Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
23 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VnA Prodigy View Post
Dear Dr. Lyte,

I saw that you mentioned you guys contacted statisticians and people with PhDs. Did any of these people happen to have degrees in psychology? As someone who is looking into possible careers in psychology, it would be really fascinating to me if you guys did work with any such people and could talk more about those things.

Sincerely,
A Curious College Student
We didn't just contact them, we hired multiple PhDs related to psychology full-time at Riot. Three that work closely on Team Player Behavior are: davin, who has a PhD in Human Factors Psychology; stinkytofu, who has a PhD in Brain & Cognitive Sciences and I'm a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience.

I know there's been interest in the past doing an AMA of some sort to talk about careers and how we all ended up at Riot--we just need to find some time.

CannonFodderTed

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Some extremely excessive, repeat cheaters may find themselves at negative Honor or may find that they will never be able to give Honor again...
That's good. I do like the idea of giving high honored players priority queing and low-honored highly reported players lower priority queue. Or even better, allow highly honored players priorty to be queued with other hightly honored players so us nice guys have less of a chance to get stuck with the jerks and let the jerks get queued with each other.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012
24 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
Have you considered making this one of the “Rewards” for players with very high Honor? This would serve as a tangible benefit for accumulating Honor, and if the system is working right people with high Honor won’t be using this to harass others anyways. You know, because they're honorable and stuff. Let people report verbal abuse for Honor comments as a reportable offense and I can guarantee people won’t be using it to abuse other players since people with high Honor won’t want to lose their hard earned Honor too.
Allowing 'comments' is one of the ideas being passed around for extremely Honorable players. If players have more suggestions, the team is more than happy to collect them

Bleatmop

10-09-2012

Quote:
We didn't just contact them, we hired multiple PhDs related to psychology full-time at Riot. Three that work closely on Team Player Behavior are: davin, who has a PhD in Human Factors Psychology; stinkytofu, who has a PhD in Brain & Cognitive Sciences and I'm a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience.

I know there's been interest in the past doing an AMA of some sort to talk about careers and how we all ended up at Riot--we just need to find some time.
Wow. I've always like Riot, but I love how they've hired experts in the appropriate fields to help modify player behaviour. Evidence based practice ftw!

Lyte

10-09-2012
25 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes726 View Post
My League of Legends keeps crashing after the Honor update. Why is it doing this? After I finish a game it crashes. Please fix the problem. I would like to be honored and honor friends and foes.
Please contact Player Support, I don't believe this issue has to do with Honor so unfortunately I can't assist.

Drummuh Dude

10-09-2012

Quote:
It's a bit of both. You need certain amount of Honors, but you also need a certain about of Honor 'value' which depends on who you are receiving Honor from.

To keep your Crest, you need to also consistently be positive in your games.
Thank you for answering me! =D

hopoo

10-09-2012

Is there any chance of being able to see our true Honor 'value', rather then number of times we were honored? Its frustrating that my friend flaunts his 40+ honor to my 10 when he simply boosts his. Neither of us have medals.

BlasterDarkness

10-09-2012

the honor system is going well but there are still alot of trolls around. can we get an option in customs where you can majority vote ban someone from a current game or give the host the right to do so. im saying this because alot of times most people are respectful and follow the current game rules but there is almost always 1 person that ruins things and brakes the rules set for the current custom match. it is sad to have the game ruined for everyone based on 1 person. so please give us the ability to ban someone from at least custom games. thank you!

nocturnhabeo

10-09-2012

Quote:
Allowing 'comments' is one of the ideas being passed around for extremely Honorable players. If players have more suggestions, the team is more than happy to collect them
I can only play about 1-2 games a few days a week at best. Will this effect my honor gain and any crests I may receive?

On a side note in general I have noticed my teams becoming more positive all around and wish I could thank riot a hundred times over

EncrustedAnchor

10-09-2012

Nice to see that Riot can make an honor system work and Dota2 can't