Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ninja Disciple

10-09-2012

I think the honour initiative so far has been a success.

At first, it revealed itself to be a sort of easy way to get personal recognition in games for good behaviour. People would just incessantly praise every single move by their team and the other for it's weight in gold (honour).

Now I believe that the truly pessimistic summoners are being slowly revealed and the honour system is left for those who truly do have patience and are willing to give advice to other players. All the flamers will continue to flame and be punished, while those who have always be good and wish to be changed will be rewarded.

It may be 'operant conditioning' but by the statistics posted by Riot, and my own personal volition, I can attest that this initiative has been a success so far. It will be interesting to follow how it plays out in the future with rewards and more.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
22 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDM View Post
Was wondering are there plans in the works for a - honor system i see atm it starts at 0 and goes up, however its reset to 0 for an infraction. would be interesting to see it be able to go into the -. That said however it would be rather hard to keep the trolls from just spamming everyone with - honor.

one interesting thought for people with - honor could have longer q times or something to that effect.
Some extremely excessive, repeat cheaters may find themselves at negative Honor or may find that they will never be able to give Honor again...

DeadlyVirus

10-09-2012

Honour system seems to be working great though. I see a lot less raging.

This is probably the best thing since Bunny Teemo came out.

xTc4

10-09-2012

It would be nice to get some rewards for being honored. Maybe some ip boosts or some skins for achieving a certain amount of honor and having a clean record.

DeadlyVirus

10-09-2012

Also, it would be nice if we could know who provided us the honour.

I keep wondering whom it was.

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If you give Honor to players who genuinely deserve it, you'll never be banned--even if you expend all of your Honor.

We do realize that Co-op vs Bot games tend to be nicer environments so players in Co-op vs Bot games tend to run out of Honor to give more quickly. We'll keep collecting the data to see if we need to make some tweaks in this area.
This baffles me. I see far more toxic behavior in bots games than real games.

...in retrospect, this might be because I like to silently troll bots games because we're always gonna win anyway. But people go nuts there.

PaxyB

10-09-2012

The game has gotten so much more pleasant to play at all times of the game EXCEPT at champ select. The honor/report system has NOT stopped people from announcing their plans to troll you into the ground at champ select.

This is going to stay that way until there is a way to report/log during champ select

CannonFodderTed

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We were certain that toxic players would try to 'target' players with Crests of Honor and try to report them; however, toxic players that do this lose all of their report weighting so it ends up being harmless anyway.
This is good to know because I have had a couple people essentially make fun of me calling me the likes of a pansy goody-goody. I wonder if these people are actually trying to report people for being nice and I only can hope that any case created by them for the tribunal gets reviewed by enough people so that they can be pardoned rather than only a couple so it doesn't accidentally get punished by a few neglegent tribunists.

Elsaliss

10-09-2012

@Dr. Lyte:

Not sure if you answered this yet but how would you deal with this situation?

Let's just say that you had a really good game. Your jungler ganked a lot and helped take all the objectives, as well as coordinating the team for team fights. At the end game screen, he says, "You guys are awesome! Honor for everyone!" Can you report that for spamming? Most likely he says that every game to 'remind' people to honor him, which I think goes alongside purposefully trading Honor between players.

Xx2TailsxX

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal1ace View Post
Any reward that deals with rp/ip leads to abuse no matter how big. Even if not for the abuse factor why would a company of a free game give money away in any amount. the game is free and you can earn almost everything in the game except skins. It is just not a smart idea why do something that would cause a potential problem and hurt the business? there are rewards like that through recruiting people and the tribunal. abusing the honor system would cost allot of manpower to find traders and abusers. Thats why this was a test run in the first place.
I do agree however, here are some key points.
YES this is a trial, so who's to say that they won't? It was a simple suggestion. Its not asking for a lot. How often do you actually GET an honor? I can play 20 games a day and get maybe 4 if I'm lucky. Making those points 10-20 IP each would be a good system. It would encourage players to be better. Even for that little amount. It wouldn't take allot of manpower to find them because its not hard at the end of the day to see people who gained like 300 over a 3 hour time span. And it wouldn't really affect their company. 10-20 IP an honor point? Thats like .0001 of a Penny to them. They may have millions of players but it would take months before you could actually earn enough to spend. And you try recruiting people at this point. You'll have better luck killing Voldemort at this rate. And thats why their point system is so high for recruits. I could be wrong but you need like 50 people to get a skin....that you could pay 5 bucks for. you know?