become the unspoken rule (but nothing so blatant as to be reportable).

colbolt

10-09-2012

I don't know if this is a good idea or not but maybe if you get a certain amount of honor (say 100) or something like that, then you could get some kinda of buff like a free champ, IP boost, 10 riot points or something like that. what do you guys think?

l00t3r

10-09-2012

I would really like to see Honor and Dishonor (which should replace Tribunal) listed in the champ select with each Summoner. At least then you know what/who you're dealing with by reputation of peers.

Then, I would really like a mechanism to proactively dodge games with grossly toxic players. For example, what if a Summoner could be booted from queue if 1) all other four Summoners unanimously voted (and anonymously in the fact that you could not see whether/if other Summoners had voted) and only if 2) the Summoner in question had surpassed a certain threshold of Dishonor?

This could be a huge mechanism of accountability by a jury of peers to weed out horribly toxic players. You can be sure that even worst offenders might think twice (and pay attention to manage their behavior) when their Dishonor approaches the threshold where they will be hard pressed to find a game in which the won't be booted!

Just my $0.02, - KC

DaMiTzNhan

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
toxic toxic. toxic
TM06

There's that word again.

OckyFlam

10-09-2012

Quote:
As far as I am concerned, anything is possible. We just have to make sure we thoroughly think through any new expansions to Honor and make sure the experiments have testable and meaningful hypotheses.
Honour scaling questions:

Have you considered scaling honour based on whether the team is winning? If you're losing a game it's far harder (and even more crucial) to stay positive and constructive. Players should be rewarded for it.

Have you considered scaling honour based on how **** a player is playing (seriously)? If you're having a bad game it's far harder (and even more crucial) to stay positive and constructive. Players should be rewarded for it.

It just seems (to me) to be less useful to dole out "this player was helpful" on a dude that carried you through a winning game than to award honour to that poor guy who got mauled but kept being useful and positive.

Sire Steven

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darion Mograine View Post
No it's not. I've given people plenty of advice before without getting raged at. I just say something that makes me sound desperate and stupid, like... "Wow they have a lot of AP burst, maybe our tank should get [insert item here], not sure..." Or... "That WW is gonna jump on you a lot, maybe QSS to get out of it and we can counter initiate?"

Stuff like that usually works at least in my experience.
Never thought about handling it like that. No idea why this got a downvote I think it's a good post. I typically don't like to come off like that, but I suppose if I had to I could. I have a habit of presenting cold hard facts and doing my best to be nice about whatever I am saying. Even some of the things I've said in the nicest tone imaginable still get raged at. This typically happens when I am playing with some of my newer friends, so obviously the people I am playing with will also be newer. For example, I was raged at by a cho'gath who was supporting me bottom lane for asking him to let me have the minion kills. He proceeded to say "everyone needs minion kills," to which I agreed. I then went on to try and explain why the ad carry is in need of a decent farm, and even recommended some gp10 items that would work well for him. In reply to this, he called me a noob and muted me. I've had this happen on several occasions.

Sybil Cut

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Janas View Post
Doesn't stop dicks from getting you to promise to give them honor to stop them trolling. I had a guy in a ranked game who want to play Lee Sin adc. Finally he locked in Ezreal but the whole time he kept trolling . Each time he died he'd give up and go "That's it I'm building tank" and then built tank items on Ezreal until he realised that what the rest of us were saying the entire game was true: we could win this.

Stupidly, the only thing that stopped him playing like a complete nob ("Can I have a leash?" "No.") was the fact that we told him we'd all give him honor if we won.

At least now I have a bargaining tool for these sorts of people.
If it wins you the game, give him his honor, and report him.

Doesn't matter if he gets it if he will just lose it in the end.

ardulus25

10-09-2012

Quote:
We didn't just contact them, we hired multiple PhDs related to psychology full-time at Riot. Three that work closely on Team Player Behavior are: davin, who has a PhD in Human Factors Psychology; stinkytofu, who has a PhD in Brain & Cognitive Sciences and I'm a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience.

I know there's been interest in the past doing an AMA of some sort to talk about careers and how we all ended up at Riot--we just need to find some time.
Lyte! I have a psychology question related to player behavior. In your opinion and training, if a person feels empowered about their decisions and actions over the course of a game will they be more likely to take responsibility for themselves? Will they also be less likely to blame others for a negative out come then? Will a person be more likely to be less dissatisfied with a negative outcome if they feel empowered about their effect on the game?

xoxoFluttershy

10-09-2012

What will happen with the Tribunal now since cases are dropping?

CptCoolBeans

10-09-2012

Was wondering, what if i dont give honor to anyone at all? Usually i get dc from the end game lobby or just exit it.

And i found that getting honor is really easy if you play support haha.