Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

akaThien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Hey Lyte,

I was wondering if you ever had an "honor queue" in mind. Is it possible or even worth considering a solo queue that can only be unlocked after a Honor threshold? My concern with this is that it might have a negative impact on the general community. I think that the Honor initiative is supposed to help the general population as a whole, but sometimes I really want to play a game where I know I'll have friendly, non-rage, non-troll teammates.

Implementing an honor currency system might be able to keep the "good/nice" players still in the general population, keeping it from being a continuous cess-pit of demoralizing gamers.

I'd really like to know if you or Riot has thought of this, and what other issues might be preventing it. Thank you for your work!

Mictlantl

10-09-2012

TBH im starting to like this system, more people stop being db's
also what i can note is a little tendency on the down to racism
kinda sad that in the "country of freedom", where bye law no one can oblige you to speak any particular idiom or language, the most readed text lane was "speak english ******"

but now looks like is starting to fade away

2ofSpades

10-09-2012

Those are some impressive figures

venntriloo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I can see the difference it's slowly working

PandaTriste

10-09-2012

I like the new system. Question though, would honoring someone because they gave you a position that you they wanted a valid honor?

Dr Page

10-09-2012

So we can get punished for honoring players if they honor us back? What the heck is this all about? I like the honor system, but not I'm going to use it if I might get punished because of a number that doesn't actually mean anything. We aren't getting any kind of boost or reward for having more honor, so I just don't understand why it's so strictly controlled.

Spectre30

10-09-2012

It's nice to see that you guys are trying something new to help the "community." I love playing League of Legends every single day, but there are definitely some days that I wonder why I willingly subject myself to the trolls and flamers. It's refreshing to see a proactive approach in place of a reactive approach. Keep up the good work Riot. Thank you.

JustSaint

10-09-2012

Big problem that you dont see honorable opponents on your team( i mean people who has this achivment) and you dont get any achivments for other as i understand. personaly me i have 35 Team work and 33 honor 8 friendly and 3 helpful as i remember. All from different people. Maybe if people would be able to see this during picks they would keep chat more clear or something. Also somehow similar initiative to prevent trollers also would be nice.

Takhuan

10-09-2012

Hey Lyte you guys should make it so that people who give honor can take it back if they are still at the end game screen.

I had a few times where I was quiet the whole game but at end game stats I basically probably shouldn't say some stuff I say but I notice that I still get honorable opponent from other team because they are just too happy about winning that they give it away before anyone says anything at the end.

thermaldragoon

10-09-2012

I think it's a great system. Makes the game a little more social when someone deserves praise. Like all those games where the opposing team had a leaver within 2 or 3 mins, but the 4 stayed and fought anyways. Always wanted to be able to do more than just say "gg, wp". Glad we can now =). Maybe eventually we could get a small boost for our honors or something.