Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PookieJenkins

10-09-2012

Perhaps reward people who reach a certain number of honor in a catergory. 100 honor in helpfulness for Proffesor Ryze, 100 honor in Honorable Opponent for perhaps a Garen skin, 100 honor in Friendly for a Teemo skin, & perhaps 100 honor in team work for a Ninja skin. 100 or more aslong as we're rewarded for being good players there'll be a major decline in the trolls & jerks in game currently. Why be bad when being good obviously pays better?

Dominus O Legend

10-09-2012

I was thinking trading Honor for refund.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
19 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
Would you consider making so that you can only give honor to a certain person once or twice a day? I wouldn't want to get my honor removed for only playing with my friends, who would honor me every game.
If your friends keep Honoring you and they believe you deserve it, you will generally be OK. You just won't receive full Honor value for the Honors they give you.

mlc444

10-09-2012

"Let’s not only make a difference in League of Legends, let’s make a difference in online gaming."

How noble and honorable of Riot to try to affect online gaming as a whole, don't you think?

:-P

Arrogant Egotist

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by leothorn View Post
Honor system reducing players to dithering dumasses . People have stopped even criticizing **** moves by players . If someone is wrong he has to be told he is wrong not cajoled into ohh gj ....It pisses me off..
Do we want to stop constructive criticism all together ??

Lyte have you considered having drop down boxes with actions for which honor is avoided.
The drop down would contain phrases like : Warded / Skillful / etc

And dishonor to tell them where they are going wrong . This is especially for solo queue
The point is to critize them without out just trying to ***** them out of the game, AKA giving advice, I advised someone to try last hitting creeps so that they didn't push the lane and get ganked a bunch and got helpful honor instead of it for example. I did NOT just go OMG teemo is a ****in noob that can't last hit for **** or something like that.
The whole point is because even non ranked early level games of lol have been a notoriously toxic community as a whole, most people's 'constructive criticism' is more often than not a pathetic attempt to divert attention away from their own mistakes in an aggressive manner, I've had more than a few RL friends who flat out refuse to play this game solely because of the asinine nature of the people who populate it.

If you feel the need to call a players mistake out do it properly and you won't have to worry about everyone within earshot instantaneously hating you for ruining the mood of their game.

Daygus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

dat operant conditioning

PrideLocDown

10-09-2012

Honor those who fight with honor!

this means no running during a 1v1 fight, no consistant ganking 1 person, no picking on people doing poorly, nothing cowardly, a person who fights long and hard deserves honor not those who merely fight for their own score!

Lyte

10-09-2012
20 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummuh Dude View Post
LYTE -

First of all, thank you for taking the time to answer the community's questions about Honor! I was curious about Honor Crests: Is there a certain amount of honor required (total or per-category) to unlock them, or do you have to average X honors per game (or y% of all recent players honor you)? I'm not looking for specific numbers here, just the method used to determine who receives them.
It's a bit of both. You need a certain number of Honor, but you also need a certain amount of Honor 'value' which depends on who you are receiving Honor from.

To keep your Crest, you need to also consistently be positive in your games.

CannonFodderTed

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobburn View Post
Yeah, I wanna know why I've got 26 honorable opponent but still haven't gotten the banner....
I have a few guesses which may or may not be right....
  • You got some of them from custom games where your opponents were premade such as arams or preset teams.
  • Perhaps the system recognised a trend of you honoring the same opponents that were honoring you and it flagged it as possible honor trading
  • Perhaps the system is not based solely on number of "honors" but rather on a percentage of games that you get honored. Thus you maybe took a TON of games to get that much honor vs someone who got it with less games.
  • Perhaps the system has more weight on different types of games. For instance, it might count an honor in ranked as higher value than say an honor in co-op or custom.
  • Perhaps the system gives honorable badges to only a certain percentage of players (like maybe top 2% or something) and until one of those players no longer qualifies for the badge it doesn't open up a new spot for instance.

So I guess it would be interesting to know a little more about how they calculate and determine the distribution of the badge system. Maybe Riot doesnt WANT people to know how it works because they don't want people to abuse it. All I know is that I have an honorable opponent badge (or so my enemy's keep telling me, although I can't tell myself.) and I got it after about 10 honorable opponents. I have roughly 50 honor points total right now and most of them are honorable opponents. I'm not even really sure if other badges exist.

Lyte

10-09-2012
21 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrowen View Post
Hi Dr. Lyte!

Quick Question concerning the ability to view crests/banners in games. Do you think the more toxic type players (especially when queued up together with others of similar nature) will attack the banner opponent via reports just to try and cost them the crests?

I'm sure you've seen many many reports in the past of a player being jumped on by a whole team of friends just to try and get someone banned for no really good reason.
We were certain that toxic players would try to 'target' players with Crests of Honor and try to report them; however, toxic players that do this lose all of their report weighting so it ends up being harmless anyway.